All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Marriage
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:31 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
...and? :geek:
I find it very sad...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:34 pm 

Not surprised the country I live in is almost on the top... I know hardly anybody my age whose parents are not divorced or don't live together (So the number is higher, if you count in the non-divorced but not together living people)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:50 pm 

Sniper wrote:
Scarf wrote:
Divorce rates in countries as of present time:

United Kingdom - 47%
so it seems your country is like the USA now (in the USA it's also close to 50%)

Figures of any kind anywhere in any field are almost always out of date by the time they are published.

Both the UK and the USA should be well past 50% by now. The real now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:51 pm 

fufe wrote:
Not surprised the country I live in is almost on the top... I know hardly anybody my age whose parents are not divorced or don't live together (So the number is higher, if you count in the non-divorced but not together living people)

...and even higher if you count people that aren't sleeping in the same bed

...and even higher if you count people that are completely uninspired.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:51 am 
Site Admin

Indeed Scarf

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:00 am 

Scarf, hope you don't mind me posting a few links here. Seems most divorces are initiated by women;

''Sixty-eight percent of divorces are now initiated by wives'', according to this 3 year old article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... iness.html

''More Ugandan women move for divorce''
More women are initiating divorces in Uganda after becoming empowered by new marriage equality laws;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... vorce.html

From The Anchorage;
Quote:
I saw an awful case of this bewilderment with a male colleague. He was shocked when he was looking through his desk drawer and found that his wife not only was filing for divorce but had also been consulting lawyers about a divorce for over seven years.

"I'm the provider," he said to me. "I've always done what I was expected to do. Why did she want a divorce?"

"When I talk to the husbands, they usually have a very different explanation as to why their wives feel the way they do," writes marriage counselor Willard Harley. "They often feel that the expectations of women in general, and their wives in particular, have grown completely out of reach.

"These men, who feel that they've made a gigantic effort to be caring and sensitive to their wives and get no credit whatsoever for their sizable contribution to the family.

"They feel under enormous pressure to improve their financial support, improve the way they raise their children and improve the way they treat their wives. Many men I see are emotionally exhausted and feel that for all their effort, they get nothing but criticism."
7 years...how am I so unsurprised. His life wasted on this women and her kids.

http://www.adn.com/2012/06/24/2518581/m ... iates.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:18 am 

Some really good stuff there Rolan.

I think the 68% has risen to 73% in the most recent figures but who knows for sure....

Anyway.....!

The longest running divorce saga in the UK has ended in a £20,000,000 settlement for the woman in question.

Mr Young and Mrs Young fought a six-year legal battle where she was holding out for £300,000,000. The court was told the couple enjoyed a "luxury marriage" and heard claims that the couple spent £1m a year on restaurants and had "vast estates" as Mrs Young argued for a £25m house in London in addition to the £300,000,000. Mrs Young said she had been given a £1m wedding ring, that her husband would spent £5,000 a time at restaurants and once owned a boat worth millions.

Here they are signing the dotted line. This is what actually getting married looks like.

[ img ]

and here is where they lived:

[ img ]

Mrs Young felt that the money awarded to her was not enough as she felt her husband was 'worth billions' at least.

On the other side, Mr Young had offered to the court that he was bankrupt and was in debt for £28m.

http://news.sky.com/story/1172364/wife- ... ce-pay-out

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... grace.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 56656.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:26 am 

Here is a personal experience I found:
Quote:
About a week ago, my uncle came to live w/ us after his wife (of 23 years) kicked him out of their newly built home. She then asked for a divorce. This is soon after he accused her seeing another man. She later admitted to it and said it was her HS sweetheart.

My uncle is in his mid 50s and was getting ready to retire in a few years. Him and his wife have 3 kids together. He's a self made man that owns a successful business and property which he does not want to lose. Just a few days ago, she asked him for the house and business which he built by himself, so basically leaving him in the gutter. I feel for him cause he seems so depressed now, wanting to make things right but unable to....

Here's the problem... my uncle still wants to go back and maybe make things right. He says things like "they can't live without me..." since he handles all the finance and takes care of everything for the family.

I don't think it will ever work out esp. at this point but somehow he still believes. What's the best option for him at this point?? And whats the best way to go about this @ this point in his life??

