Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Marriage
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:17 pm 

I'm making a marriage thread as society has such a large focus on it. However, this focus is clearly fading. Even arranged marriages are going out of fashion as convenience on a liberal and independent lifestyle is becoming too good to refuse for the long term.

Marriage appears to me to be losing it's appeal as a lifestyle necessity.

"I've tried it both ways. I've been married twice. The only time I wasn't having a lot of sex was when I was married".
Hugh Heffner

Chilling. Whichever way you look at it.

Post subject: Re: Marriage
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:06 pm 

An article from Chatelaine (published by Yahoo) on short term marriage licenses:
Quote:
The concept of rent-to-own is one usually applied to the purchasing of furniture, large appliances and various other household items. But should it be used in matters of the human heart too? Would human beings benefit from low-risk short-term commitments to each other rather than losing their hearts, homes and savings in one fell swoop with the all-or-nothing contract that is marriage?

It's a question being tossed around in Mexico (via CBC News ) at the moment.

Lawmakers in Mexico City are considering legislation that would radically alter the concept, if not the traditional meaning, of marriage. To combat high rates of divorce and the expensive legal process that results from dissolving the old 'Til death do us part' vow, legislators are proposing the creation of short-term marriage licenses that come with a built-in option to renew or dissolve at the end of a fixed term.

The licenses would be two years in length and would include clauses relating to custody rights and property division. At the end of the two-year term, the couple would be given the option to continue on in wedded bliss or to bid adios to one another once and for all.

To renew or not to renew? That would be the question facing the happy couple after two years.

The benefit to the Mexican legal system seems clear: it would cut down on lengthy divorce proceedings. But what are the benefits to the betrothed? On the one hand, the legislation appears to encourage a minimum commitment, as it requires people to give marriage a shot for at least two years-those who bail on a marriage before the end of the two years would have to go through regular divorce proceedings.

But that seems the only 'positive' aspect of the renewable license idea for couples. If anything, the trial nature of the arrangement seems to take the significance of commitment out of the equation-if there's no risk involved in commitment, what's the point? If you're married but not really married why bother with a wedding at all?

If it passes, the legislation may also necessitate some adaptations in the language of commitment. The first 18 months of marriage, which has traditionally been considered the 'honeymoon period', may need to be redubbed the 'should I stay or should I go?' period. And that's about as romantic as a new fridge don't you think?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:15 pm 

after reading the 'great female con', I will be very carefull with whom I get married (if I ever get married....). And there is no way I'm getting married without a prenuptial agreement (no matter who the girl will be...).

feminists (backed by the Justice system that favors women) have made it so that guys today don't want to get married. feminists shot themselves in the foot...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:17 pm 

If/When I get married, it's definitely not going to be for the traditional reasons men get married. :mrgreen:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:32 am 

That's interesting Kidd, because I have recently started saying that if I get married it'll be for the same reasons women get married.

:mrgreen:

Anyway, back to business. I have found astonishing clips of an interview conducted by Jay Leno. His guests were the newly married couple Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries.

http://www.kimkardashianhot.net/kim-kar ... -show.html

We are very lucky to be able to see these clips. Thank you Kidd for bringing this marriage to my attention.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:48 pm 

Quote:
That's interesting Kidd, because I have recently started saying that if I get married it'll be for the same reasons women get married.
Haha!...very succinctly put. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:38 pm 

I'm curious as to why you guys are considering going down that route, have you found a loophole in that system?.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:41 pm 

Women usually get the better end of the stick because of how they approach marriage. If we are reversing the roles in that regard, where's the downside? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:11 pm 

I'm still too cynical sometimes to see an upside to the matrix but I see where you're getting at.

When I eventually benefit from the system maybe I'll see some good in it.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:12 pm 

Christian Bale has an interesting marriage for a Hollywood star. Anytime I've seen him at an event, his wife has always been beside him...smiling.

[ img ]

She is always the one smiling, while he's the one doing the talking or simply looking cool like he does here. One of the spiritual Hollywood journalists asked him what he does to take a break from life. His response was that he spent time with his wife, which naturally surprised the (female) interviewer as it is such a rare thing to hear these days.

From Wikipedia.
Quote:
On 29 January 2000, Bale married Sandra "Sibi" Blažić (born 1970), a former model, make-up artist and personal assistant to Winona Ryder; the couple have a daughter, Emmeline, who was born on 27 March 2005 in Santa Monica, California. Since 1992, Bale has resided in Los Angeles.
Interestingly, she is older than him by four years. The marriage is close to twelve years now and after accepting his Oscar for Best Supporting Actor (2011) he thanked his wife at the end of a very enthusiastic speech.

