Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:38 pm 
Site Admin

The Truth About School: Another Brick in the Wall!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIejieCEfzA
Quote:
Almost everybody has “experienced” public school at some point in their life – but what is the truth about school? While the stated goal has always been public education - what is the true origin and development of this institution? In this presentation, Stefan Molyneux described his own experience in public school, early education in Greece, the rise of formal education, the interesting religious backlash, the Prussian school system, modern public schooling, the shocking cost and effects behind this “necessary” institution.” As a student, are you just another brick in the wall?

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:13 am 
I watched the entire video. :shock:

I thought about giving cliff notes but that would do this video a disservice. Interestingly, I've never heard about the sexual abuse statistics. Funny, my philosophy professor was trying to promote Plato's vision of The Republic. I didn't have the knowledge he had to question his beliefs, but I did a litmus test with beliefs I was much closer to. He failed miserably.

Anyway, the best thing you can do with children is be supportive and make them discover what they like. They won't fight you on it. They just want some encouragement. If they complain then let them do what they want. When I saw how my brother communicated with some people in the store, it was the day I made him start reading. I let him choose the books though.

Come to find out, his school doesn't even let him visit the library. What the fuck do you have the library for?

One month of reading two hours a day, he finished the entire collection of Sherlock Holmes. He's also finished like two other series in the same month. The time it takes him to finish his homework has dropped drastically. He doesn't even complain about headaches anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:59 am 

"The Finland phenomenon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70AlyhEGWf4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:26 pm 

Jared wrote:
Ohhhhh yes Suomen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:33 pm 

Thank you very much for sharing this Peregrinus!

This video explains a lot about how a felt in school when in was very young and why I was bullied a lot at school. It also explains why I feel enslaved in the job that I have now. Somehow I feel I ended up in the wrong career. I can now see how this all happened.

I really enjoyed this video (of the same guy) too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq3jjzI8Gdo

Very interesting look at things. Quite jaw dropping actually.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:14 pm 
Quote:
Accordingly, this gap between what a three year old naturally wants to do and what is necessary to keep it both alive and a functional member of human society is usually bridged by the creation of incentives. These incentives can be basically summarized thus:

"Do what I tell you, and I'll give you something nice".

Simplified even further:

"Obedience = Reward".

This framework of rewarding obedience is part of our formative development years and stays with us well into our young adult lives, and once you have left the home environment and begun schooling, it could be argued that the influence of this framework grows even stronger.

"Get good grades, and you'll get a good report card."

"Get a good report card, and your parents will be happy with you."

"Make your parents happy with you, and they'll buy you that remote control car you wanted".

You didn't really give a fuck about getting good grades. No ten year old cares about grammar and multiplication. But you sure did give a fuck about that remote control car. So you got the good grades because you were incentivised to do so.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/com ... ittle_boy/