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 am 

I found the Ugandan example especially compelling. People think of it as a Western epidemic as far as I can ascertain, but...people are people, women are women. All the same no matter what or where they are.

And unfortunatley for Mrs.Young(or whatever her name is now), it looks like she'll be downsizing somewhat :lol:

Scarf, what do you think about women keeping their surnames? My sister was recently married, and decided that she wanted to keep her last name(my father's surname), instead of taking her husband's one - could this be a sign of uncertainty/independance I wonder.... :geek:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:01 am 
Site Admin

My god :o :o , this bitches are the most ruthless living creatures when money is in free stake! :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:08 am 

I don't get it. Morals aside, how can she legally lay claim to the house he bought and the business he built after she had the affair and she asked for divorce proceeding's to begin.

Am I missing something, or are our courts really this fucked up :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:40 pm 

Rolan wrote:
Scarf, what do you think about women keeping their surnames? My sister was recently married, and decided that she wanted to keep her last name(my father's surname), instead of taking her husband's one - could this be a sign of uncertainty/independance I wonder.... :geek:

If you flip back a page or two, you'll see my marriage article which should explain it but I don't know how much depth I went in on this subject (or mentioned it at all).

This, in my view, goes back to the ownership days of marriage when women used to be property. This is why feminism was so successful, because at the heart of all their objectives, they had a legitimate claim that women were born free and independent.

As such, they have ingeniously engineered a route on both sides. If a man marries a woman, she is his property and is exploiting her.

If he doesn't marry her, he has no honour and of course the classic 'why hasn't he proposed yet?'.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:07 pm 

Biblical Family Values & about Marriage
AronRa ( Atheist )

~41min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bldw8X5apnY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:47 pm 

Rolan wrote: *
That's so cool. A Sikh female is named X Kaur at birth. After marriage? The same!! :D She gets her Sovereignity straight from the Guru, NOT from her man!!
Real Men aren't affraid off Independant Women 8-)

Sadly, even in the West, many are still judged if they don't change it:

Short Video: [Should You Take Your Husband's Surname? | This Morning]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2m2b65rD-8

^^ Without even knowing it, The West is walking towards Sikhi Ideals, just by following their Gut. It's the great Awakening :ugeek:

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:24 pm 

Johnny Depp hoped ‘karma takes the gift of breath from’ Amber Heard in shocking texts
Quote:
NGN’s barrister Sasha Wass QC read out a text from August 2016 sent from Depp to talent agent and Lady Gaga’s ex-fiance Christian Carino, which read: ‘She’s begging for total global humiliation… She’s gonna get it. I’m gonna need your texts about San Francisco, brother… I’m even sorry to ask… But, she sucked Mollusk’s crooked d*** and he gave her some s***ty lawyers…

‘I have no mercy, no fear and not an ounce of emotion, or what I once thought was love for this gold digging, low level, dime a dozen, mushy, pointless dangling overused flappy fish market… I’m so f***ing happy she wants to go to fight this out!!! She will hit the wall hard!!! And I cannot wait to have this waste of a c** guzzler out of my life!!!’

Referencing a new relationship, Depp continued: ‘I met a f***ing sublime little Russian here… Which made me realize the time I blew on that 50 cent stripper… I wouldn’t touch her with a goddam glove. I can only hope that karma kicks in and takes the gift of breath from her…

‘Sorry, man… But, NOW, I will stop at nothing !!! Let’s see if mollusk has a pair… Come see me face to face…. I’ll show him things he’s never seen before… Like, the other side of his d*** when I slice it off…’

‘I had been characterised globally as a wife-beater and if you pardon me, I was Cinderella to a Quasimodo in 0.6 seconds and I was without a voice at that point. Ms Heard made sure the news media got hold of it.’

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:26 pm 

Mister Depp isn't in touch with reality, in other words.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:07 pm 

Our brains are predisposed to interpret information in a way that confirms what we want to believe.
I was biased in favor of my own sex (Depp) hence the cherry-picking.
Quote:
Like many others who have brought libel actions to clear their names, Depp has found that using the law to defend your reputation is a very expensive way of shattering it—in this case, probably beyond hope of repair.

