Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: LSD
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:59 am 

Last week a friend asked if I would like to do LSD with them. The time was right and it happened.
The experience was beautiful!
I'm NOT recommending taking LSD through this thread, only sharing my experience.

I've always had a curious attraction to psychedelic substances from a young age, but only recently have they come into my life.

Earlier in the year I had an experience with another psychedelic drug that didn't work in the end, but I walked away with two lessons. My mindset was looking at the wrong thing. I believed psychedelics would 'cure' me and 'fix' me. False. Only one thing can do those things. You, or for my case, Me.

The other was don't fear the unknown. I tried to 'prepare' myself for the drug by reading as much as I could, because I was scared of not knowing what would happen. All reading others experience does is box in your own experience. Your/my experience is unique to us, it may never happen to anyone else. But by reading others experiences and preparing yourself to their experience you can stop your own experience from flowing out. That's my opinion. So, going into LSD I felt way more relaxed.

The day was a beautiful day, sunny and warm. I had the day off which made it even better. One of the people in the group was my good friend. The others where people I did not associate with. It didn't bother me taking LSD with people I just met.
We gobbled it down and headed to the local park.

At first I felt high, like smoking weed, then I visited a different level. There was a sense of mental confusion that was beautiful. The world looked different. Brighter and clear.

I spent the initial part with the group. Mostly I was enjoying the scenery on my own, and didn't feel a need to converse. Besides the other two fellas kept feeling the need to brag about their cool stories and what not. Wasn't interested.

At one point when I was still with the group, I could see clearly through them. I took their words deeper than the constants and vowels that where spoken. The two girls didn't truly say much; nothing with depth. The two other fellas said A LOT. Their EGO's where chirping none stop. Much of anything that came out of their mind was constant reinforcement of their image. How cool they where or what they did. Behind their sentences I could see where their true sense of worth came from; others. Their was a constant battle within them to keep feeding their ego; they where restless.

On the other hand I found myself in a euphoric state toward the middle of my trip to the next day at work in 6 in the morning! :o

Toward the beginning of my trip though I remember feeling a discomfort within. I had an urge to walk somewhere else and leave our current spot. The place we where at was beautiful, on top of a hill overseeing the view. For me, it wasn't enough. I needed to move. Then, I went deeper to the source. My discomfort came from believing the other place would bring me more joy then the place right now. No place is different if you're unhappy from within. No girl, no new place, no new 'x' is different unless you're happy from within, because then do you only have the space to take in what is truly in front of you.

After that point things lightened up. I decided to leave the constant ego bickering and walk on my own. Which was much more enjoyable! 8-)

I walked around, then took a seat on a rock, laid back, put my headphones in and let the waves of LSD take me away. I surrendered a bit, and got taken away.

When I returned to the group, by their request, I remembered a point where I felt an ecstasy while sitting down with them. There was nowhere else to be, but in that moment itself. That sank in for a second.

I journeyed off again after some time and enjoyed the calmness I felt inside by myself. I remember not controlling much of anything within me. Whatever came up came up and I went with it.
Let the leafs flow down river, no need to grab any, unless you truly feel like it.. (sloppy paraphrasing).

Lastly, I enjoyed how LSD dissolved time for me. Seconds didn't seem like seconds, and neither did minutes or hours.

Post subject: Re: LSD
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:24 am 

I'm not an expert, but in my view, the only danger of LSD is that you feel the need to reproduce the same experience again and again and that you feel you can only do it with LSD (well it sure is easier than other methods), other than that ...

RIP Albert Hofmann (wiki)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:22 pm 

Cool experience, Dude.
Ever tried DMT ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:28 pm 

I tried Salvia Divinorum once and it was one of most profound experiences I ever had. The strange thing was that for a few days after taking it, the reality seemed less "real" than the trip. I was completely disassociated and felt in the moment all the time. Even I wasn't bothered with problems - they seemed irrelevant - I was operating at 200% efficiency (result of completely not caring about the result).

On the other hand friend who took it with me had horrible bad trip and was getting his shit together for next 6 months after taking it. So it works differently on different people, just know what may happen.

I was born the son of evil when I fuck the devil there!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:34 pm 
Site Admin

bravo TheDude on your realizations.

Conscious observation :D

There are a lot of things for you to think about in what you wrote.
Thank you for sharing your experience, I look forward to the follow up post in a week or so when you have had time to ponder the experience with some distance.

Disclaimer: I am not condoning the use of LSD.. Merely the way TheDude approached it, given he was going to do it.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:03 pm 

Hallucinogens are great for these kinds of experiences. I've had quite a few, even posted some of them here. The problem was that the mindset never seemed to stick, and always reverted back to what it was before after a couple of days, but with more anger because I was attached to the "high" way of thinking and could never incorporate it into the "sober" me.

There were many reasons for that, and hopefully it will not be the case for you. Seems like a nice trip you had.

I'd be really scared to try DMT. Some people have said that they've realized things about humans and civilization and can't integrate back.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:56 pm 

moose35 wrote:
The problem was that the mindset never seemed to stick, and always reverted back to what it was before after a couple of days,
exactly

I was born the son of evil when I fuck the devil there!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:05 am 

moose35 wrote:
I'd be really scared to try DMT. Some people have said that they've realized things about humans and civilization and can't integrate back.
Me too but if I ever got the chance I would talk myself into it. For sure, it's kinda crazy that the most illegal drug is found in your brain.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:12 am 

Altair wrote:
moose35 wrote:
Me too but if I ever got the chance I would talk myself into it. For sure, it's kinda crazy that the most illegal drug is found in your brain.
Oh obviously, it just seems too awesome to not try if there is an opportunity :lol: I might cook up some ayahuasca this summer, it's supposed to be a milder version.

