Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:39 am 
Site Admin

So Kidd, read it yet? any comments?

Surprised you have not posted anything about it, am wondering if you read your copy yet.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:11 pm 

Wow, I'm back, i'm not sure what it was but for a couple months there I just needed some space from this forum, maybe for things to process and come to accept some harsh realities :?:

But man, this book is gold, just got it and am a couple chapters in, can't put it down

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

StephenP wrote:
Wow, I'm back, i'm not sure what it was but for a couple months there I just needed some space from this forum, maybe for things to process and come to accept some harsh realities :?:
Welcome back from your wanderings StephenP.

Sometimes it takes time.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:08 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
StephenP wrote:
Welcome back from your wanderings StephenP.

Sometimes it takes time.
Thanks man, good to be back. Life dealt some rough blows. Took some time off to travel. Had to come to terms with the harsh fact that what is talked about here is simply human nature, meaning it applies to not just girls, but EVERYONE -> closest family and friends included

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:31 am 

As someone who came to a good number of the realizations that Vilar did from watching my mom manipulate my dad in exactly the way that Vilar describes (see: http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2584 ), I might have some insight to the question that Dr. Awesome (and others) proposed:
Dr. Awesome wrote:
Well, I thought about the differentiation "needs/wants" but Vilar describes women as if its their NEED to get a provider (like I said, if it comes from the core of her being then its not a concious want but a need of her nature) and then I don't understand why she should be attracted to a man who's indifferent to her, who won't fit her needs. In other words: Where should the NEED for a indifferent man come from when its a need of her deepest being to get a provider?
Having observed my mom and her resentment and anger at my dad - here's what I think. She's not happy with him because she's stuck with him even though she has absolutely zero (and I mean truly zero) respect for him. Nobody would like to be stuck exclusively with someone that they have no respect for, and nobody would be attracted to someone who they have zero respect for, no matter what that person does for them.

My mom sees herself as so vastly superior to my dad (and the evidence she uses to convince herself of that is the fact that she can manipulate him so badly and he won't do anything about it), that she views him as almost worthless. Yes, he provides for her, but she doesn't have any excitement or enjoyment out of spending time with him.

It would be like trying to play a serious game of basketball against someone who just steps aside and lets you take whatever shot you want completely uncontested. When its their turn to have the ball and try to score on you, they just hand the ball back and say "oops, I guess I turned it over." Its just not even a game at that point, and it wouldn't be any fun. You would be better off just playing by yourself.

I think women are attracted to a lot of different types of guys. They may be attracted to both the independent/indifferent man and to the provider. They may choose to date the provider because they think thats what they want, but they find out eventually that its not fun or exciting to play against someone who just hands you the ball back.

Some (like my mother) may find out that its not fun to play against someone who won't play back after they have already gotten locked up with that person. Some may find out before they're trapped with a provider, and will try to find an independent man. Most won't be able to find one...

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:45 pm 

Quote:
Some may find out before they're trapped with a provider, and will try to find an independent man. Most won't be able to find one...
...and some will keep the provider and just cheat all over him with the men with spines. Best of both worlds that way. :geek:

I've skimmed through this book...really no surprises for me...but always nice to have more CONfirmation on the evolution of my mindset. :mrgreen:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:44 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
I've skimmed through this book...really no surprises for me...but always nice to have more CONfirmation on the evolution of my mindset. :mrgreen:
I felt the same way... Since I got out of high school, I constantly felt as though something "wasn't right", and the book merely opened the curtains so I could see what was going on specifically.

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. . . ."

-Thoreau's Walden

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:12 pm 
Read, re-read and listen to it.

https://soundcloud.com/user9594812/the- ... ther-vilar

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:50 pm 

Bump, because it's a book we should come back to more than once.