Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Convict Conditioning.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:09 am 

Really good book. Talks a lot about how to gain functional strength and train your body a whole unit, be stronger than weightlifters and preserve your joints etc.
Quote:
The average gym junkie today is all about appearance, not ability. Flash, not function. These
men may have big, artificially pumped up limbs, but all that the size is in the muscle tissue; their
tendons and joints are weak . Ask the average muscleman to do a deep one-leg squat-ass-to-floorstyle-
and his knee ligaments would probably snap in two. What strength most bodybuilders do
have, they cannot use in a coordinated way; if you asked them to walk on their hands they'd fall
flat on their faces.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry when see the current generation of men duped into handing
over a fortune in overpriced gym memberships and for weights and other exercise gadgets, all
in the hope of becoming strong and powerful. I want to laugh because I admire the con trick for
what it is-a perfect grift. The fitness industry has duped the whole world into thinking it can't get
by without all this equipment; equipment it then sells to the mark, or rents out at exorbitant prices
(in the case of gym membership). I want to cry because it's a tragedy; the average modern
trainee-who is not on steroids-makes little gain in size from year to year, and even less progress
in true athletic ability.
To become hugely powerful, you don't need weights, cables, fancy machines, or any other crap
that the industry or the informercials are brainwashing you into thinking you can't do without.
You can gain Herculean strength-genuine brawn and vitality-with no special equipment at all.
But to unlock this power-the power of your own body-you need to know how. You need the
right method, the art.
Such a method does in fact exist. It's based on traditional, ancient forms of training, techniques
which are as old as training itself. This method has evolved by trial-and-error over the centuries,
and has proved its superior ability to transform flimsy men into steel-forged warriors time and
time again. This method is progressive calisthenics-the art of using the human body to maximize
its own development. Calisthenics today is seen as a method of aerobics, circuit training ormuscle
endurance. It isn't taken seriously. But in the past-before the second half of the twentieth century-
all of the world's strongest athletes earned the bulk of their power through performing calisthenics
progressively-to become stronger and stronger, day by day, week by week, year after year
http://www.amazon.ca/Convict-Conditioni ... 0938045768

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:25 am 
Site Admin

I'm applying this concepts in the gym, neat stuff.

Very useful for a boxing practicioner who doesn't want to be buffest buff, just agile and strong.
Sometimes I use machines, but it's rare.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:43 am 

I agree, I'm sure you would put on some muscle weight though.

Really fits in well with my goals though, be really strong, lean and put on another 15-20 pounds I want to be like 210.

The fact that it preserves your body whereas heavy weights are really bad for everything is the most important part.

You box? That's sweet regular boxing or do you mix kickboxing in there too?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:09 am 

Pdf link:

http://www.2shared.com/complete/jBIiaM7 ... ul_Wa.html

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:00 am 

Morpheus wrote:
The fact that it preserves your body whereas heavy weights are really bad for everything is the most important part.
Everything has its place, even Bruce Lee used free weights to increase his overload (maximal strength) but he was intelligent to use that muscle in a functional way, outside of the weight room and in his martial arts. :ugeek:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Expressin ... =bruce+lee

Its a good read

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:10 am 
Site Admin

Morpheus wrote:
I agree, I'm sure you would put on some muscle weight though.

Really fits in well with my goals though, be really strong, lean and put on another 15-20 pounds I want to be like 210.

You box? That's sweet regular boxing or do you mix kickboxing in there too?
Yes I box.

Sorta liked the muai thai shit and practiced a bit, but then shifted entirely to pure box.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:44 am 

Resonance wrote:

http://hotfile.com/dl/135679511/121a358 ... y.pdf.html

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:23 am 
Site Admin

Alchemist wrote:
Thank you for the Bruce Lee book.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:14 am 

155 mo for a book :o thanks for both links Alchemist ;)

Reading Convict conditionning, looks promising, thanks Morpheus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:26 pm 

This could be great for me, since I'm doing on and off jiu-jitsu and muay thai. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:44 pm 

Np guys, thank the internet. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:09 pm 

Additions to this :

Convict Conditioning 6mb mobi file with colours ;)
Convict Conditioning Volume 2 12.86 mb pdf

Conditioning Charts
SUPER FAQ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:48 pm 

I am really enjoying this book, this is the first book on the subject that makes me want to DO the exercices after reading it :o
So thanks again
[ img ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:33 pm 

Really interesting read. Thank you for the reference.

2-3x a week, 20-30 minutes of calisthenics are all we need as far as resistance training is concerned. With regard to aerobics, 3x a week about 20-30 minutes each are more than enough. Remember that if the intensity is high, the training time could be no more than 10 minutes.

We should engage in the minimal amount of exercise needed to get the health benefits associated with it and not more or else it will turn into a counterproductive obsession.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:52 am 

Np Goldenboy it's a sweet book, glad you are enjoying it :)

I'm already noticing large strength gains

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:51 am 
Site Admin

Morpheus wrote:

If you are in a gym, you would be the envy of the steroid rats.
+ I can kick their ass anytime of the week, anytime they want.

Many fuckers do envy! Haha. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:31 am 

Dali wrote:
Morpheus wrote:

Indeed a lot of their problem though has to do with lack of discipline and diet.
If you wanna kick ass take Krav Maga.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:05 pm 
Site Admin

Morpheus wrote:
Dali wrote:
Morpheus wrote:

Indeed a lot of their problem though has to do with lack of discipline and diet.
If you wanna kick ass take Krav Maga.
A little cocky, but I meant in the sport based sense.
And you are dead on, on discipline and such.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:25 pm 

I read through the book its alright all it did really was give me ideas about how I can approach some exercises with different techniques and little more variety for my workouts. The better one to me is Ross Enamait he has a lot more variety in his manuals and not as rigid or close minded about using different tools or methods and its cheaper than convict conditioning although Paul Wade does have excellent ways to progress in the "Big Six" towards mastering each exercise.

Link for Ross: http://www.rosstraining.com/nevergymless.html

The only drawback with this is you have to wait for the hardcopy to reach your residence 9 and not as thorough with progressive exercises but is an excellent resource.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:57 pm 

I got a system worked out where I can finally begin using this book.

I work 2 weeks on 1 week off at my job which is hard labour. While I'm working I do 15 hour days so I don't work out just really focus on my nutrition and getting 8 hours of sleep.

On my week off I workout and sleep. I quit drinking so my body doesn't have to go through that anymore.

But yeah in terms of gains I'm getting to the harder exercises in the book like step 7 on most of them. I'm 6'1 about 190-195 at 14% body fat. So yeah it's sweet this book is really good.