Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:15 am

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: FYI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:51 pm
Posts: 1414
I've never really told anything too personal on here, but if any of you guys are new to fitness, want to start exercising and have any workout or diet questions I'm a personal trainer by profession so feel free to hit me up with a pm. Not trying to sell or market anything, just if anyone wanted help for free and didn't want to buy any bullshit books or products, because trust me...there's just as much crap in the fitness industry as there is in the dating communtiy. Just a thought, if needed.

_________________
The honey doesn't chase the bee.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:06 am
Posts: 1169
Location: Foundation/Root
Mannija, I'm Skinny as hell. :lol: , I can't get most of the "shakes" and stuff to aid in body building where I'm at. any tips?

_________________
"I'd rather have no bitch than a half a bitch" Iceberg Slim


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:51 pm
Posts: 1414
enelkei wrote:
Mannija, I'm Skinny as hell. :lol: , I can't get most of the "shakes" and stuff to aid in body building where I'm at. any tips?
Man, I hear that so much...the first thing any guy feels he has to do when starting training is to by protein and weight gain powders. You defenitly don't need that shit dude, they're way overpriced, the whey and casein that they use comes from very unhealthy cows (For most companies anyway) and a lot of the ingredients are actually a hidden form of msg which can really mess with your brain....muscle milk is by far the worst, I always use to wonder why I felt really fucked up after drinking it, then I found out why. Not to mention most give you the shits.

Anyway dude, if you're super skinny and want liquid nutrition because you just can't eat enough, whole milk is the way to go.

_________________
The honey doesn't chase the bee.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:10 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:54 am
Posts: 3614
Location: The unknown
what do you think of pills who make you less hungry,enhance metabolism, etc...
I'm on a diet now and I exercise- but it's still hard...

_________________
"a sniper is the worst romancer, he never makes the first move"
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive” \ Robert M. Pirsig


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:51 pm
Posts: 1748
Location: Laniakea Supercluster
Creatine for muscle gaining and training.
Fish and milk work for me.

My weight is anywhere between 88kg and
102kg, depends what time of the year it is.
(183cm/ 6´0ft)

I don´t want to gain all the way up to 102kg
again this year because I also take Cooper´s test
regularily. (3000m-3300m)

_________________
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:51 pm
Posts: 1414
Sniper wrote:
what do you think of pills who make you less hungry,enhance metabolism, etc...
I'm on a diet now and I exercise- but it's still hard...
Sniper, all those pills are bullshit, they mostly just give you a placebo effect. The best tip for weight loss as far as diet is concerned (Because diiet is easily 80% of weight loss) is too eliminate sugar and really decrease your starches. If you could eat 100 grams of carbs or less a day while still eating all the protein and fat you want (Just watch out for cheeses because for some reason the lactose and whey in cheese creates an insulin effect for some reason, nobody knows why though, but eat all the butter and cream, meat, etc you want) your appetite will be greatly reduced. Humans are natural high fat/protein low carb eaters, I eat about 40 grams of carbs a day, a ton of fat and am never hungry, it realy just stabalizes your blood sugar and fat and protein sits in your stomach longer...whereas things like potatoes and bread convert to glucose almost immdeietly. The big thing you're trying to do to lose weight is lower your insulin, when you lower your carbs you lower insulin, which is why you lose weight.

Libertas wrote:
enelkei wrote:
Mannija, I'm Skinny as hell. [...] any tips?
I second that. I can build some muscle mass in about 3 weeks, but in general I still remain skinny. You say one should drink whole milk? I just relized that I am not eating 2000 calories a day, shoudl I like drink a liter of milk in addition to what I normally eat? I do about 20 push-ups and about 10 pull ups and some crunches and shit for the biceps every day...
If you just don't have an appetite then yes you can drink calories, but your workout right now won't stimulate much muscle growth so it's not surprising you don't have a big appetite, if you were training right you would be hungry and eat more then 2000 calories, trust me.

_________________
The honey doesn't chase the bee.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:51 pm
Posts: 1414
By the way, Alchemist...I think you have your settings set so you can't revieve pm's or something because I tried to reply to you but it wouldn't allow me.

_________________
The honey doesn't chase the bee.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:51 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:08 pm
Posts: 3019
Location: UK
Nice offer ManniJa :)

_________________
In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:09 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:18 am
Posts: 1611
Hey ManniJa, Im in a habit of lowering the sugar intake, because I want to loose weight, started In January 22th now to the 21th of April, my goal is 65 Lbs of weight. (I gave more date in my introduction to the forum)

The past habit I had was that most of the day I drank so much soda, but now I changed to purified water, that's all.
In the course of the day I'm eating like 4 of 5 slices of bread, Im drinking most of the time water, and perhaps once a week 355 ml of lipton tea, with 1 teaspoon of this sugar, the question is: This intake of sugar will be detrimental to my weight loss?

I've lost 10 pounds the first week, and I was very excited. Will this consumption of sugar (as minimal a week, as I see) delay my weight loss? . I mentioned this because when I went to train boxing I feel very fatigated at round 6 (training not fighting) and I conclude this was because my sugar levels dropped so much, because I sweat like I am in a sauna I sweat sooo much, some people say it's good, that my metabolism is perfect and blah blah bla, the question is the sugar has some impact on my performance of boxing?, that day I went to train I didn't eat a thing of sugar (refined as I know sugars).

Should I change for oranges, bannana or some natural fruit?

I just don't know, and I want you to clarify me this 2 questions.