A rare success perhaps?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:57 pm 

Cinderella Story Scene

Let's talk Avril Lavigne. One very, very interesting woman. Not least because she's genuinely beautiful, but also somewhat talented for a mainstream singer/songwriter. From her first album 'Let Go', I got the idea that she was young lady who believed in love and was raised in a very traditional manner. Her interviews reflected this also. It didn't surprise me then, that she was married to a boy she knew since she was 17 (the very year her album reached No 1 in the UK, the youngest artist to do so) and started dating him at 19 . Nor was there any surprise that the boy she married was also someone who had seen stardom in the form of Sum 41's leading singer Deryck Whibley. They married when she was 21 (2005). He is older than her by four years.

[ img ]

Every picture I can find is like this. She smiles, he simply looks cool.

I remember she turned up to the Canadian Juno Awards (2008) after the release of her second album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0OpA8zO9Jw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8MV1fA4jEI

Her husband wasn't with her. When asked about her last contact with him, she simply responded that he had wished her luck. They separated a year after that and divorced a year after that. The marriage lasted in and around the three year mark. Lavigne's final words on the matter were suspiciously positive stating "I am grateful for our time together, and I am grateful and blessed for our remaining friendship". By far, the most amicable public divorce I've ever seen, leading us to wonder what exactly went wrong.

Her recent album was a thread of sadness in which one song has the lyric 'When I said I want more, I got no more, You were stealing me away'.

My theory is that she wasn't getting enough attention and therefore was also the one who called for the divorce. I have seen another interview where she is wished a happy birthday (Sep 27). When asked what she wanted to do with the rest of her life, she gave only one answer.

"I need to find me a husband".

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:00 pm 

The legend that is Sarah Michelle Gellar will live forever thanks to her performances in the (yes, bias, I know) greatest television series of all time; Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The shows final goodbye bid a universal goodbye for the need to watch television with it. A wonderful collectors item of a show. To me, almost every episode was a feature length episode of a blockbuster movie.

Will we ever see anything anywhere near as intelligent again?

Sarah Michelle Gellar has changed her name to Sarah Michelle Prinze because during the high point of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, she had been offered roles in various teen horror flicks such as I know What You Did last Summer and Scream where she met Freddie Prinze Jr and started dating him in 2000. It must be noted however that she met him three years earlier. It has been (strongly) alleged and speculated that during this time she dated two of (or one of the two) of her co-stars on Buffy, though it was never confirmed. Gellar and Prinze married two years into their relationship and have one daughter. The marriage is is close to nine years. Their daughter however is only aged two. Aside from the basic, there is nothing else to note.

[ img ]

The pictures I found were not like the couples above. Their pictures are varied and they genuinely appear very comfortable with each other. Gellar is noted for being a very intelligent and cultured person in the film and television industry and she certainly appears to know what she's doing in her relationship and career. She is also back on screen with Ringer; a strong up and coming television show. He on the other hand is a director and producer for the WWE. Can somebody please tell him that Smackdown sucks?

Otherwise, all rosey here. Isn't it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:50 pm 

Interesting stuff Scarf, I'm enjoying this, thank you ;) .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:18 pm 

Ah...! You're very welcome Benjamin. :P

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:59 pm 
both are still making millions even though WWE sucks. Noticing what they both bring to the table is important.

In the 2nd case one was broke the other had money.

In the first case one is broke the other is loaded with money. You can guess who.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:57 am 

Which couple are you referring to there rkd?

By the way guys, I strongly recommend 'Ringer', the new TV show. And this is coming from someone who hasn't watched TV since 2005.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:49 am 

David Beckham demonstrated his talent to the footballing world when he struck a beautiful curling free kick against Columbia in the 1998 World Cup. It contributed to England's success, qualifying them from the first stage of the tournament. The second stage was a one-game knockout against Argentina. After 45 minutes of football, England were level 2-2 against their biggest international rivals. In the 47th minute, after being brought down by Diego Simeone, Beckham (rather gently) kicked out at his opponent. The consequences were disastrous. The referee sent him off, leaving England to fend against one of the greatest footballing nations with one less man on the field.

England lost the match and David Beckham subsequently become one of the most hated figures in England. Beckham responded on the field where he gave the best performance of his career for Manchester United and very quickly become known as one of the best footballers to play the game. This international fame was aided by his relationship to Victoria Adams. A woman who herself who had become internationally recognised whilst singing for the pop group; the Spice Girls.

[ img ]

When Beckham was asked about his early interactions with her, he stated that he had first seen her on television and was beguiled by her. When he had finally met her, she apparently told him that he had a 'nice ass'.

Love had blossomed.

As the relationship escalated (which included the birth of a child) along with Beckham's notoriety on the football pitch, in May 1999, he and his Man Utd team mates won the UEFA Champions League - the biggest trophy in club football - along with two other major cups. Beckham's career was at an all time high. Two months later, he married Victoria. The marriage caused a media frenzy, even interesting sections of the US media. Beckham's genuine power in the football world and the world in general had increased greatly. His capability for influencing the game at an international level, particularly to a female audience, had never before been seen in the land of football. From World Cup loser to international superstar, David Beckham had become a franchise unto himself.

