Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:29 pm 

Anyone seen this?

Watched this last night. I don’t normally go anywhere near romcoms, but this had some interesting stuff in it, aside from the usual Hollywood ending where the guys realise the error of their ways; Ben Affleck agreeing to marry Jennifer Aniston despite not believing in the principle of marriage, telling her the only way he can be happy is if she’s happy; Justin Long realising his life of casual relationships is ultimately unfulfilling compared to being in a relationship with a needy girl. Lol.

Kevin Connolly stands out as your prototypical symp, getting used by Scarlett Jo as her emotional tampon in the hopes of getting some occasional pussy. A good example of how not to behave.

One of the most interesting parts is where Scarlett J decides to go after a married guy (Bradley Cooper), willingly allowing herself to be persuaded by Drew Barrymore that it’s ok to do because there is a chance that he could be her soulmate haha.

It’s amazing the mindfuck job she does on herself. In the space of about 30 seconds she manages to rationalise and justify intentionally going after a guy she knows is married and attempting to split up a marriage, because he could potentially could be her soulmate, all based off a story her best friend told her about some old guy her dad knew 30 years ago or something. It’s quite a thing. I thought it was a good example of the way women, and people in general will do pretty much anything as long as they can justify it to themselves in their own minds.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:32 pm 

Matty wrote:
women, and people in general will do pretty much anything as long as they can justify it to themselves in their own minds.
I haven't seen the film but I agree with what you said above, women are especially apt at lying to themselves, this is something they will never admit, I've seen it for myself and I can't speak on it cuz they will think I'm crazy. :lol:

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:04 am 

Alchemist wrote:
Matty wrote:
women, and people in general will do pretty much anything as long as they can justify it to themselves in their own minds.
I haven't seen the film but I agree with what you said above, women are especially apt at lying to themselves, this is something they will never admit, I've seen it for myself and I can't speak on it cuz they will think I'm crazy. :lol:
I think a lot of the time they wouldn't be able to admit it because they genuinely do convince themselves