Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: 4 Wise Guys
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:36 am 

Got close with a group of friends who have know each other for 10+ years a regularly get together. They're all a little older than me. Pretty quickly something in the group resonated and I just found myself wanting to spend more time with them. Really feel lucky to crossed path's with them.

Recently, I asked a couple of the guys for advice. Then wrote down the one thing that resonated from each of them...
Quote:
Guy 1
- Find something I like doing because if I don’t like it. I won’t stick with it. (passion)

Guy 2
- Know the difference between “standard of living” and “quality of life”. (balance)

Guy 3
- Reach my goals with specific step-by-step plans. (planning)

Guy 4
- It’s not about what I want to do. It’s about what I need to do. (consistency)

Love that these all blend together to achieve some kind of success in something we want. Like pieces of a puzzle.

It's also funny to me that they all talked about different 'topics' and none of them overlapped on the same thing really.

This is a good reminder on things to focus on when working towards something. The "quality of life" and planning more specifically was what resonated the most.

Post subject: Re: 4 Wise Guys
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:36 am 
Site Admin

Looking at them, their possibility for harm is low.

whats the worst that can happen, whats the best that can happen.

many gems come from conversations like that imho.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

Post subject: Re: 4 Wise Guys
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:13 pm 

peregrinus wrote: *
Looking at them, their possibility for harm is low.

whats the worst that can happen, whats the best that can happen.

many gems come from conversations like that imho.

Yeah, thinking what's the worst thing that can happen is what I usually think about and it's usually a no-brainer.

Something that I left out in the OP is this group of guys have been regularly getting together every week or so for 10+ years. Is the friendships and the camaraderie that was in this group was beautiful to see and be a part of. The group was so deep and connected every couple of weeks I was surprised how deep the group went. I understand why I resonated to it and it's sad the younger generation of guys don't do more of it. There's so much value in it!

Thankfully these guys showed me about this and how important it is to create this group in my life. It was just a place for guys to be guys and let loose; like a brotherhood. It's something that's lacking in today's generation with everything getting more and more behind screens and less face to face. I'm not going to go into that topic because it's so big. I'm just happy to be connected with those guys and thank them for welcoming me.