Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:33 am 

Ok bitches, one of the best ways to get in shape is to compete somehow, it's a real motivator. I've decided to do a competition in Hamilton called the UFE Halloween Mayhem in the fitness model category...think men's health cover body instead of bodybuilding...you basically wear board shorts onstage intead of a pink thing...lol It's exactly 32 weeks from tomorrow which gives me plenty of time, and I'm planning on going in at 170 Lbs and 6% bodyfat (I'm 5'10").

So make some goals, summer and beach season is soon upon us!

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:24 pm 

Mannija, I'm 5'6", Skinny. I've started drinking whole milk like you instructed. I don't have any weights where I'm at and the closest gym is out reach. I want to make a goal as to add a little muscle to my small frame, what are some pointers you can give?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:30 pm 

I'm steadily improving but I definitely want to have some more muscle on me by the time summer hits, what I find lacking sometimes is physical strength, I can usually manage my routine though, would you guys have any recommendations for a diet which supplies a decent level of energy?

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

enelkei wrote:
Mannija, I'm 5'6", Skinny. I've started drinking whole milk like you instructed. I don't have any weights where I'm at and the closest gym is out reach. I want to make a goal as to add a little muscle to my small frame, what are some pointers you can give?
Look up 'prison workout' on the net.

No equipment, little space and pure body weight.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:39 am 
I've been going to the gym for about a month and last week I started Abercrombie fitness phase one. The website is free and I like having directions. I should be well into phase two by summer. I've never done much weight training so this is uncharted territory. I'm 5'10 170 but I'm also about 18% body fat. I'd like to get down to 160 while gaining some muscle. So that's what I'm shooting for.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:22 pm 

Prison Workout is so awesome. Also Covict Conditioning is an ebook you have to pay for but tells you how to systematically go about achieving super hard body weight feats like one arm push ups.

My shoulders finally started developing nicely when I started incorporating handstand pushups into my workouts.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:41 am 

I'm also doing Convict Conditioning, seems good so far

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:13 pm 

Check out 'You are your own gym'
It´s a book with 125 exercices ánd explanations of em, no gym needed.

http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Your-Own- ... 0971407614

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:01 pm 

Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe is simple and one of the best programmes for beginners to put some mass.

For those of you who prefer bodyweight exercises, Ross Enamait is your man. Never Gymless is the best book I have seen on this so far and you can check out his website to see what this guy can do which is very impressive.

http://rosstraining.com/blog/

Truth is you will see results if you have a good diet and are consistent with working out and resting appropriately.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:48 am 

I´ll be adding 5kg/ 11 lbs muscle this year,
already started month ago again after a long
break. I´m getting the creatine when I hit
3 month mark. I´m already in excellent shape.
Creatine usually brought good results on top of
my previous training routine (+2kg / 4,4 lbs,
extra 2-4 reps)

Back in 2005 I was 102kg/224lbs and on a
bodybuilding program that facilitated 130kg / 285lbs
benchpress. (With shitty or no real press technique)

Gotz work to do! Hitting that 90kg / 198 lbs
body weigh in 6-9 months (Ideally keeping the
fatz low, too.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:52 pm 

Prodigy wrote:
Look at Olympic Gymnasts and those dudes on Cirque de Solei and you will realise that you don't need heavy weights to gain strength or size, just stuff to climb on/up etc. I'd also research Strength/Speed training.

My fitness goals are to gain strength - Increase the number of Pull ups I can do to 20, and then start doing weighted ones. Also to master: HSPU's, Planches and Levers.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:44 am 

I started lifting heavy again. Best way for me to cut and gain muscle - may sound strange but that's how my body reacts. Lost 8 kg last month, now it stopped but I am still losing fat. I'm 1,71m 77kg. Goal is to get to 84-85 kg.

I was born the son of evil when I fuck the devil there!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:05 am 

Check out dangerouslyhardcore.com and body by science (or any other high intensity training workouts) on amazon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:06 am 

mr.blueyes wrote:
Check out dangerouslyhardcore.com and body by science (or any other high intensity training workouts) on amazon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:44 am 

Morning measurements, yesterday 31.7.2013

Height 184cm
Weight 85kg
Waist 80cm

Fat 8,5%

Using Lee Haney program, and regular Cooper´s Test.
Last winter bicycled 2,700 km (6-7months)

I should ramrod some food down, as 12% fat is better
for faster growth. Eating is hard.

Still not using creatine, establishing a firm habit first.

Fletcher!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHiKDa4ip_Q

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:23 am 
Get'em and read'em!

[ img ]

[ img ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:23 pm 

Just came back from the gym, went there for the first time since a week when I had 40 C fever for like 4-5 days. Strengh went out of the window, body mass 6kg less:/

I was born the son of evil when I fuck the devil there!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:52 pm 
Star_Above wrote:
Ok bitches, one of the best ways to get in shape is to compete somehow, it's a real motivator. I've decided to do a competition in Hamilton called the UFE Halloween Mayhem in the fitness model category...think men's health cover body instead of bodybuilding...you basically wear board shorts onstage intead of a pink thing...lol It's exactly 32 weeks from tomorrow which gives me plenty of time, and I'm planning on going in at 170 Lbs and 6% bodyfat (I'm 5'10").

Congrats on taking on the task my man! PLEASE keep us updated on the progress!

What is you diet and workout routine so far?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:00 pm 

The lesser Evil wrote:
Star_Above wrote:

The topic was posted 2011 ;)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:15 am 
Merrick wrote:
The lesser Evil wrote:
Star_Above wrote:

The topic was posted 2011 ;)
How'd it turnout?