http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbbZ2NuGcQ0

This is another one of their commericals lol

You still playing :?:

Post subject: Re: Pocket Kings suck
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:03 pm 

Oh man whenever I can.. I love this game

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:39 pm 

Me too won my first large field tournament last night 8-)

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:41 pm 
Congrats, I take it that you have figured out some leaks in your game.

Did you do some of the things that I suggested you do?

Or, did you just read some of the better books that I suggested?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:28 pm 

Yeah I got on 2+2, and just signed up for Pocket Fives. Read a bunch listened to some videos. Got somepush bot charts.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:36 am 

Also what is your opinion on bubble play. :?: I know you should be pushing small edges and stuff, it was easy to not care on the micro stakes buy in. Because its like ooh I made it into the money sweet I just won 2.50 8-) . But in the higher stakes....like I took some of my win money and bought into a $50 tournament and got triple my buy in back..So I reinvested it into the same tournament again today made it into the money again.

But for example with an M of like 5 or 6 in early position I folded 66 instead of shoving with 10 ppl left until the end of the bubble. How big of a leak is that :?:

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:07 pm 
OMG dude, you have some serious bankroll management problems.
Morpheus wrote:
Also what is your opinion on bubble play. :?: I know you should be pushing small edges and stuff, it was easy to not care on the micro stakes buy in. Because its like ooh I made it into the money sweet I just won 2.50 8-) . But in the higher stakes....like I took some of my win money and bought into a $50 tournament and got triple my buy in back..So I reinvested it into the same tournament again today made it into the money again.

But for example with an M of like 5 or 6 in early position I folded 66 instead of shoving with 10 ppl left until the end of the bubble. How big of a leak is that :?:
I'm pretty sure you don't a 5k bankroll, which really isn't even enough, to be playing those stakes. You'll never see success unless you grind properly. However, if you want to keep depositing money because you have $500 or so that you can contribute to your poker playing every paycheck then do so.

Binking a tournament for triple your buy-in is not good enough to be playing in high mid-stakes tournaments where there a plenty of professionals.

With an M of 5 or 6 you should be shoving very widely from all positions. 10 people away from the bubble is too far to fold out and play conservative.

It is a huge leak especially if you're in a microstakes tournament. Those idiots call so much that you're probably 50% against any random ass range they call you with. If you're in a tournament with a higher buy in like the $50 tournaments you're trying to play then the shove is good because most of those guys are folding too much.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:00 am 

Oh yeah I knew I was way under rolled to be playing at those stakes. I decided I would take one shot and see how it went and when I won my buy in back I tried again. Point taken though.

You think pocket 6 is too wide :?: ..hmm I have this push bot chart. Im trying to get good at push fold as that is where my biggest leaks are. What do you think of this chart :?:

http://www.raise.ch/files/pushtbot-chart.pdf

Or do you know of a better one :?:

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:00 am 

Actually I found the one you gave me last year.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:30 pm 
I'm saying that pushing 66 is fine in both situations. It wasn't clear.

You're AT LEAST %50 to what the microstakes players will call with, and you're AT LEAST %40 to get total folds in a higher buy in tournament.

You really don't need a chart. Find a program that tests you on Sit-N-Go and tournament push fold situations or something. Pushing should be second nature shit if you play well.

Push fold situations come up a lot but even without knowing push charts, if you know the table and know how to play preflop and adjust preflop then you'll be right 75% of time in most situations and right 50% of time in difficult situations.

You should really be focusing on playing very well postflop and preflop so that you don't get into push fold situations. By the time you get good enough for push fold decisions to be worth thousands of dollars you shouldn't have problems with pushing and folding because you'll know how to adjust.

Frequently, you will be called based on how many times you have shoved in the orbit or last few orbits rather than being called because a person puts you on a push range. This holds true especially for live tournaments. However, the caveat is that you should recognize the good players that will call based on your range rather than how many times you have shoved.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:24 pm 

That is very helpful thanks.