Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Adyashanti on Oprah
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:42 am 
Site Admin

So I post this because I'm in a spiritual group on FB and saw this recently 1 1/2 week ago, Adya the 'spiritual teacher' is on Oprah. Now, I don't have nothing against Oprah W. I just think that her programs are a little biased for (marketing reasons) and for the most part, I believe "money" will show it's ugly face sooner or later, I know the audios and books Adya do are FREE!! What would that woman is cooking? :lol: . I remember on the Oprah show some years ago, was Eckhart Tolle too (A New Earth book), so maybe he is a self proclaimed "enlightened person" but even with that, I tend to doubt the people to go on oprah, not because of this Eckart guy, but because mainstream is "futile and temporary", well that may be a huge prejudices of mine, but anyway.

What do you guys think about this going "mainstream" (again, not that I feel special and unique because I heard it before going oprah, and I'm so cool) I actually think it's great!! more people "dehypnotizing" from this bounds of ego, and getting in touch with their real nature and start to deconstructing ego, being aware, observing, and finally being and all good shit.

http://www.oprah.com/own-super-soul-sun ... Adyashanti

I respect the message Adyashanti brings to all humanity and people, because it rings true for the most deep aspects of our nature. Also I post this because I know a few members on here follow his teachings like: Meraki and Flow83 to name a few, (don't remember others sorry). I also follow some of his messages not so throughly as I would like. I have applied some Adya's advice and have experienced some techniques. Also I am in awe when I hear The end of your world on YT and ponder on his statements a lot.

What do you guys think about this?

Post subject: Re: Adyashanti on Oprah
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:59 am 

➀ It´s a leeftail, when entified.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:58 pm 

I was amazed to see that it was actually happening (he sent an email about it). I have not watched it yet but intend to.

To me it's a great thing. Anyone who has checked out any of his stuff knows he is as real deal and unwavering as it gets, and is as far from a "spiritual salesperson" as you can find. He is my favorite teachers' favorite living teacher. I expect Deepak Chopra on mainstream, not Adyashanti. You're not going to be talking about how to open your heart chakra to attract a new car into your life with this guy, just penetrating into the often uncomfortable question of what is really true and what have I been hiding from.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:35 pm 

➁ Best teachers are those who are worst off.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:05 pm 

Haha. I listened to the first 10 minutes. About minute 8-9 Oprah latches onto the idea that who you are is not the same thing as your "personality", self, etc, and that you can connect "presence to presence". And then she starts bragging about how she got this aha - almost gloating, "Did you all get that? I got that!"

Such a silly, ironic moment. She's talking about part of seeing through the false self, but yet the false self, her ego, grabs the concept and hijacks it, turning it into a way to further reinforce and strengthen the false self. Classic.

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:54 pm 

I didn't pick up anything that felt off in the few minutes I watched.

Not at all like Eckhart Tolle :roll:

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:07 pm 

Adyashanti is an awesome teacher I saw some videos of him on youtube,

lots of great stuff about non duality but as Flow said (...slightly edited...):
Flow83 wrote:
You're not going to be talking about how to open your heart chakra to attract multiple women into your life
:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:07 pm 

I like the excercise he mentioned in the video.
Thanks for sharing