Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:52 am 
Hey guys....especially ManniJa who's a professional.

I started this thread to ask advice about fitness programs. If you know any good books, dvd programs or anything about working out efficiently please share them. Somebody recommended me "Body For Life". What do you think?

Also...some books on GENUINELY GETTING CLOSE TO A 6PACK would be really cool...

Please only share stuff that you have found useful and you have seen results after applying the content...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:38 pm 

I ordered this (after someone recommended this to me) :

http://www.15minutehell.com/

I will report back with conclusions. Anyway I would recommend you find a program in which the exercises are with body weight and not those that require you to go to the gym and life weights, it's very unnatural for the body to work with isolating muscle groups, and I read in some places it can even be less effective.

Also nutrition is super important, in order to get a six pack you must lose fat and burn more calories than you eat. Dietary fibers are very helpful with this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:51 am 

http://www.rosstraining.com/nevergymless.html

I bought this book a while back. I'm not big on lifting weights, so a majority of my workouts are bodyweight. It's the most complete book on bodyweight fitness I've ever seen. No gimmicks, just hard work and this dude practices what he preaches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9hk9z1YVcE

Thats an example of some of the stuff he does. I don't workout nearly as hard as him though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:09 am 
@freespirit - what results did you get by following that program ? (rosstraining)

Guys, please write the name of the program, the author, what experiences have you had with it... how much and in what time period have you grown/improved from it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:27 pm 

Well my primary focus was never looks. I mostly trained for strength and cardiovascular endurance so I didn't really bulk up. My overall fitness level definitely went up. I don't have a lot of fat to begin with, so I didn't really lose any weight. The ONLY way to get a really ripped six pack like they show on TV is just to watch what you eat and maintain a healthy diet, so its a lot of work. Theres a saying that goes abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym.

Anyway I recommended rosstraining because theres no gimmicks, its not a magic pill, it takes a shit load of hard work, but thats the only workout that's ever worth doing in my opinion. It's all about commitment, if you aren't committed enough you won't see results. A guy could get ripped on situps and pushups alone just by commitment while another guy looks for the next big gimmick and half asses everything.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:59 am 

I guess IulianC got canned but the best fitness program is the one you enjoy that you will do for the long term.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."