Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Gaining weight
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:27 am 

Hey guys, would anyone have any reccomendations for consistantly GAINING weight?.

I usually eat more than 2 meals a day now and train as often as I can, I keep fluctuating which I guess is natural with any new diet but I want to vary the way I do things, I'm thinking of trying something different every couple months to see what happens, I was trying this 6 meals a day thing but it was too much of a hassle, so I simplified it.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

Post subject: Re: Gaining weight
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:20 pm 
Drink slim fast and eat pb&j sandwiches in addition to your regular meals. You will gain weight fast.

3 slim fasts per day. They are healthy and nutritious.

2 pb&j sandwiches per day. They have protein and are delicious.

Rinse. Repeat. Lift. Get big.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:18 pm 

Slim fast? huh...

I had no idea that stuff could actually help you gain weight. :lol:

K I'll give this a shot. :mrgreen:

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:04 pm 

When you make your supper, make an extra plate and set it aside.

Set your alarm for midnight before bed. Wake up at midnight, eat, go back to sleep.

This works.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:50 am 

Two meals a day isn't enough. You need at least 5-6 ideally. Eat whole grains instead of white stuff (they bleach all the nutrients out of it)

Don't buy any supplements except maybe a multi-vitamin and definitely fish oil. Your brain and entire body loves omegas.
But all those protein supplements etc have 3-5% absorbation rate. Your body discards the rest.

Calculate your BMR (bascal metabolic rate) and times it by your activity level and it will tell you how much calories you need and break it down in fats, carbs and proteins.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

BMR is different from BMI (which is complete garbage)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:12 pm 

I've looked into sources that advocate the 5-6 meal plan as well as some that advise against it.

My schedule's kinda crazy and I tend to be on call so I thought maybe eating 3 meals a day with the equivalent calories of 5-6 would lessen my chances of missing out on a meal and eliminate the added stress of having to check my clock every 2-3 hours.

I only eat wholewheat bread now and have a couple PB sandwiches or a can of tuna in addition to my meals, my workouts are pretty intense.

Far as supplements I'm going for the most natural method possible so I'll look into this fish oil stuff. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:04 am 

Do you have a link for the ones that advised against it? That's interesting I've never heard of anything advising against it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:53 pm 

The main idea I heard against it is that our ancestors could not store things for longer periods of time.
Our digestive system is therefore build around a lifestyle of getting up with the first light in the morning and eating some little leftovers from yesterday. Then you get on your feet and either go hunting or gathering.
You can eat some fruit or nuts in this time, but only little, because you probably got no stone-age-backpack.
So in the evening the game is grilled and eaten and everone is eating till they can't move anymore :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:23 pm 

Morpheus wrote:
Do you have a link for the ones that advised against it? That's interesting I've never heard of anything advising against it.
http://docwellness.wordpress.com/2011/0 ... s-per-day/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:51 am 

For weight gaining protein and high calories food are important. Eggs have lot of protein which is good for weight gain. Meat,cheese and butter are also good for weight gain.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:17 am 

Also, you may to get calories from liquid sources such as protein powder, milk, etc. b/c these are easy calories and you can stomach these easily.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:10 am 

About this slimfast stuff, I've been drinking it with each of my meals, I assume this takes a couple weeks for a noticeable difference?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:25 pm 
Can definitely relate to it Alchemist mate!

If you're only looking to gain weight very fast and don't mind having your body fat percentage increase, then try out the GOMAD technique -- i.e. Gallon Of Milk A Day!! -- start small, and increase 500ml in 2-3 days times till you reach a gallon... guaranteed weight gain in a month!!!

However, here's a clean way to do it and which helped me to gain some clean muscle as well:

1. Eat a lot - High protein and carbs - preferably keep it all clean.
Include a bit of greens and flax seed oil in it as well.

2. Weight Train on Alternate Days - have a pre and post workout protein shake.

3. Take enough sleep

Be sure that your workout schedule includes compound exercises like the Squat, Deadlifts, and Bench Presses.

If you're looking for some quality workouts that you might want to check out and follow, then do go into websites such as http://www.bodybuilding.com etc!

All the best mate!!! :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:40 pm 

Thanks.

Can't afford a gallon of milk a day unfortunately, I'm on a budget but I will try the rest.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:11 pm 

Ok I have struggled with this my entire life, but have finally started to get some gains. I am 1.75 meters tall, which is 5 "9 and I am currently weighing 167 pounds which is 76 kilos. I gained 12 pounds from January until now. My body fat has remained the same.

First of all my goal was to increase muscle mass and not get fat. For that I started doing Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe and have done extremely well with that program. It's very easy, you basically do 3 exercises per training day and they are all compound barbell lifts.

My diet includes eating mixed nuts during the day as snacks. I eat about 1 1/2 cups of nuts a day, sometimes 2 cups. Besides that I take two protein shakes a day, one at breakfast and another one after I get home from work at around 6 pm before dinner.

I have my usual 3 meals per day which usually are very high in protein, and I make sure to have some type of meat at lunch and dinner. I started eating more and more food than what I am used to, and I view each meal as a workout.

Now, I don't really care about eating clean because I am trying to eat tons of calories, but I do avoid eating tons of junk that might upset my stomach. Anything else goes.

I don't do GOMAD because there is no way I could stomach that much milk. I am not the biggest fan of milk, and I certainly don't want to be shitting cottage cheese every day.

Besides eating much more, I am also taking creatine in capsule form, kre-alkalyn, which has very little water retention and no bloating and has helped me in my gains and aided my recovery from heavy lifting.

Like most of the topics we discuss in this forum, you probably already know what you need to do to gain weight as it is simple: eat more (get in high amounts of protein, decent amount of carbs), lift heavy and rest.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:15 pm 
ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT TAKING PILLS IS THAT THERE IS ONE WAY TO GO.

I listed the links below.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ecdy.html

Ecdysterone is the shit.

Nuff said. This is straight from my personal experience. Make sure you talk to the guys who are actually huge in GNC. Don't talk to the guys who are just ripped.

I talked and researched a whole lot while I was lifting heavily.

http://www.animalpak.com/html/sections.cfm?ID=9
http://www.animalpak.com/html/sections.cfm?ID=7

You should definitely pick up this shit. Animal Pak is no joke. You get sooooooooo healthy off this shit.

It's important to just be really healthy.

http://www.animalpak.com//store/html/category.cfm?id=16

I didn't list a link, but you need to get some "trace minerals". Find the liquid version in GNC. Trace minerals make your nervous system respond better after about 2 weeks on this shit.

The beauty is that you coordinate your muscles better. They have small but important impact that relates to slight increases in muscle strength and coordination.

Simply put, trace minerals don't make you get more muscle. They don't make you lift heavier (a lot). They make it so that your nervous system fires correctly when you're trying to push up that last rep. Muscle coordination allows you to lift more.

That's the reason that chimpanzees are so damn strong while being so damn little.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:30 am 

I'm wary of supplements, this isn't steroid stuff is it?.