Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Silver Linings Playbook
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:36 pm 
Synopsis: Meet Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence in their journey to find peace. Both of them suffer from psychological issues. That's pretty much the only thing they have in common. Bradley Cooper has just left a stay at an 8 month mental institution that was court ordered against medical advice....when me meets Jennifer Lawrence at a dinner.

Rating: 4.6/5 stars

Personal rating: I rate this movie high because I identify with it on multiple levels. Some of the scenes have been acted out in my family. I cried multiple times while watching this movie. Also, some of what Bradley Cooper does is pimp tight. You'll be able to clearly see the shit from sugar if you've had enough experience with women. What's funny is that he doesn't plan to do most of the things he does. :)

What To Look For: the personal development on Bradley Coopers part. 8-)

The downside: Bradley Cooper doesn't remember having drinks with me at my college. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:00 am 
No reviews?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:17 am 

I would, but this movie didn't make much of an impact on me.

Two spoiled kids having spoiled kids problem, is almost the synopsis I have of the movie .

Projection much ?! :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:34 pm 
GoldenBoy wrote:

Two spoiled kids having spoiled kids problem, is almost the synopsis I have of the movie .

You're entitled to that opinion.

It doesn't seem to me like we watched the same movie though.

They have mental illnesses. If you don't believe those are real then I see your point.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:49 pm 

Slim Titan wrote:
GoldenBoy wrote:

You're entitled to that opinion.

It doesn't seem to me like we watched the same movie though.

They have mental illnesses. If you don't believe those are real then I see your point.
I can't seem to stay on one subject. Forgive me if I'm way off ...

Bipolar disorder, I'm not the only one thinking these aren't 'real illnesses'. Rather, I do agree these are illnesses, mental ones, that occur mainly in spoiled brats (like myself, I still live off my mother, don't pay rent ... I don't deny that.)

That's like gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance ... HOW come it is mainly in western countries that we say we're intolerent to something ... In other countries they die of hunger ...

So, I don't say they don't have problems, I'm saying they are spoiled brats problems ...

That's all.

But, the movie was not bad mind you.

I will watch it again (after my Oleg review, big project ...) to see if I feel different about it now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:32 pm 
You're way off GB.

People from all walks of life have mental illnesses.

Have you ever thought that people in 3rd world countries do have mental illnesses, but their environment kills them off quickly because they cannot cope with it.

It is one thing to die from starvation. It is another thing to not trust anyone to give you food in a country of starvation because you're paranoid.

Edit: You are also right. The two main characters do project a lot onto each other, but they are dealing with it as best as they can.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:46 am 

It was an ok movie, had a few funny moments.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."