Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Omega 6 and 3
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:05 am 
I was following up on an article that Meraki posted that dealt with gut flora and mental illness. It seems that probiotic intake can regulate a healthy mind.

I also recall that Pokemon Trainer had a significant mood increase when he switched to the vegan lifestyle. While I don't think it is necessary to remove meat completely from your diet I think there is something to be said for what he was consuming. He had to be taking in more Omega 6 and 3.

His goal was to lose weight. It also seems like his whole food eating habit had plenty of prebiotics in the diet too.

@ Zogler or Grinus:

Do you buy the argument that Omega 6 and 3 can lead to healthier mind? I know that you read a lot Grinus so you would definitely have an opinion on this.

Best,

Slim

Post subject: Re: Omega 6 and 3
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:32 pm 

http://chriskresser.com/how-too-much-om ... ng-us-sick

And don't believe what people say, believe what they do. If you want to look/run like a sprinter, try eating and training like a sprinter. If you want to think/react like a poet, chess player, or pro-gamer/fighter pilot, etc. It really isn't rocket science, and much of the time it is just iterating and paying attention to yourself. So why not try veganism and see how it feels for you? Why are you asking for answers to questions when the answer is inside of yourself (literally) and will really only be known to you? Science and other people's experiences are only jumping off points, not the end of the road.

Post subject: Re: Omega 6 and 3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:59 am 

The human body is capable of producing all the fatty acids it needs, except for two: linoleic acid (LA), an omega-6 fatty acid, and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), an omega-3 fatty acid. These have to be consumed from the diet and are therefore termed “essential fatty acids.Thanks