Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:30 am 

By David Deida,

Got some really profound perspectives, I stumbled across it when I was first getting away from the Mystery/Style view of the world. I've picked it up about 3 times since then. Everytime I understand it better than the last time.

Anyone else read it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:06 pm 

I read it the first time two years ago and it didn't have any impact on me. But about three month ago I read it again and I got value from it. I guess it was too advanced for me two years ago but now with my new awareness and knowlage I got value from it. Great book indeed....

I don't agree with everything he says but some things did resonate with me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:25 pm 

i was reading it about 4 months ago, i stoped becasue i did't feel ready to continue, maybe i start reading it again, the things i read and did't really understood becasue i was trying to make it fit with my own life, now i understand those parts and it flows natural, its' a good book but i see it as the power of now(nothing practical) and it may confuse some men without some level of awareness

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:35 pm 

rant wrote:
i was reading it about 4 months ago, i stoped becasue i did't feel ready to continue, maybe i start reading it again, the things i read and did't really understood becasue i was trying to make it fit with my own life, now i understand those parts and it flows natural, its' a good book but i see it as the power of now(nothing practical) and it may confuse some men without some level of awareness
I think the book is good for men who have some basic understanding of the power dynamics first. If someone just starting out reads it , he might think that he is supposed to put women on a pedistal and that would not be good....

but for advanced guys who already have a sense of the power dynamics could get some value from it. Again I don't agree with everything Deida says but some of it did resonate with me...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:39 pm 

Sniper wrote:
rant wrote:
I think the book is good for men who have some basic understanding of the power dynamics first. If someone just starting out reads it , he might think that he is supposed to put women on a pedistal and that would not be good....

but for advanced guys who already have a sense of the power dynamics could get some value from it. Again I don't agree with everything Deida says but some of it did resonate with me...
yeah it must be seen as a self discovery book, and not a way to be a superior man following the book as rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:51 pm 

rant wrote:
yeah it must be seen as a self discovery book, and not a way to be a superior man following the book as rules
Well put.

One of the things I struggle with the most. Is that after being taught so much bullshit, if something doesnt vibe well with me I discard it. But thats not a way to grow.