Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:00 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:33 pm 

In short the book is about self-reliance and fearlessness, all I can say is it resonates with me deep and will with some of you, no doubt. 8-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_50th_Law

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:20 am 

On my listen watch post haste 8-) thanks bro this looks interesting. Kidd I think this is something you could dig....hip hop meets a political genius.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:23 am 

Oops...that thought was for the Coco/Ice T thread lol

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

Last edited by The Kidd!! on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:45 am 

Yeah, it also talks about the importance of seeing things as they are. Observation etc, from the point of view of guy who's life depended on it.

"You cannot stop the trend of a society into fantasy, but you can stand yourself bored of it. And create power for yourself. You were born with the greatest weapon in all of nature, the rational conscious mind. It has the power to expand your vision far and wide, giving you the unique ability to see patterns, learn from the past and glimpse into the future. Circumstances are conspiring against you to dull that weapon and render it useless. By turning you inward and away from reality."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:31 pm 

The selective aggression chapter is especially good, talks about how to choose when to use force in a situation.
It explains how 50 cent destroyed a another rapper while using him to elevate his own career.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:43 pm 

Ja Rule! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:46 pm 

50 utterly destroyed Ja Rule's career. he didn't recover from that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:55 pm 

Yeah...he did Ja Rule all KINDS of dirty. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:24 am 

One of my favourite lines in the book is "Everyone is governed by self-intrest". If that doesn't get you from emotional to logical nuth'n will.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:51 am 
Site Admin

ManniJa wrote:
One of my favourite lines in the book is "Everyone is governed by self-intrest". If that doesn't get you from emotional to logical nuth'n will.
One of the mains of the Objectivism of Aynd Rand.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:24 pm 

Finished on my 5 hour drive 8-) , highly recommend.

My favorite lessons were...and this applies to everyone here.

Lesson 8 Respect the Process — Mastery The fools in life want things fast and easy — money, success, attention. Boredom is their great enemy and fear. Whatever they manage to get slips through their hands as fast as it comes in. You, on the other hand, want to outlast your rivals. You are building the foundation for something that can continue to expand. To make this happen, you will have to serve an apprenticeship. You must learn early on to endure the hours of practice and drudgery, knowing that in the end all of that time will translate into a higher pleasure — mastery of a craft and of yourself. Your goal is to reach the ultimate skill level — an intuitive feel for what must come next.

and this...

Lesson 10 Confront Your Mortality — the Sublime In the face of our inevitable mortality we can do one of two things. we can attempt to avoid the thought at all costs, clinging to the illusion that we have all the time in the world. Or we can confront this reality, accept and even embrace it, converting our consciousness of death into something positive and active. in adopting such a fearless philosophy, we gain a sense of proportion, become able to separate what is petty from what is truly important. Knowing our days to be numbered, we have a sense of urgency and mission. We can appreciate life all the more for its impermanence. If we can overcome the fear of death, then there is nothing left to fear.