Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:02 pm 

There are five dvds available on amazon :
link dvd 1 (pushups) : http://www.amazon.com/Convict-Condition ... nditioning

(and free elsewhere too if you look).

Am getting them right now see how it is, but looks really promising.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:20 am 

Been following this program for a while. Definitely have massive increasing in strength, approaching the one arm pushup and can already do pistol squats. I have been focusing a lot on taking long breaks in between sets and the "Trifecta" which is dynamic stretching. Long breaks means you train your nervous system but bulk less. I do enjoy being unassuming, so that is preferable.

I ended up dropping 5 pounds. I'm a lean 195 at 6'1, this guy is the real deal. He is the red pill version of the strength training world. After 7 months or so, I feel so much more agile, and the strength you gain is very functional. Convicting Conditioning 3 is out soon, all about explosive training....fuck yes 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:37 pm 
Altair wrote:
Been following this program for a while. Definitely have massive increasing in strength, approaching the one arm pushup and can already do pistol squats. I have been focusing a lot on taking long breaks in between sets and the "Trifecta" which is dynamic stretching. Long breaks means you train your nervous system but bulk less. I do enjoy being unassuming, so that is preferable.

I ended up dropping 5 pounds. I'm a lean 195 at 6'1, this guy is the real deal. He is the red pill version of the strength training world. After 7 months or so, I feel so much more agile, and the strength you gain is very functional. Convicting Conditioning 3 is out soon, all about explosive training....fuck yes 8-)
No lie, I started this about a year or two ago and then fell off. I could have started at step 5, but I would have been struggling. The only thing that is keeping me from doing this is that I can't get the setup to actually do all of the excercises.

When I was doing this, I was going for lean and strong too. I started at step 1 and multiplied sets or reps by three for the endurance effect.

What were your solutions Altair? I'm specifically talking about for the pullups, situps, etc. I doubt most homes are standard equipped for all the workouts.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:01 pm 

The workouts are in the back. Start with Vetrano, 2 sets of whatever exercise 6 days a week.

Keep a log of your reps from worksets, your body adapts at a rate of less than %1 per workout you really need to keep track from workout to workout. Figure out which exercises you can meet the beginner standard in. And go easy for a few weeks so your tendons and soft tissues get used it working out then go hard.

Place more focus on banking strength slowly so you can move through the harder steps easier. It depends on how good of shape you are to start I started at Step 5 for pretty much everything. But like I have spent 5 months on full bridges and handstands and about that long on close grip chin-ups.

Focus on strength of you can do more than 10 perfect reps of an excercise it's too easy. Low reps train your nervous system and mid range reps 5-10 or so hit the muscles.

Without a journel you make failure certain.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:06 pm 

Also funny you should mention the lack of equipment. I don't have a chin-up bar so I use a tree branch in the backyard. It's getting a little chilly lol. Winter will suck but no pain no gain. Just be creative, I'm sure there is monkey bars at a park you could use or something.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:03 pm 

Altair wrote:
He is the red pill version of the strength training world.
Yeah, I think that's why he resonates with so many of us.

@ Slim:
Google: Door Gym

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:28 pm 

You can get away with that for chin-ups and grip work but you really need something taller for leg raises where your feet don't touch the floor.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:01 am 
It's not just the pullups. The abdominal work and another exercise I think too.

I will use the Veterano program, but I'm going to start from step 1 like I did before because it's fun and brutal if you do it right.

When I started with step 1 training, I literally couldn't gain weight. My metabolism was up, and I was loosing weight like a madman. I was also eating like a madman too. However, I made some alterations and increased the reps or work sets.

I trained until I was at the progression standard easily and then moved on. I also did keep a journal. The journal is critical to knowing how you should manipulate the program.

The books are in my possession again. I'll find a solution to the equipment for the exercises. Then I will start busting my ass.

I'll look into a cheap gym membership. I may be able to find a boxing class again too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:46 am 

I don't wanna jack my metabolism up lol, it's high enough.

It's definitely not a waste of time to start at step one.

You need a bar for pullups, leg raises, and grip work. Also for if you do variations of those exercises, you need a ball as well for some of the pushups and squats.

I skipped uneven squats they made me mad lol. Kept falling over.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:03 pm 

Aha. I was going to hang up a rod in my backyard (since the door gym didn't fit my door), but now I guess I'll have to sturdy it up for the leg raises.

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:28 pm 

Or just find a park with some bars. In case of rain or snow, your workout turns into the most badass thing ever.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:12 pm 

Yeah, that does look epic, if only I can find one nearby..

Btw, have you guys read Super Faq for Convict Conditioning? It has got some real good ideas, especially regarding explosive training and stretching.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:55 pm 

Man, Ive done pull ups on soccer goals and the wooden construction of a kids swing set in January. If you want to find a way, you will.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:57 am 

The GK2 wrote:
Yeah, that does look epic, if only I can find one nearby..

Btw, have you guys read Super Faq for Convict Conditioning? It has got some real good ideas, especially regarding explosive training and stretching.
Yeah, it's good.

There is also a ton of information on stretching in the 2nd book.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:36 am 

JackLaLannePushUps I like these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoR3PJsxCAg

I use 7m/22ft rope and a loop to utilize pullup bar for horizontal exercises
(lawnmover extension and archer pushup)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:14 pm 

Do you still think the book is good for someone starting boxing (couple of years training at gym weightlifting/bodybuilding)?

Please send it to me by PM.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:47 pm 

You can find it pretty easily if you look around. It's good but I shifted to weights more to be honest. Incline Bench, Standing Shoulder Press and Weighted Chins have done a lot for me.

I know with boxing you want to work on your rear delts and exercises that use extension to counterbalance all the interior rotation of your shoulder.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:07 pm 

Altair wrote:
You can find it pretty easily if you look around. It's good but I shifted to weights more to be honest. Incline Bench, Standing Shoulder Press and Weighted Chins have done a lot for me.

I know with boxing you want to work on your rear delts and exercises that use extension to counterbalance all the interior rotation of your shoulder.
I don't know actually, what I know for sure is that the boxers train for strength rather than mass. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:09 pm 

You don't need much strength it's mostly endurance so lots of pushups etc. I've never worried about training for mass. Unless you are on steroids you're not gonna get really big.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:12 pm 

Altair wrote:
You don't need much strength it's mostly endurance so lots of pushups etc. I've never worried about training for mass. Unless you are on steroids you're not gonna get really big.
Genetics: My brother got better genes when it comes to mass,
but I got excellent genes when it comes to endurance and music.
I got Rachmaninov's reach on piano except my L.H. is wider ( C-C-G ) and (C-C-A)
whereas R had wider R.H. reach
My brother can reach C-C-E both L.H. and R.H.

That don't mean I give up training CC though... ;)