Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Testosterone
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Stories of people getting more testosterone and coming to regret it. And of people losing it and coming to appreciate life without it. The pros and cons of the hormone of desire.
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-a ... stosterone

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

Post subject: Re: Testosterone
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:49 am 

Download link

5 minutes through it, sounds nice thanks

Damn I must have one low level of testosterone :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:36 pm 

I'm about 30 minutes in. It's very interesting. The men in the prologue seem to be ashamed of their masculinity and desire.

On the other hand, being without testosterone, and living a life without desire, sounds like Buddhist enlightenment/contentment.

"It doesn't matter if you have nothing, if you want nothing."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:09 am 
Site Admin

I think there's definitely a correlation between the "so called enlightenment" and a lack of some neurotransmiters in the brain.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:54 pm 

Sociopathy :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:25 pm 
It's funny that all the men are super low in testosterone and sound homosexual.

Earlier they said 300-1000 nanograms are normal for men.

The highest person in the male group had 144 nanograms.

hmmmmmm.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:51 am 

Testosterone is very important and easy to maintain. It's bending it to your will and not letting it bend you when it's high is the hard part :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:50 am 

Very curious. Either testosterone is the hormone of desire or it is not. Did you guys all change your beliefs on it from last year to this year?

Relevant? Choice blindness: http://www.nature.com/news/magic-trick- ... ls-1.12778

Transcript of the show: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-a ... transcript

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:03 am 

mr.blueyes wrote:
Testosterone is very important and easy to maintain. It's bending it to your will and not letting it bend you when it's high is the hard part :lol:
Totally agree. I have testosterone levels 15-20% higher than the norm for my age, I tested it few times and my doctor even told me (he though it was funny) that I will not die of natural causes but sooner or later someone will kill me. He was referring to the statistics that show that men like that are more prone to engaging in risky situations.
Benefits:
-it is much easier to build mass
-there's more 'drive' to achieve your goals
-I don't know how but women notice it
-you don't sound like those queer boys from the links
Drawbacks :
-what my doc has said
-if you train something prepare yourself for being accused and tested for illegal doping
-sometimes it is really hard to concentrate
-if not controlled, it might turn one into a pussy chaser
-it makes you aggressive and easy to lose your temper (thanks for getting me in line Kidd;-))
-balding

The best thing for me that helped me to minimize most of the mentioned disadvantages is meditation. I recognize now when I 'm getting this ' hormone high' and most often get myself in line. Would I like it to be lower? Never. My doctor said that he was expecting this results just after looking how my skeleton and bones are built. And since it changes your behaviour to behave 'more manly' i like it. The key to getting best of it lays in having control over yourself (as with most things in life ;))

I was born the son of evil when I fuck the devil there!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:38 am 

Men long ago had an average of double what the average is today. :o They learned to not only survive but thrive with it. A good book to read that hits the nail on the head is Venus on fire, mars on ice by John Gray.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:05 am 

Sparks wrote:
I'm about 30 minutes in. It's very interesting. The men in the prologue seem to be ashamed of their masculinity and desire.

On the other hand, being without testosterone, and living a life without desire, sounds like Buddhist enlightenment/contentment.

"It doesn't matter if you have nothing, if you want nothing."
The difference there is that someone who is enlightened is that way despite having a mind/ego which is fully capable of desire. They just do not identify with it. Think of the notion of courage. Who is more courageous, the fearless, battle-hardened warrior who has slayed dozens of bad guys or the layman, never having dealt with conflict in their life, but still facing adversity head on?