Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Parasyte Anime
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:34 pm 
No links provided for this anime because it's free to watch everywhere. I don't think it's been licensed. I haven't seen a funimation video anywhere.

Here is the wiki link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasyte

Plot:
Quote:
Parasyte centers on a 17-year-old teen named Shinichi Izumi, who lives with his mother and father in a quiet neighborhood in Tokyo. One night, worm-like creatures called Parasites appear on Earth, taking over the brains of human hosts by entering through their ears or noses. One Parasite attempts to crawl into Shinichi's ear while he sleeps, but fails as Shinichi is wearing headphones, and enters his body by burrowing into his arm instead. In the Japanese version, it takes over his right hand and is named Migi (ミギー?), after the Japanese word for 'right'; Tokyopop's version, in which the images are flipped horizontally, has the Parasite take over Shinichi's left hand and it is named Lefty.

Because Shinichi was able to prevent Migi from travelling further up into his brain, both beings retain their separate intellect and personality. As the duo encounter other Parasites, they capitalize on their strange situation and gradually form a strong bond, working together to survive. This gives them an edge in battling other Parasites who frequently attack the pair upon realization that Shinichi's human brain is still intact. Shinichi feels compelled to fight other Parasites, who devour humans as food, while enlisting Migi's help.

Personal description follows:
Quote:
Izumi Shinichi is the quintessential symp until a parasite enter his right arm. He gains the ability to defend himself and his comrades. The anime chooses to present some red pill themes like logic, observation, and evidence too a certain degree in action rather than with dialog. Shinichi experiences the overnight transform that many of us have gone through but still has many flaws. One character flaw is that he cannot cry after his transform while still having empathy and feelings.
Pros:

It's the first anime I've seen to symbolize women in the form of the parasite as we know them to be on the forum.
It is strong on character transformation.
It promotes a search for identity after the transformation. He doesn't lose who he is.
It italicizes some red pill themes when they are said instead of shows.
The imagery touches on way more than the male-female dynamic.

Cons:

It is heavy on imagery without signifiers to show when they're about to show you a theme.
It is easy to miss a theme because the makers prefer subtlety.

Things to look for:

The relationship Shinichi has with his parasite.
The way parents should treat their children. Interestingly, all the parents are supportive figures except for the parasite mother.
Shinichi's indifference to a woman that even said she would wait for him.
Respecting nature's rules.
And Many more.

Caveat: I'm only halfway through Parasyte. I hope it doesn't take a turn for the worse.

Post subject: Re: Parasyte Anime
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:24 pm 

I enjoyed it tremendously.

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek: