Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 7:55 pm 

If you guys have any suggestions and ideas about side hustles and ways to improve our finances I'm interested to hear them. It's 2021, google have many information about this but I wanted to hear from real people and their experiences.

What do you think is going to be useful in the future?
Any business ideas?
Any business that you do, how did you started etc .

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 4:16 pm 

Quote:
Of all the loaded words in Stoic philosophy, “indifferent” is one of the most provocative. Marcus Aurelius, Seneca, and Epictetus each tell us that the Stoic is indifferent to external things, indifferent to wealth, indifferent to pain, indifferent to winning, indifferent to hope and dreams and everything else. You hear it enough times and it starts to sound like these people don’t care about anything. Especially since the modern definition of the word means precisely that. But this is a dangerous misreading.

The Stoics were not indifferent in that sense at all, it’s that they were good either way. It’s not that they didn’t care, it’s that they were good either way. Does that make sense? The point was to be strong enough that there wasn’t a need to need things to go in a particular direction. Seneca for his part would say that obviously it’s better to be rich than poor, tall than short, but the Stoic was indifferent when fate actually dealt out its hand on the matter. Because the Stoic was strong enough to make good of it—whatever it was.
Obvious implications elsewhere.

There are lots of routes. IMO you can't really compete with people who do it out of passion if your only goal is $.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 5:29 pm 

Moltisanti wrote: *
If you guys have any suggestions and ideas about side hustles and ways to improve our finances I'm interested to hear them. It's 2021, google have many information about this but I wanted to hear from real people and their experiences.

What do you think is going to be useful in the future?
Any business ideas?
Any business that you do, how did you started etc .
Buy physical silver, go to the US Debt Clock and see how much $$ has been printed in just the last year in the US compared to one ounce of silver mined worldwide.

The Louisiana Purchase using the historical gold to silver bi-metallic standard of 15.5 to one works out to 45 acres of land per troy oz silver.

Silver is the bank killer, there's a reddit group that banded together to pull off with gamestop did earlier this year.

Get what you can into your own possession today would be my advice. No paper silver, no third parties.

The greatest wealth transfer in the history of humanity is coming :ugeek: .

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 11:19 pm 
Site Admin

why do you want more money?

What will having more money give you?
What will it enable you to do that you currently cannot?

Transitory or steady repeating?
How much roughly, with above question? lower limit? constraints?
What are you willing to trade for that money in time, skills, investment, freedom wise?

What passions/interests do you have?
What skills do you have?
How could they be applied, to convert your time to money?

Have you spotted any gaps/holes in the local markets/community, that could be stepped into that interest you?

How would you utilise that money to change things, in what way, what would they enable as a ripple effect...

[no need to answer here, this is for you]

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 11:46 am 

Time for me to do some work then, thanks y'all there are many benefits from your answers.

I'll get back soon.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 3:14 pm 

To a certain point money is freedom. It's the freedom to not need to work for anyone.

Without inner work it will magnify your flaws. That's why so many lottery winners go broke very quickly.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 7:50 pm 

peregrinus wrote: *
why do you want more money?

What will having more money give you?
What will it enable you to do that you currently cannot?

Transitory or steady repeating?
How much roughly, with above question? lower limit? constraints?
What are you willing to trade for that money in time, skills, investment, freedom wise?

What passions/interests do you have?
What skills do you have?
How could they be applied, to convert your time to money?

Have you spotted any gaps/holes in the local markets/community, that could be stepped into that interest you?

How would you utilise that money to change things, in what way, what would they enable as a ripple effect...

[no need to answer here, this is for you]
+1.
Really useful questions and well put.
Always start with why :D

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:37 am 

Quote:
If you want to earn income as a contributor, you must contribute social value, not personal value. Many would-be contributors get stuck on this concept. Personal value is whatever you say it is — you’re free to decide what has value to you personally, and it doesn’t matter if no one agrees with you. Social value, however, is assigned by social consensus. If you believe your work has tremendous value, but virtually no one else does, then your work has high personal value but little or no social value.

Here’s the key point:
your income depends on the social value of your work, not the personal value.

---StevePavlina

https://stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/12/m ... nsciously/

Do what you like, you'll stay motivated doing it
Do what solves a problem for as many people as possible, and
Let people know your solution exists
Bill'em

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 1:05 pm 

Agree about the passion, I believe it is the key. Back in 2015 I was running digital record label and I enjoyed it. I shut it down by the end of 2017 and sold all of my equipment and I regret it, making music is something that I would like to do again and it is an option. The guy I know is doing cooking in the nature and his YouTube channel is going well, he is really passionate about it and it is nice to see when things develop like that.

Silver is something that I'm hearing about for a while now and it is something that I am interested in. Also I like to follow stocks and currencies but that is just for the fun, I believe it's a game for big sharks and their circle. Crypto is something that I have my mind on as well, few of my friends and I have some small investments and we are doing mining of few new cryptos with potential to blow.

Improving my income and having a bit more cash would helped me to finish some work that I started around the house and having steady big income would mean less stress about usual life expenses and potential to move from my workplace.

Maybe the title was a bit misleading. One of the things I like to talk about are different business and ideas that's why I asked, it is not really about getting millions but maybe some side income. There is an energy I would love to direct to some side hustle but reading the comments I discovered that even if I don't have that side income it is ok. Somehow I always have this need to do more to fill out my schedule and one of the things that I'm working on for a while is to learn to just relax and don't feel guilty about it.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 1:02 am 

I'm expecting cryptos to go down in relation to metals. Dead things go in the crypt and the O is for Osiris.

I think there is just a lot of funds funneling into them right now because they are not suppressed by TPTB like gold and silver are.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

https://ukpersonal.finance/flowchart/

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 5:26 pm 

Good stuff, thank you.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

Moltisanti wrote: *
Good stuff, thank you.
Nice, just what I was looking for.
I have a debt for 4K GBP (not in GBPs it's equivalent but since is in UK) that I need to solve this year, even though I have 'till 2025
But who wants to live forever?