Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:13 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Fed Up
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:19 pm 

[ img ]

This is required watching. It will help with front building and maintenance (physically) and almost help ensure you can get the most out of the male Marquee Value advantage when the time comes. :ugeek:

Discuss if you've seen it or after you've watched it. :geek:

It should be on Netflix...that's where I saw it. But watch it by whatever means necessary.

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

Post subject: Re: Fed Up
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:15 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
It will help with front building and maintenance (physically) and almost help ensure you can get the most out of the male Marquee Value advantage when the time comes.
Thanks for sharing, this was great. I've been keeping processed food to the minumum lately, and especially felt a huge difference when cutting sugar from the morning coffee (it has diminished the slump after the temproarly high).

I was having conversation regarding Marquee Value with a friend last week (he is in the late twenties and is getting pressured for marriage by his GF) . He was shocked when I said that he has plenty of time, since ideal age for marriage is 35 (for men) and that it might even be pushed to the 40s with good, healthy choices. Obviously I had you in mind :D ... And a great example in Tom Cruise. Seriously, in Oblivion he is 50-something and romancing 20 years olds, and it looks completely normal.

More than for me, this is important for my cousins, who in a young age (10-13) already are showing warning signs (they are getting fatter and fatter). I'd have to share this documentary with my uncles, who does respect me. But still, I'd appreciate some advice to best share it with them, so they actually take it in.

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:03 am 

All you can do is share it...you can't control if they take it in or not. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:48 pm 

I was at the store and looked at the sugar contents. Dark chocholate, which I believed to be healthy, had 24 % sugar! :shock:

Here's a snippet of an article, which mirror the content in the documentary.
http://authoritynutrition.com/how-much-sugar-per-day/
Quote:
How to Minimize Sugars in The Diet

Avoid these foods, in order of importance:

Soft drinks: Sugar-sweetened beverages are awful, you should avoid these like the plague.

Fruit juices: This may surprise you, but fruit juices actually contain the same amount of sugar as soft drinks!

Candies and sweets: You should drastically limit your consumption of sweets.

Baked goods: Cookies, cakes, etc. These tend to be very high in sugar and refined carbohydrates.

Fruits canned in syrup: Choose fresh fruits instead.

Low-Fat or Diet Foods: Foods that have had the fat removed from them are often very high in sugar.

Dried fruits: Avoid dried fruits as much as possible.

Drink water instead of soda or juices and don’t add sugar to your coffee or tea.

Instead of sugar in recipes, you can try things like cinnamon, nutmeg, almond extract, vanilla, ginger or lemon.

Just be creative and use google to find recipes. You can eat an endless variety of amazing foods even though you eliminate sugar from your diet.

A natural, zero-calorie alternative to sugar is Stevia.

What About Sugar in Processed Foods?

The best way to cut back on sugar is to simply avoid processed foods and satisfy your sweet tooth with fruits instead.

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:05 pm 

Unfortunately sugar substitutes have been proven to not be much better because your body still reacts to it like it's sugar anyway. Can't win :geek:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:24 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Unfortunately sugar substitutes have been proven to not be much better because your body still reacts to it like it's sugar anyway. Can't win :geek:
Ah well, I'll stick to fruits then.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:38 pm 

btw try raw food diet if you havn't yet, even for a motnh or few weeks if you don't want to keep it.

It really makes a difference and it solves lots of health problems by itself

It's nice to have it as experience for comparison.

The thing with fruits is that with sugar in it you have lots of nutrition, check nutritional tables and compare chocolate bar with an apple, if you want :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:59 pm 

Maybe a bit OT, but I get the feeling people like to complicate dietary things. We all know how you should be eating, it's just that people want to find a more complex system to complicate the issue and make being healthy/fit seem like this crazy, probably unreachable, goal. Projecting this onto people and selling new revolutionary ways to look at nutrition (raw, paleo, carb-less diets, for example) makes it all seem like a web of information that's impossible to follow to the T, becacuse there are always new articles about different findings that make the old ways of eating obsolete.

For me, following the 80/20 principle in terms of my diet (80% proteins/complex carbs/healthy fats, 20% pizza/hamburgers/shit I can't resist on the long-term) has worked splendidly. More importantly, it's something I can follow for more than a couple of weeks or months without burning out and going on a snickers bar and pretzel binge.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:57 am 

Pizza's not a vegetable?....aww