Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:05 pm 

With another feminist, but at least she has arguments and doesn't behave like the other one :lol: .
Longer, better, stronger !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZYQpge1W5s
Quote:
As part of our 30th-anniversary dissection of masculinity, Helen Lewis interrogated controversial Canadian academic and bestselling author Jordan Peterson about the patriarchy, #MeToo, the alt-right, gay parenting, fascist ideologies, his all-beef diet and much more...
Disclaimer, I'm only 22minutes in but will probably forget at the end to post it. Many gems already. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:07 am 

Watched the Channel 4 video first and then this one.

I had never heard of Jordan Peterson but his consorting with Sam Harris sparked my interest so down the rabbit hole I go. I am impressed with his unique and personalised take on things. His conviction born of experience, curiosity and due diligence is intelligently articulated.

"You don't need an ideology.."

"I'm not hearing what you think. I'm hearing how you are able to represent the ideology you were taught. And it's not that interesting because I don't know anything about you. I could replace you with someone else who thinks the same way and that means you're not here. That's what it means. It's not pleasant. You're not integrating the specifics of your personal experience with what you've been taught to synthesise something that's genuine and surprising and engaging in a narrative sense as a consequence. And that's the pathology of ideological possession. And it's not good that I know where you stand on things once I know a few things. It's like why have a conversation, I already know where you stand on things."