Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:07 pm 

diego wrote:
Quote:
28. The best way to get approval is not to need it.

This is equally true in art and business. And love. And sex. And just about everything else worth having.”
Hugh Macleod
So true.

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:16 am 

Dali wrote:
I'm starting to think why the Don Juan de Marco movie was recomended by TheKidd!
One of my favourite films.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

zogler (slightly edited) wrote:
The placebo effect has one other obvious explanation, which is not touched by the experts:

The fact that the human body/brain has a self-healing ability, when it comes to many diseases, as long as it is properly fed and convincingly reinforced to utilize it.

We could interpret Jesus' words "Your faith has saved you" as "It is your faith that really saved you and not me".

You heal by yourself, believing it can be done. There are modern cases of cancer patients, in which cancer mysteriously "disappeared".

Our body/brain therefore is a holistic therapist
^^ THIS!!
fufe wrote:
"You just gave vourself permission, not to worry about it anymore"
^^ and THIS!!
Nyph wrote:
Reading this again it appears I totally missed the point of this thread. It wasn't about placebo, it was about how the placebo helped those people. Those people were trying to bend the spoon, and when the placebo let them believe the spoon did not exist they then found that the spoon bended for them.
^^ and THIS!! This is the moon that my finger was pointing towards.

Some interesting comments and observations :geek:

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:34 am 

zogler wrote:
Further evidence for the placebo effect, certainly interesting to watch.

In the past, some researchers have questioned even the existence of the phenomenon. But now it is a valid phenomenon, as has been established by experimental methods. There have been changes in brain activity as a result of implementing a sham treatment.

The most accepted view states that the placebo effect occurs because the patient believes in the drug, treatment or therapist. After the sham treatment, the brain of the patient causes changes in the functioning of other organs, resulting in improvement. That is, the patient expects to feel better and it happens. The mechanisms of the effects are not fully understood. But the fact that specific effects are displayed does not mean that the illness or symptoms of the individual were - in any sense - false. The existence of the placebo effect is another evidence of the mind-body link. According to some research data, the phenomenon can be partly attributed to the release of endorphins in the brain. These substances are natural painkillers. But, surely, the underlying mechanisms are more complex, since such effects arise not only in relation to the limitation of pain.

The placebo effect has one other obvious explanation, which is not touched by the experts: The fact that the human brain has a self-healing ability, when it comes to many diseases, as long as it is properly fed and convincingly reinforced to utilize it. We could interpret Jesus' words "Your faith has saved you" as "It is your faith that really saved you and not me". You heal by yourself, believing it can be done. There are modern cases of cancer patients, in which cancer mysteriously "disappeared". Is our brain therefore a potential holistic therapist?

What a post.

Funny isn't it, zogler? There are a number of patients who mysteriously have recovered from cancer without any conventional treatment and yet, you never hear of them. The press seeem to want to keep their mouths shut on those cases and tell us only about the ones who 'battled' and died.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:04 pm 

Scarf wrote:
Funny isn't it, zogler? There are a number of patients who mysteriously have recovered from cancer without any conventional treatment and yet, you never hear of them. The press seeem to want to keep their mouths shut on those cases and tell us only about the ones who 'battled' and died.
Certainly not funny, but quite reasonable and predictable.

The health care industry would be better described as a sickness industry. It benefits from illness rather than health. After all, maintaining symptoms and diseases are what generates a steady cash flow. There is no money neither in healthy people nor in dead people. The money is in the middle: people who are alive, but with one or more chronic conditions.

We are being sold on the belief that pharmaceutical drugs and surgery are the key solution to all of our health problems. If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth, especially when it encourages bad habits.

If you believe you will die, you will die. In order to survive, you have to decide you are going to live, make it a clearly defined goal of yours. However, we must realize that our mind, allthough a formidable weapon in our arsenal, is a necessary but not sufficient condition to live a healthy life.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:53 pm 
Site Admin

zogler wrote:
The health care industry would be better described as a sickness industry. It benefits from illness rather than health. After all, maintaining symptoms and diseases are what generates a steady cash flow. There is no money neither in healthy people nor in dead people. The money is in the middle: people who are alive, but with one or more chronic conditions.
I fully endorse and agree with you here zogler.

Have said it on this forum and other places as well and will continue to do so.

This is from someone who spent some time working in the 'health services'.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:44 am 

peregrinus wrote:
zogler wrote:

God bless you, zogler. 8-)

I am also totally aware that cures aren't as profitable as treatments...but since my livelyhood depends on it, I ain't trippin'. In my line of work, we would lose about 75% of our 'client' base if these damn self entitled, lazy fatasses would start eating sensibly and exercising regularly. But NOOOOOOOOOO...they wanna inhale copious amounts of high fat/high carb/high HFCS foods and sit on their asses watching reality TV...then go to the doctors to get 'magic' pills which keep them juuuuuuuust alive enough to keep on living horribly with their horrible lifestyles. I feel NO pity for these 'Ugly Americans' and sleep very well at night. :geek:

My country is going to SHIT thanks to no self-responsibility, no self-accountability, and an inflated sense of self-entitlement. :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:00 am 
Site Admin

The Kidd!! wrote:
peregrinus wrote:
zogler wrote:

God bless you, zogler. 8-)

I am also totally aware that cures aren't as profitable as treatments...but since my livelyhood depends on it, I ain't trippin'. In my line of work, we would lose about 75% of our 'client' base if these damn self entitled, lazy fatasses would start eating sensibly and exercising regularly. But NOOOOOOOOOO...they wanna inhale copious amounts of high fat/high carb/high HFCS foods and sit on their asses watching reality TV...then go to the doctors to get 'magic' pills which keep them juuuuuuuust alive enough to keep on living horribly with their horrible lifestyles. I feel NO pity for these 'Ugly Americans' and sleep very well at night. :geek:

My country is going to SHIT thanks to no self-responsibility, no self-accountability, and an inflated sense of self-entitlement. :ugeek:
[ img ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:42 am 

I'm witnessing this with one of my parents and it's the reason why I never take medicine or go to the doc when I get sick, I just ride it out cuz these pills don't do shit and the body naturally heals itself anyway.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:18 pm 

Good points.

Another interesting topic on the lack of self-discipline and that kinda stuff is how countries like China for example raise their children. They learn martial arts, pick a career path when they are very young and are constantly being pushed to be at a peak level of performance and contribute something of value to society.

By contrast our kids play video games and eat Macdonald's and don't learn a lot of critical skills.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:24 pm 

Morpheus wrote:

Another interesting topic on the lack of self-discipline and that kinda stuff is how countries like China for example raise their children. They learn martial arts, pick a career path when they are very young and are constantly being pushed to be at a peak level of performance and contribute something of value to society.
I agree. Americans wonder why the Chinese are so intelligent. They'll easily blame it on genetics, when really it's a home-based mandatory strict self-discipline. Which in turn leads to great grades, great scores, and overall higher intelligence.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:25 pm 

Speaking of health, What are your opinions on raw food diet ? Just curious

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:08 am 

fufe wrote:
Not directed towards me, but I think I have sustainable knowledge about it.

Ultimately, it comes down to this.. Humans need the nutrients in meat. Now, you can use supplements to replace meat, but it isn't the same. When taking supplements, we don't take in all of the vitamins from them. That's why they say don't take a multi-vitamin to replace the nutrients in food.

I can attest to this, I tried a raw food diet and became very sluggish as my iron levels got real low. Took the supplements and all. After a while, I decided to eat meat and immediately felt better.

However, lowering your red meat intake is proven to be beneficial for your health in the long term.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:29 pm 

aTrueRebel wrote:
fufe wrote:
Not directed towards me, but I think I have sustainable knowledge about it.

Ultimately, it comes down to this.. Humans need the nutrients in meat. Now, you can use supplements to replace meat, but it isn't the same. When taking supplements, we don't take in all of the vitamins from them. That's why they say don't take a multi-vitamin to replace the nutrients in food.

I can attest to this, I tried a raw food diet and became very sluggish as my iron levels got real low. Took the supplements and all. After a while, I decided to eat meat and immediately felt better.

However, lowering your red meat intake is proven to be beneficial for your health in the long term.

Hm... I didn't have meat for close to 5 years now and I'm fine, iron-wise.. At least it seems like that, I'd have to take blood test to make sure.. Figs are good source of aron, as are beans etc, are you sure iron is the main component in meat we need ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:06 pm 

zogler wrote:
Scarf wrote:
Certainly not funny, but quite reasonable and predictable.