_________________
GMST
:ugeek:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:51 pm
Posts: 1414
peregrinus wrote:
Nice offer ManniJa :)
Thanks grinus, just doing my part man :)

Dali wrote:
Hey ManniJa, Im in a habit of lowering the sugar intake, because I want to loose weight, started In January 22th now to the 21th of April, my goal is 65 Lbs of weight. (I gave more date in my introduction to the forum)

The past habit I had was that most of the day I drank so much soda, but now I changed to purified water, that's all.
In the course of the day I'm eating like 4 of 5 slices of bread, Im drinking most of the time water, and perhaps once a week 355 ml of lipton tea, with 1 teaspoon of this sugar, the question is: This intake of sugar will be detrimental to my weight loss?

I've lost 10 pounds the first week, and I was very excited. Will this consumption of sugar (as minimal a week, as I see) delay my weight loss? . I mentioned this because when I went to train boxing I feel very fatigated at round 6 (training not fighting) and I conclude this was because my sugar levels dropped so much, because I sweat like I am in a sauna I sweat sooo much, some people say it's good, that my metabolism is perfect and blah blah bla, the question is the sugar has some impact on my performance of boxing?, that day I went to train I didn't eat a thing of sugar (refined as I know sugars).

Should I change for oranges, bannana or some natural fruit?

I just don't know, and I want you to clarify me this 2 questions.

Ok, yes I suggest removing all sources of refined sugar, eating pure glucose does nothing for health and really nothing for performance. The reason you were tired during training is because your body is still cosidered a "Sugar burner, or glucose burner".

If you were to lower your carbs so that your body could make fat it's prefered source of fuel you would rarely get tired and in roughly 3 weeks become a fat burner. It's like kids, their parents feed them sugary snacks and wonder why they need a fix every 20 minutes, when you eat sugar you get a rise in blood sugar, then a huge drop, so you need more sugar, it's a vicious cycle.

I'm not sure if you know the food counts for the food you eat, like how many grams of carbs are in what, but I suggest you start learning. Don't worry about counting protein or fat, eat up...just count carbs, and never go over 100 grams a day again, NOBODY needs more then 100 grams a day, and many would do better on 50.

I'm actually not a fan of oranges and bananas either becasue they're tropical fruits and contain a lot of sugar (Fructose yes, but still a lot)...modern fruits are not like the fruits of the Stone age we were meant to eat, they have been altered by modern growers to be bigger ad sweeter, I always advise people to stick to berries for their fruit consumption...but if you MUST eat bananas and other big fruits, just take it easy, no more then 1 a day.

Congrats on your current weight loss though man, keep up the good work!

_________________
The honey doesn't chase the bee.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:22 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:54 am
Posts: 3614
Location: The unknown
thanks very much ManniJa, I really appreciate your help on this.

_________________
"a sniper is the worst romancer, he never makes the first move"
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive” \ Robert M. Pirsig


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:51 pm
Posts: 1748
Location: Laniakea Supercluster
Yes, good stuff. And when on a diet, one doesn´t have to
go straight from eating crap to eating healthy, one can
change one thing on the menu at a time, so one can feel
that he can succeed.

Little by little. That way, one feels success every time when
a little change has been made. It develops into a success
habit.

_________________
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:51 pm
Posts: 1414
Jared wrote:
Yes, good stuff. And when on a diet, one doesn´t have to
go straight from eating crap to eating healthy, one can
change one thing on the menu at a time, so one can feel
that he can succeed.

Little by little. That way, one feels success every time when
a little change has been made. It develops into a success
habit.
Fantastic post Jared! That's actually what I advise, they have to be lifelong changes and you can't do everything at once, it won't work...so just make one small change a week. The first week maybe swtich from regular pop to diet pop, the next week to crystal light, the next week to water with lemon/lime wedges...etc

_________________
The honey doesn't chase the bee.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:42 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:18 am
Posts: 1611
Well I did that because I can, I have a strong will, or whatever you want to call it. :D

Same with smoking I didn't went to 20 cigarettes to lower to 10 then 5 then 1, and then no smoking. No I just cut it for once, and for real. The subconscious of Dali didn't like this a bit, kept dreaming smoking and when I wake up I feel betrayed by myself, only to conclude it was a dream (to assure this, I always smell my fingers when wake up)

Oh and thanks for the tips ManniJa.

_________________
GMST
:ugeek:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:25 pm
Posts: 768
Location: Behind my laptop.
Mighty ManniJa, in thy knowledge, how does a tiny 126lbs man like myself gain weight and muscle do you know?

_________________
Don't be sexist, bitches hate that.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:51 pm
Posts: 1414
Aztecsfinest wrote:
Mighty ManniJa, in thy knowledge, how does a tiny 126lbs man like myself gain weight and muscle do you know?
First it depends on your genetics, metabolism, etc.. I'd have to know more about you, but the short answer is to eat a lot of good food (Which if you are training right you will have a big apetite), then do little else but lift, I always prefer mixing strength and hypertrophy in the same workouts so your beginning sets would be heavy low rep while the latter would be lighter higher rep...and as many sets as you can handle. For a split or more info holla at me if yo're intrested.

_________________
The honey doesn't chase the bee.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:04 am
Posts: 465
Location: Amurrka
Hey man. I lift regularly (three times a week intensely) and I diet. So far, I've lost a noticeable amount of body fat but I'm making a minimal amount of progress in terms of muscle gain. I'm 6' 2'' at about 280 lbs. I do light aerobic activity on the off days. How much protein should I be taking in each day to gain muscle mass?

_________________
“I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. . . ."

-Thoreau's Walden


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:51 pm
Posts: 1414
Pretty much the standard is 1 gram per pound of lean bodyweight...having said that I wouldn't worry about it, I remember I use to obsess over that when I first got into training because of the supplement company brainwashing...but just eat a lot of meat, eggs and high quality dairy and you'll be getting enough, no doubt.

_________________
The honey doesn't chase the bee.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: 

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited