Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:09 am 
This is Richard and Christina Milner's Black Players paperback orginal in very good condition!
For those who don't know this a one of a kind anthropological study on the Pimp subculture done in the late 60's. I was done as a part of Chrstina & Richard Milner's doctoral disertation. Richard got kick out of UC Berkley for this. The typesetting is a little wierd in the new version plus there are a few diagram missing in the new one. Get this one.

$42.50 Shipping included US

52.50 Shipping included Intl

Keep in mind these OG copies are getting rarer and rarer.
Any questions PM me.

peace
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
Photo-0040.jpg [ 27.17 KiB | Viewed 5243 times ]
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
Photo-0044.jpg [ 25.69 KiB | Viewed 5242 times ]
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
Photo-0042.jpg [ 28.05 KiB | Viewed 5242 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:23 pm 

Are you a pimp? What's up with your obsession with pimp material? I mean, how much more do you have to read about pimps to get it?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:30 pm 

is it the same thing as the one Nasheed bought the rights to?

if so, then no.....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:25 am 

Pass.

There's already a great wealth of information here for free and this book is probablly online pdf out there somewhere. :P

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:50 am 

as far as pimp game goes Alchemist, this book should not be slept on. :|

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:50 pm 

If you gave me a couple chapters I may be inclined to read further but I'm not buying anymore books.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:00 pm 

Alchemist wrote:
If you gave me a couple chapters I may be inclined to read further but I'm not buying anymore books.
I'm inclined to agree with this statement I think we have the core books necessary to really go where need to. All this pimping shit not a bad idea but in this age of information especially the wrong type is definitely headed in a direction of information overload.

I wish we had ports in our bodies like they do in The Matrix so we can absorb information that way certainly would save a lot of time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:06 pm 
diego wrote:
Are you a pimp?
Heck yeah! That's me in the middle there.

[ img ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:53 pm 

... Pretty sure that's a picture of that debonair muthafukka Scorpio flossin' on some hoz!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:12 pm 
Resonance wrote:
Alchemist wrote:
I'm inclined to agree with this statement I think we have the core books necessary to really go where need to. All this pimping shit not a bad idea but in this age of information especially the wrong type is definitely headed in a direction of information overload.

Funny, this one of those "Matrix" books that's been talked about here. You would bedoing yourself a favor giving this book a good read. This one of the few books that looks at the Pimp game with an unbiased eye. In fact it would probably make more since to read this first before reading "Sexploytation" it help hammer there point home more readily. If you don't get it from me then check your local library they may have a copy but give it a read. You'll thank yourself later.
Quote:
I wish we had ports in our bodies like they do in The Matrix so we can absorb information that way certainly would save a lot of time.

We aren't there yet homey. And you should ALWAYS be expanding you knowledge based. That's an earmark of a true master in any field. Example, when Jordan grew weary of dunking because of the wear and tear on his knees he turned to the mid range jumper and master that. In fact, he did it so well that Kobe copied it and will probably be able to play few year extra because of mastering it as well. Expanding your knowledge base is the only way you an peep game from different angles. Start by reading your favor material over and over then built or destroy outward.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:16 pm 
Scottie Pimpin' wrote:
... Pretty sure that's a picture of that debonair muthafukka Scorpio flossin' on some hoz!
Rats, I'm caught! Okay, then this is me right chere....

[ img ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:25 pm 

The lesser Evil wrote:
Funny, this one of those "Matrix" books that's been talked about here. You would bedoing yourself a favor giving this book a good read.
just to be clear, as far as 'matrix books' I haven't read any of the pimp books.

I would say that reading Esther's 2 books+ 'the great female con' and 'the predatory female' (not a must but also a good read) - + Kidd's articles+ the discussions around the forum - is enough to understand the matrix.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:29 pm 
Quote:
I would say that reading Esther's 2 books+ 'the great female con' and 'the predatory female' (not a must but also a good read) - + Kidd's articles+ the discussions around the forum - is enough to understand the matrix.

I beg to differ. Black Players should in the mix too. Black Players predates the books mention above by a few years. It also identifies the same problem but doesn't spend the entire book talking about but it just spends a chapter or so on the problem. In the book philosophy ans elements of the lifestyle are broken in way that is applicable. Pimps have been puting into practice what many our here trying to accomplish for a long time .The biggest difference is that they carry out it in a more extreme way. So this book isn't just a well thought thesis on the problem it's stance a that also presents a possible solution: a lifestyle change. So, why don't wish to debate you on it, I'll argue that Black Players is just as important as the forementioned books if not more so.
It will help you see around the matrix you wish to around.