Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:14 am 
Recently, I've had to help my brother with his computer because it runs slow. If someone at Best Buy is telling you that you need a new computer ask them why they haven't directed you to tools to make your computer run faster first. I recently had this experience at Best Buy. The guy kept trying to upsell me on a new computer when I looking at the specs on the products to see the latest optimizations. You really don't need a new computer unless you bought the bottom end model and it's over 6 - 8 years old. Advances in technology come in waves with long periods of minute optimization.

Below is my stack to get your computer running like new again.

1. IoBit Uninstaller
Quote:
This is a free uninstaller that doesn't have a trial period for force uninstalling like Revo Uninstaller. When it gives you the option to do a deep scan after it uninstalls use the deep scan to remove registry entries. This program will probably install Advance System Care with it. You don't need that. Use IoBit to remove the program after you've done all the installing you need.
2. CCleaner
Quote:
This is a conservative program that does a lot of crap cleaning with junk files etc. Two things: Run the regular cleaner and run the registry cleaner. If you haven't cleaned in a long time this will take hours. CCleaner does MFT cleaning, which takes a while. You'll definitely want the PRO version, which comes with a 14 day free trial.
3. Privazer
Quote:
This is a privacy cleaner. Run it after CCleaner. It's a trace cleaner that does similar things to CCleaner and IoBit Uninstaller. However, it cleans up the registry entries left behind by both of them. It has a pretty simple interface that's hard to fuck up. For people concerned about their internet privacy this a great tool to use after you have preventative measures in that prevent your tracking. The data is wiped back to 000's in memory.
4. Auslogics Disk Defragmenter
Quote:
Defragmenting is one of the last steps to cleaning your PC. It's necessary because an organized room is a room you can find things fast in. Aka. your computer definitely needs this if you've never done it before.
5. CCleaner
Quote:
You're not cleaning again this time. This time you need to use CCleaner to clean up your startup items. This is critical to a faster computer. RAM is used up before you even get a chance to run anything. Most slow computers are slow from tons of startup items. If you're not sure about a process then look it up on the internet.
You should have a computer that runs like new for the next year. Pat yourself on the back. You basically did what someone else would have done if you had taken it to an electronics servicer to make it run faster.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:52 pm 

I reinstall windows every two years approx.
Helps tremendously. :lol:
Especially helped when there was still Windows XP around :ugeek: :geek:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:13 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the tips Slim, I'm gonna reinstall windows 7 in the pc of my little brother, and then gonna add those softs.
fufe wrote:
I reinstall windows every two years approx.
Helps tremendously. :lol:
Especially helped when there was still Windows XP around :ugeek: :geek:
This!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:08 pm 

Dali wrote:
Thanks for the tips Slim, I'm gonna reinstall windows 7 in the pc of my little brother, and then gonna add those softs.
Windows 10 is coming soon as well, it looks very promising. And it'll free for Windows 7 users and above :D

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:42 pm 
I heard that it was only available for windows 8 users and above. :x

I posted that guide because if you're like me then you have things you don't necessarily want to get rid of nor will it be possible put everything on a flash drive and fresh installs of everything would take well past a day.

Granted, I don't know how reinstalls of OS's work. So I wouldn't know if I would be able to keep everything.

I use nearly everything installed on my computer and would have a hard time setting everything up from scratch. I have heard that you can make backup images of your computer to install the same way.

Edit: Just so you know, even when you fresh install the OS the memory is still defragmented, files dealing with your privacy are still there etc., and junk files.

All that stuff is still recoverable after a fresh install of an OS because the memory addresses have only had one pass over them if they even had pass. I would probably say your computer will run even faster if you were to clean after or before a fresh install. You need those memory addresses wiped to zero, especially in RAM. ;)

Last edited by Slim Titan on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:43 pm 

The GK2 wrote:
Dali wrote:
Windows 10 is coming soon as well, it looks very promising. And it'll free for Windows 7 users and above :D
Yeahhhh I'm looking forward to that
It seems like every second Windows installment does well
2000 sucked, XP rocked, Vista sucked, 7 rocks, 8 sucks (except for touch-screen devices, I can see the use on those) -> hopefully 10 will rock

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:20 am 

I am genuinely impressed by how bad windows 8 is.

Also, thanks for the tips.