Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:06 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:53 pm 

What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKaWJ72x1rI

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:35 am 
:?

This can be summed up as a pseudo-scientific approach that assumes everyone uses the internet the same way.

It would be remarkable if the guy could show that viewing computer screens alone does this damage. However, that Youtube user isn't interviewing him. He's just quoting that guy out of context. :geek:

I've cut out unnecessary searches from my usage. I spend time working with what I search practically.

Basically, if you aren't OD'ing on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Etc. then you are fine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:53 am 

I use the interwebs to learn things, it's a tool.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:26 am 

Just like with weed, the internet is a double-edged sword that can either help immensly or fuck you up. I've experienced both ends of that spectrum.

It's all about what you use it for. Why are you putting the XY amount of hours into it? Is it a redeemable value?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:45 pm 

Aragorn wrote:
Just like with weed, the internet is a double-edged sword that can either help immensly or fuck you up. I've experienced both ends of that spectrum.
This.
It can be higly addictive. What has helped me is having internet free hours every day.

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:21 am 

Slim Titan wrote:
It would be remarkable if the guy could show that viewing computer screens alone does this damage.
?? This is about the internet, not computer screens.
Slim Titan wrote:
He's just quoting that guy out of context. :geek:
Are you even familiar by the work of Nicholas Carr? Because I am, and I can definitely say that it is NOT taken out of context. :ugeek:
Slim Titan wrote:

This can be summed up as a pseudo-scientific approach that assumes everyone uses the internet the same way.
No, it explains why one can easily fall into certain behaviour patterns on the internet.