[ img ]

In 2003 Beckham signed for the Spanish football club; Real Madrid. His wife Victoria at the time returned to England in order to re-launch her music career. Beckaham, for various reasons and because he couldn't speak Spanish, had been assigned a personal assistant by the name of Rebecca Loos. In April 2004, it was alleged that he had been having an affair with her. Many of these allegations occur with the major celebrity marriages, however, this one was unique as Loos claimed that she had recieved text messsages which had been sent from his phone. More importantly, she was still in possession of them. Although Beckham denied the claims and still does so today, Loos released her story to the British press. She was interviewed by Sky, where she took out her phone and showed the messages to the reporter.

[ img ]

There was no turning back from this, the nation had made up it's mind. However, this is David Beckham we're talking about. Media Juggernaut, global superstar and England hero. The public and the press were not simply going to give up on their idol and instantaneous paper-seller and so the British press concocted the most male bias story since feminism walked the planet. Apparently, the whole thing was Victoria's fault. Since she had gone back to England temporarily to launch her singing career, she clearly 'wasn't there' for him when he needed her. It would only be natural then for Mr Beckham, mere man that he is, to look for the first girl he could find and give himself a jolly good time.

The public were satisfied by this explanation and were completely sympathetic in their understanding. Beckham could go on being the hero that he was, whilst Victoria was criticised for being a bad wife. The world very quickly went back to the way it was, Victoria quit her singing and got back into bed, Beckham increased his stardom after signing for an American soccer team and even after the back of such a scandal, is now solely famous for being a good husband and father.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aceBbc8s7s

Moral of the story here? Garner enough respect in your social circle and people will find some way of siding with you regardless of whatever you do.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:12 am 

During her high time with TV show, 'Friends', Jennifer Aniston become one of the most popular TV stars to date. This was largely due to her 'bob' haircut; now known as the Jennifer Aniston Bobcut. She and her hair came under intense media attention when it was revealed that she was dating actor Brad Pitt in 1998.

Apparently, every so often, during a taping of a Friends show, Brad Pitt would turn up, sit on the couch and wait for the show to finish filming, before walking into the sunset with Aniston.

Ah....

The couple married in 2000 and the marriage was considered to be one the most genuine in the business. They seemed settled as a couple

[ img ]

The above picture has been analysed in the popular press by various armchair psychologists who stated that the picture was an active demonstration of who had the most control in the marriage. Intriguingly, I have found a similar one.

[ img ]

What was considered to be the greatest Hollywood marriage of all time lasted all of five years as Jennifer Aniston, in 2005, filed for divorce. No reason was given. Interestingly, the request for the divorce was submitted just after Brad Pitt had finished filming his new movie Mr & Mrs Smith alongside co-star Angelina Jolie. Aniston stated later that she had planned to start a family with Pitt after the ending of 'Friends'. Nothing was ever confirmed, but rumour had it that Pitt was dating Angelina Jolie in an extramarital affair and that this came to Aniston's attention by word of mouth.

Jolie denied dating Pitt whilst he was married but confirmed that both she and Pitt 'fell in in love' on set. It didn't take long for Pitt to start a long term relationship with Jolie shortly after the divorce. It appeared that Pitt had a similar effect on Jolie.

[ img ]

Since the divorce, neither Pitt or Aniston have re-married. Pitt states that he will only get married again if gays and lesbians are given the right to do so whereas Aniston has dated Vince Vaughn, John Mayer and is currently dating Justin Theroux.

Make no mistake, the break up of this relationship caused many a woman to think twice about marriage and from a social perspective, widely accrued the idea that even the most perfect of marriages could come to a messy end.

"One Man. Two Womens. Is crowded"
Victor Navorski - The Terminal (2004)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:34 pm 

Pitt and Jolie have a big family now- mostly adopted kids but not only (I think they have two children of their own).

I never saw Brad Pitt as a family man so this was kind of weird to me- I wonder if he really wanted a lot of kids or if it's her who pushed all of this to happen (my guess is that she was the one who pushed it and he didn't want)

BTW
talk about Mel Gibson in your next post- he had a 'good marrige' and I think he was involved with the church a lot until he found another woman and got her pregnant and then she broke up with him saying that he assault her or something like that?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:34 pm 

Mel Gibson married in the 80s when being married was still strongly considered a permanent status. Divorce during his 26 years of marriage would have been a very big decision to make. Note that he had gotten divorced at the time when divorce was/is very popular.

Several allegations have also been made with regard to his sanity as a human being. He has been accused of homophobia, racism, sexism, domestic violence and alcohol abuse.

A profile on his marriage would raise more questions about him than provide answers about the changing trend in marriage.