We are being sold on the belief that pharmaceutical drugs and surgery are the key solution to all of our health problems. If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth, especially when it encourages bad habits.

If you believe you will die, you will die. In order to survive, you have to decide you are going to live, make it a clearly defined goal of yours. However, we must realize that our mind, allthough a formidable weapon in our arsenal, is a necessary but not sufficient condition to live a healthy life.

Actually, I was referring to the media industry. But I'm happy to discuss the health industry.

I agree with Kidd. As stated in previous posts, it is up to the individual to maintain their health and life choices. Medical professionals do not need to tell people "you have legs, use them to get to your destination". They also do not need to tell people that they need to drink water, even though this actually has been done.

Having worked in the medical industry myself, I once attended a public health meeting where we examined disease statistics and their preventions, at which point, the Director, possibly the most respected person in the room openly asked "would this be a financially beneficial avenue to pursue?".

I found this to be funny. And only because it was reasonable and predictable.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:18 pm 

fufe wrote:

Hm... I didn't have meat for close to 5 years now and I'm fine, iron-wise.. At least it seems like that, I'd have to take blood test to make sure.. Figs are good source of aron, as are beans etc, are you sure iron is the main component in meat we need ?
It's more than just iron.. We need vitamin B-12 which is found naturally in only animal sources, among other vitamins. It prevents anemia (lack of iron).

Being that we all came from omnivore ancestors which altered our genetics, I'd say eating meat is the best natural option. Plus, vegetables and fruits aren't as whole nutrition wise as they used to be.

Then again, It all comes down to what your body tells you that you need.. If you feel better on a raw diet, go for it. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:35 pm 

aTrueRebel wrote:
fufe wrote:

It's more than just iron.. We need vitamin B-12 which is found naturally in only animal sources, among other vitamins. It prevents anemia (lack of iron).

Being that we all came from omnivore ancestors which altered our genetics, I'd say eating meat is the best natural option. Plus, vegetables and fruits aren't as whole nutrition wise as they used to be.

Then again, It all comes down to what your body tells you that you need.. If you feel better on a raw diet, go for it. 8-)
I eat tons of cheese, most of them with bacteria (how do you say this in english properly ?), so that's loads of B12... B12 is literally bacteria's shit :lol:
Yeah, when I tried raw food diet for two weeks, I could breathe deeply in 5 days.. I remember to this day the experience of being able to run fast and long distance without problems - I actually ran faster and more than my peers. I never ever did that on standart diet (I have bronchial asthma).. + Tons of other benefits, the most anoying was the energy overburst, I remember excercising untill I couldn't move but somehow deep within there was "Fufe pls go dance go excercise nao moar pls !!!!! lol !" :lol:
But yeah, B12 has been issue for me and couple other things, that are not clear to me yet.. And it's costy in the beginning
Btw what do you think of green drinks or smoothies ? I remember looking up nutritional data on meat and dairy and then green leafy vegs and I found the vegs superior nutritionally, actually.. Only problem is getting of one's lazy ass and making the juice :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:32 am 

It's not my intention to derail this thread. But Kidd!!, you said something, and I just wanted to point out the following in case it is of value (apologies if you have already realised it):
The Kidd!! wrote:
...My country is going to SHIT thanks to no self-responsibility, no self-accountability, and an inflated sense of self-entitlement. :ugeek:
There are some striking parallels between your country and Rome before it fell that concern me:

- Excessive corruption in Government
- back then it was freak shows, nowadays it is reality TV
- back then, the men were becoming effeminate, today we have 'symps'

Just to name a few. I'm not trying to bash your country, and I think everyone here will agree that this is happening in the ENTIRE Western world, just to varying degrees from country to country. When I stop to think about how wishy-washy our gender has gotten (which is a dangerous state of affairs, because wishy-washy "men" :evil: are the most easily corruptible), I sometimes cannot help but think that I cannot blame women for running wild the way they are now, and that their behaviour is a (subconsciously) corrective one. Anyway, if I decide to elaborate on this, I will start another thread. Just wanted to point out the above.

"Temet Nosce"