I wouldn't say it's the most illegal, but definitely the most potent. A trip that lasts for 15 minutes, but to you feels like 2 days? That's some inception level shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:29 am 

Altair wrote:
moose35 wrote:
And also in most mammals and like all plants :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:48 am 

fufe wrote:
Cool experience, Dude.
Ever tried DMT ?
I have. It's funny, because I wasn't even looking for it. It just appeared. The experience was much different. Time dissolved and the rest I don't want to put into words. :lol:

rekieter wrote:
moose35 wrote:
The problem was that the mindset never seemed to stick, and always reverted back to what it was before after a couple of days,
exactly
Look into why it doesn't stick. Why do you want it to stick? The solutions aren't outside yourself.

Altair wrote:
moose35 wrote:
Yeah, that's the crazy part. All of this mind-altering, multi-dimensional realities are already within us, sometimes they just need a little more of it to be triggered. :twisted:

moose35 wrote:
Oh obviously, it just seems too awesome to not try if there is an opportunity :lol: I might cook up some ayahuasca this summer, it's supposed to be a milder version.
Not at all, ayahuasca, "vine of the soul", is a very long lasting 'drug'. Shamans use it to heal members of a tribe. It last for a minimal of 6 hours, depending on the batch. It's heavy loads of DMT, ingested through a fluid which is prepped for atleast 10 hours. The DMT is absorbed into the bloodstream and takes you somewhere else, where the sun don't shine! :twisted:

Thanks pere, it was an awesome experience!
It's been a few weeks now, and life has returned back to the mundane. ;)
I noticed a lot, and I feel I couldn't put it all into words, or I don't want to put it into words (better left untouched).
I'll write what I can bring up right now.
Life isn't something to overcome or get a grasp off.
Flow.
Surrender (Let go).
Life is beautiful, ugly, fast, crazy, dumb, brilliant.
All those things packed into one.
Life is life.
Enjoy it. Enjoy the lows and the highs. Enjoy it all.
Don't let your mind take you on the mental race it enjoys, give it a chill pill.

Public enemy number one...yourself. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:22 am 

There's defenitly something to hallucinogens and opening up the mind, psychic energy etc...

Funny story...

A few years ago me and a buddy of mine went over to hang out with these 2 girls, we started drinking, hit the bong, nothing major, then we started playing pictionary.

It was me and my buddy against the 2 of them and when our turn came he tried to draw the item he got on the card but it might as well have been a blind person drawing it, it was fucking terrible and didn't look like anything, but all of a sudden "bullet proof vest" popped into my head, I just knew that's what it was. The drawing was so bad that when I said bullet proof vest everyone was in shock, the drawing could have been a giraffe with 3 dicks for all we knew looking at it. It was weird, I can't even imagine what a dmt trip would be like, going to different dimensions and shit.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:12 pm 

Star_Above wrote:
There's defenitly something to hallucinogens and opening up the mind, psychic energy etc...
Yeah DMT would be really cool, you have to be careful to not blur the line between what is good material and what is not though. Like when the main character in Inception starts creating dreams all the time. You can go to crazy town for real lol.

I don't do drugs or drink really at all anymore but I remember this one time when I was 18. Hit the bong, and I felt my mind expanding beyond the point I could hold onto anything like I was floating away....but I didn't want to.

It was like everything in my mind was fabric normally but then it was like everything was zoomed in and I could see all the connections for everything...even words. I was listening to music and holding on the words so I would have a sense of self.

But that didn't work so good so I laid down on my bed and was trying to hold onto the word blanket eventually I was saying the word and then panicked because I couldn't remember what a blanket was lol.

At the peak of it, me as I know myself didn't exist. Felt like I was gonna wake up with no mind. Then I felt this thing, be like pissed with me...it was thinking ffs. Felt like my mind got reset.

Another one, I was 3 you know how beavers make those wood chips when they chew down trees? I was collecting them. Got greedy about one sitting on the ledge of the bank, slipped fell into about 12 feet of water (unable to swim) and felt something pull me out and put me on the shore.

I have several stories like that, but really don't have much I can do with them. Like from personal experience you can be like yeah, obv something is there but I have no solid solid evidence. Or even anyway to explore it myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:46 pm 

Robert Monroe's books 'Far Journeys' and 'Ultimate Journey' had similar stuff and might be interesting to some of you guys. Although his binaural beats stuff didn't do much for me, the books are worth a read.

Tom Campbell has a related psi uncertainty principle which is also interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:24 pm 

Star_Above wrote:
a giraffe with 3 dicks...
Now that would bring in the money at a Zoo!

Altair, neat experiences, especially the last one where you almost DROWNED!
This is why I enjoy smoking...
Altair wrote:
Hit the bong, and I felt my mind expanding beyond the point I could hold onto anything like I was floating away....but I didn't want to.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:52 pm 

Star_Above wrote:
The drawing was so bad that when I said bullet proof vest everyone was in shock, the drawing could have been a giraffe with 3 dicks for all we knew looking at it.
Did it look like this ?
[ img ]

Rofl I couldn't help myself :lol:
Also, was it bulletproof vest ? I fail to see if you confirmed your sudden enlightenment on the subject