Allegations of greed also featured prominently in the Depp case. One of Depp’s central claims was that Amber Heard had falsely accused him of domestic violence in order to obtain a more generous divorce settlement. Indeed, Depp’s Shakespearean facility for invective provided one of the guilty pleasures of this sad case. Heard wasn’t just a gold-digger, Depp announced, she was a “gold digging, low-level, dime-a-dozen, mushy, pointless dangling overused flappy fish market…” But the facts, as Nicol J prosaically pointed out, suggested otherwise:

"The principal element of that settlement was payment to her by Mr Depp of US$7 million. Ms Heard’s evidence that she had given that sum away to charity was not challenged on behalf of Mr Depp and the joint statement issued by Mr Depp and Ms Heard as part of the Deal Point Memorandum acknowledged that this was her intention… I recognise that there were other elements to the divorce settlement as well, but her donation of the $7 million to charity is hardly the act one would expect of a gold-digger."

Many of Heard’s allegations of violence were corroborated by contemporaneous documents—for example emails, diary entries, or text messages.

High street criminal lawyers quickly become familiar with the alcoholic client who says “I definitely didn’t hit her but I was so drunk I’ve forgotten exactly what happened.” It can be a tricky defence to run in the Swindon Crown Court, particularly when it has evolved, under pressure of undeniable evidence, from the defendant’s earlier protestations that “I can remember everything clearly and I wasn’t drunk.” It’s not any easier in the High Court.

One could go on, but the judgment is available to read in all its damning detail. The judge meticulously examined the evidence for all 14 allegations of Depp’s violence relied upon by the Sun, and found that all but two were more likely than not to be “substantially true.” It is impossible for a fair-minded reader to disagree. The court did hear a recording in which Heard admits to throwing pots and pans at Depp and even to hitting him, but the judgment places this in the context of a relationship in which he was usually the instigator of violence, not her. The judge may have been wrong to skate over the implications of the recording, but even if it were true that Heard occasionally hit Depp, it would not disprove the various allegations made against him. Bluntly: even if she sometimes hit him—and the judge made no such finding—it would not absolve him for using violence against her.

The judge might have ignored or misunderstood vital evidence that most readers of the judgment would not know about: if so, Mr Depp’s appeal will no doubt succeed. But my overwhelming impression of the judgment is that it is fair and careful. There are areas of doubt, there are unanswered questions, and there is some criticism of Heard, but on the central allegations of Depp’s violence the judge gives a reasoned and credible explanation for preferring, in almost every case, Heard’s evidence to that of Depp.

The case raises some issues beyond the obvious one of why Depp decided to take what he should have been told was the extraordinary risk of exposing his turbulent private life to public examination. First, whilst campaigners against violence to women have been understandably quick to welcome the judgment, some of them may not be quite so happy about one of its implications. Nicol J’s decision had nothing to do with a philosophy of “believing the victim” or “standing up for victims of domestic abuse.” It was based on a careful and impartial assessment of the evidence, a large part of which came from contemporaneous text messages recovered from Depp’s or Heard’s phone.
https://quillette.com/2020/11/07/a-reas ... -in-ruins/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:39 pm 

Marriage Requires Amnesia
Quote:
After 15 years of marriage, you start to see your mate clearly, free of your own projections and misperceptions. This is not necessarily a good thing.

Do I hate my husband? Oh for sure, yes, definitely. I don’t know anyone who’s been married more than seven years who flinches at this concept. A spouse is a blessing and a curse wrapped into one. How could it be otherwise? How is hatred not the natural outcome of sleeping so close to another human for years?

Marriage is a solution to several problems that creates infinite additional problems.

Marriage requires amnesia, a mute button, a filter on the lens, a damper, some blinders, some bumpers, some ear plugs, a nap. You need to erase these stories, misplace this tape, zoom out, slowly dissolve to black. I start to spend more time in my head. I start to daydream more.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:55 pm 

Re-bejesus I don't know any successful marriages
where the two sleep in the same room every night.
I do know few successful marriages where the two
sleep in different rooms at least 5 days / week.
Curious :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:33 pm 

I recommend the avid lurker to look up the defamation trial of Johnny Depp / Amber Heard... :geek: