Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Vegan Master Race
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:43 pm 

I became a vegan on November 27th of last year (happy new year, folks). I not only stopped eating meat and animal products, I also stopped eating foods with artificial ingredients for the most part. I try to stay under 40 grams of sugar, 2500 grams of sodium, and 2000 calories per day.

The results of this change were staggering.

I am 6'2'' and I was roughly 295 lbs when I started out, and as of this morning I am 264.6 lbs. That's a about a pound lost each day!

I've noticed other changes:

More energy

Clearer, healthier skin as well as a massive reduction in zits

Healthier hair

Clearer thinking

Significantly improved mood

Improved sense of taste and smell

I originally wanted to go raw vegan, but that was too much of a challenge for me because it's really hard to eat 1800 or so calories worth the fruit and veggies each day. The first week I perhaps made it to 800-1200 calories each day. Because I was eating all the time, I never felt hungry, but I felt the energy drain anyway because I was lacking the proper calories. So, I decided to take a less extreme approach so I could get the calories I needed without having peas and carrots coming out my ears.

I eat very tasty whole wheat pastas with delicious sauces, along with mixed veggies every day. Dave's Killer Bread (bread made by an ex-con) has no bullshit in it and it makes a good tofurky Italian sausage toasted sandwich and pizza bread. I drink natural sodas from a local Fred Meyer and I also enjoy the occasional glass of horchatta or chocolate soy milk. I also make a great vegan pizza with tofurky pepperoni, which is bloody amazing. I'm slowly growing a list of my own personal recipes, and I'm starting to get better at cooking.

A great snack is homemade popcorn with Tapatio sauce. Really helped me through some rough patches in the beginning.

The downside about being vegan it is often really hard to eat out or have dinner at a friend's house. Being vegan is almost like being disabled... You can't go some places and people treat you a bit differently... Hard to explain.

Still, even though I'm a dirty hippie now, I wouldn't change anything. I can't ignore the truth about the shit I used to put in my body anymore. It was poisoning me.

If anyone knows any good vegan resources for recipes or whatever else, please let me know. I'm thirsty for vegan knowledge.

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. . . ."

-Thoreau's Walden

Post subject: Re: Vegan Master Race
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:22 pm 

Respect

I actually see you going raw vegan naturally in time

It is challening as fuck.. But the benefits are almost unreal - About 5-7 days when I'm on pure raw food, my bronchial asthma disappears (among other things) but I'm weak at disciplining myself in regards of food :lol:

Recipes ? Throw shit in a blender -> smoothie :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:50 am 

fufe wrote:
Recipes ? Throw shit in a blender -> smoothie :lol:
:lol: Noice.

I also wanted to add that my bowl movements are regular for the first time in about a decade. That is, I poop every day. Even twice a day on occasion.

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. . . ."

-Thoreau's Walden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:53 pm 

Weight as of this morning: 251 lbs. A little less than a pound every two days. I'm down to the 7th and last notch on my belt.

My rate of weight loss went down, but that's to be expected. Hoping to get into the 240's by the end of next week.

I was having a lot of trouble getting below 260, but I realized that I was taking in more sugar than I should be. I dropped a couple more pounds, but weight loss stopped again.

Soon after that, I got really, really sick. I got some hellish stomach virus which resulted in, shall we say, an involuntary cleansing of my bowels and stomach. After I recovered, I discovered that I had finally gotten below 260.

Feels good.

-Thoreau's Walden

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:19 am 

spaceman wrote:
Nice man! Congrats on committing to your health.

Might I suggest juicing?
I went on a juice fast for about 40 days a few months ago and felt great. You don't have to take it to that extreme though. A glass in the morning and I notice a huge difference in my overall energy throughout the day. Also you can add coconut oil to your diet for extra sustainable energy.

You can juice carrot, apple, and leafy greens. Doesn't sound too appetizing but is quite delicious. There are also many recipes and books. I don't recommend juicing too many fruits since sugar will cause an imbalance in your blood glucose levels.
Yeah, I originally wanted to do a juice fast a la Sick, Fat and Nearly Dead, but it's too damn expensive for me right now. I don't have a proper juicer, either.

I'll take note of the coconut oil thing though. Thanks!

-Thoreau's Walden

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:20 pm 

I second the green juices stuff, I have specifically modified recipe for your pokemon training needs, as follows:
Throw green shit in juicer + Add apples and/or carrot = Green juice.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:52 pm 

fufe wrote:
I second the green juices stuff, I have specifically modified recipe for your pokemon training needs, as follows:
Throw green shit in juicer + Add apples and/or carrot = Green juice.

:mrgreen:

I totally want to juice, but I just can't buy a juicer right now. Moving to Korea is going to be expensive and I need every dime I can get :(

-Thoreau's Walden