All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Bartender
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:23 pm 
Quote:
Bartender

Titles:
バーテンダー

Description:
Genius bartender, Sasakura Ryuu makes the most incredible cocktails anyone has ever tasted. Seeking his "Glass of God", individuals from all different walks of life visit his bar. With both a compassionate ear and a godly drink, Ryuu helps people with their problems.

Category: Anime

Released: 2006
I watched the first episode of this anime. It does drag somewhat and is not heavy with the intense observation and strategy of other Seinen psychological animes based around geniuses. It does however have one critical theme from the gems and precious threads section so far from the first video. It eloquently demonstrates how to "be the tree." Do not confuse his character for being blue pill from the first episode. Remember, he is doing his "job."

How ruthless is that to be so good at his job that he's world renowned working in a dive bar?

http://www.animeplus.tv/bartender-online

Post subject: Re: Bartender
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:41 pm 
http://www.animeseason.com/gyakkyou-bur ... episode-1/

^^^This is the followup to Kaiji if you watched the first series. It comes a few months later. To my knowledge, this is the last anime adapted series of Kaiji. You have to read the other two or three seinen mangakas to get the rest of the arc.

I stumbled across this find while researching bartender and television tropes of analysis, genius, and profiling.