Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: The Ugly Truth
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:44 am 
Interesting movie about a guy who gets lots of women and is a prize and tries to help his producer (woman) learn how to seduce a guy she wants.

Ryan

Post subject: Re: The Ugly Truth
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:41 pm 
Hi Ryan,

What does it really mean to be the Prize according to you? Is it rock solid inner confidence and high self worth? Would a hot girl go for a guy who has a rock solid inner game or good looks(without inner game)?

Cheers
Jimmy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:53 pm 
Of course good looking guys are approached quite a bit...however, if they lack inner game the odds of them f-ing up is pretty high. If you're considered 'ugly'... a man who has high value, can take care of himself, has confidence, success, dresses well will not be considered 'ugly' even if he wasn't granted with amazing looks. With an inner rock star attitude, people are going to be bound to him. There are plenty of celebrities out there that don't look great but are sleeping with lots of women. Look at Gene Simmons, for example. Not simply just because he is a rock star (of course that is a huge factor) but because of his attitude...he's just a bad ass dude who could careless.

Ryan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:10 pm 
Don't you get the plot line of all romantic comedies?

The whole subtext was that as a woman this bitch is entitled to act better than the suave socially conscious badass. They sure do a good job of showing that. He's a player so he's a bad guy. Oh look he has a good heart, and I think he loves me. HE AUTOMATICALLY GETS WITH THE FEMALE. That is not natural. Real life dictates that if a bitch is acting better then you then she gets the pump and dump, or she comes off mad gifts and cash to make up and still gets the pump and dump.

If you think the movie is valuable then take it from the perspective of behavior that you will not accept. I would have slashed that ho's tires if she treated me like she treated that guy. When she went into distress I would have been there like," OMG this is terrible." Then I would have been like, "Oh sorry. I wish I could help you, but I have a female who values my time energy and affection, which is something that I don't take for granted. Women who treat me nicely get treated nicely. I'm sure you can respect that. I would love to make sure you got home safely, but I'm sure you can protect yourself. I'll see you at work tomorrow."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:36 pm 
I'm pretty sure we are talking about two different movies ;)

Ryan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:11 pm 
Quote:
In Sacramento, Abby Richter produces a morning news show that's about to be canceled. To boost ratings, her boss hires Mike Chadway, a local cable call-in host who promotes the ugly truth: sex is the only glue in a relationship, men can't change, and they only respond to women's looks. Mike offends Abby's sensibility: she has a checklist about the perfect man, and she's found him in her new neighbor, Colin, a hunky doctor. Mike offers to help her reel in Colin if she'll work with Mike on the show; she accepts the deal, ratings go up, and, with Mike's help, so does Colin's interest in her. Craig Ferguson, a hot air balloon, and the ugly truth help this take on "Cyrano" play out.
From IMBD

We are talking about the same movie. If you really think that movie is beneficial then ok. I don't see anything of value, and I really believe watching that movie to learn from it is detrimental to person's progress. I still have my reservations especially since the industry that you think we can learn from got its start from the movie, "Birth of a Nation", which is highly racist, prejudiced, sexist, and stereotypical--A tradition that hollywood has followed to this day.

I would appreciate you enlightening me to what valuable things the characters give and what lessons can be learned from the movie.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:08 pm 
I think you and most people here are over-analyzing way too much. Seriously guys, it's just a movie, watch it if you want, if not, then don't. Surely there are some interesting points towards making a man, a man, and one that is pursued by women. But seriously, if you're aware of 'manipulative women' already, then such scenes in a movie should spark a good laugh ;)

That is all I am suggesting here, take it how you please.

Ryan