Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Star Wars: The Last Jedi
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:58 pm 

The latest Star Wars movie, anybody seen it? I wasn't interested initially, but saw a couple of scenes and gotta say.. it looks very promising :geek:

Gonna watch it soon

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:58 am 

I'll not watch it, Disney = 0/100 auto-magically

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:38 am 
Site Admin

Not watched it

No plans to

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:46 pm 

No marvel movies for you Jared? :lol:

"...There is only one thing you can do. Master that one thing!...What you must be doing is visualizing yourself at your most powerful. You don't need any external enemies. The only opponent you must fight, is none other than your own image."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:08 pm 

saw it, wasn't impressed. it seemed rushed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:30 pm 

The social justice themes were much more overt this time. I think I am done watching the movies.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:46 am 
The last 2 Hollywood movies i i couldnt watch.
In the middle of the movie i left the Theater...

Nevertheless if you enjoy it go watch it, you dont need anybodys permission.
Just be aware that the imaginatiion can be more real than the real..

I still enjoy reading and watching comics like
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintin_(magazine)
or
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterix
for exampke, but do not tell anyone ; )

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:42 pm 

Altair wrote: *
The social justice themes were much more overt this time. I think I am done watching the movies.

Altair... you would enjoy Infinity War.

"...There is only one thing you can do. Master that one thing!...What you must be doing is visualizing yourself at your most powerful. You don't need any external enemies. The only opponent you must fight, is none other than your own image."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:16 am 

Flux wrote: *
Altair wrote: *

Altair... you would enjoy Infinity War.
Excellent I might go watch it tomorrow 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:39 pm 

Watched it, it was alot of inspirational stuff, parallelling to Sikhi. Loved how they show-cased the Force for instance.

And also how Kylo Ren is potrayed and his journey.. the constant battle between good and bad, within. The scene from ep. 7 was just epic, the one where he is talking to his grand father, Darth Vader.

It's something I can relate to on a very personal level.. having a grand father (the 9th Guru), that are so magnificent, that I can't even try to explain. How do one messure up?

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:09 pm 
Site Admin

OK, so someone brought this round on Blu Ray, so gave it a watch. There was some arm twisting and promises involved.

I do not even know where to start.

The bad lazy cgi, sfx, gfx, costumes without much effort.
Some cute creatures that were meant to be looking sad and crying really badly animated. I mean, we have all seen what pixar can deliver, this fell far far short.

The story - omg, what did I just watch.

Then the nods to times of old, trying to evoke nostalgia. Luke, still the child that went to Yoda and did not complete his training, still needing to finish it. Thinking a tree and some books somehow make the jedi, ironic given the speech he gave Rey.

I find myself not connecting or really caring about any of the characters. I am left thinking was it just me who felt a lack of emotion during the film, from the characters, the acting and the involvement.

Kylo and Rey, who cares. Snoke seemed like smoke.. bring back the emperor.

I was left thinking some B movies make this look bad. They had some good plot points in there, that could have been really nicely done and they just failed to deliver imho.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:16 am 

peregrinus wrote: *
I was left thinking some B movies make this look bad. They had some good plot points in there, that could have been really nicely done and they just failed to deliver imho.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Difficult to exceed the original trio, especially with the Social Justice themes.

The good plot points makes for some nice Covers, though:

Kylo Ren // In The End (cover)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUn7OUDcocQ