Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Space
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:36 pm 

Does thinking about someone fill space?

I think I know the answer, I just can't find the damn post.

"...There is only one thing you can do. Master that one thing!...What you must be doing is visualizing yourself at your most powerful. You don't need any external enemies. The only opponent you must fight, is none other than your own image."

Post subject: Re: Space
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:27 am 

You know the answer man.

Trust yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:18 am 
Understanding "space" isn't as much of an intellectual concept as I used to think it was. It's more of a feeling thing. You don't give space just to give space. You give space for a reason and not an intellectual one.

For example, I just recently met a woman while I was picking up my brother. While waiting on him, I talked with her for a while. I ended up giving her mental space because she wasn't my top priority. I was literally looking away every two seconds even though I was earnestly doing my best, keyword, doing my best to have a meaningful conversation with her. I was just making conversation. When the conversation was naturally coming to a close and we both were mutually ready to walk away, she gave me her number. I asked if it was her personal number. She said yes.

I texted her and didn't hear from her for like three days. I gave her space because I wasn't attached to her and the situation didn't call for me to be more proactive. I gave her a choice to speak with me in the text. How selfish and overbearing would I be if I didn't let her be herself and have her choice? That was rhetorical. She eventually texted me and apologized for her lack of contact. At the same time, I appreciated her for who she was and what we enjoyed together. I let it go afterwards though. She is now giving me space again as I'm giving her space. She needs it to decide whether or not to hang out with me.

There's also nothing else to do. It's out of my control now. I like to focus my emotions, attention, and intellect on things that help me grow and are in my control. It was only natural to reciprocate her space. This doesn't mean I don't think about her, but she's also not on my mind constantly. I've thought about her three times today. Each time would be, something along the lines of, "It would be nice if she texted. It's ok if she doesn't. I was my best self." Each time I had an appreciation for myself that erected a boundary. My emotions are not tempted to attachment because they're working with me.

If you have to think about whether or not to give some space intellectually then you're doing it wrong. It should come from a sense of appreciation and loving yourself. You don't have to put yourself through mental pain that you don't have to.

The intellectual concept of space is also an illusion/trap. It's a visceral and palpable entity. It's not something that you just "give" even though you can "give" it. Space is a concept and a reflection of your thoughts. If you have attachment to something you won't appreciate it for it is and let it be. Here's another example, sometimes when you're really having a good time and enjoying yourself in your highest capacities you can literally "feel" the gravity of the space. It's not a "physical" feeling per se. It's more of an emotional feeling with an intellectual recognition. You may back away from a man or woman and they'll walk closer to you. They may follow you just talking to you. They'll "close" space as much as they can. It happens as much as you can reflect your inner world. I.E. be yourself in your highest capacity.

Frequently, your head just doesn't have anything going on in it like internal resistance or echoing thoughts. You just move out of your own way.

Cliff Notes:

Yes if you're attached to them because you'll behave in an attached way.

No if you're coming from a different position of appreciation, indifference, equanimity, or self-love

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:17 pm 

What I learned from here is that space is a side-effect from having your shit together; its not a tactic you use.

I've had some bizarre and intense experiences with space and other people that shocked me! I didn't plan to use space, just how I was feeling in the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:59 pm 

Thought this was Kidd'z Korner :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:23 am 

Yeah, he's gonna be pissed. Please don't lock the Korner Kidd! Honestly, I feel like I posted this in the wrong section. The lounge would have been better. I know space isn't a tactic. If I wanted to use it like that in a situation, I've already lost.

"...There is only one thing you can do. Master that one thing!...What you must be doing is visualizing yourself at your most powerful. You don't need any external enemies. The only opponent you must fight, is none other than your own image."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:59 pm 
Aragorn wrote:
Thought this was Kidd'z Korner :lol:
It is.

Edit: I should clarify. He answers when he thinks it's prudent. Otherwise the thread is supposed to stay dead. This is a question that has been asked multiple times in Kidd'z Korner and has multiple answers from him. He may have left unanswered for a reason besides writing his book. Once someone fucks up that first post hits. It's any man's game though. :lol: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:36 am 

My fault for posting first.

:oops:

-
Flux wrote:
Does thinking about someone fill space?
It depends on where you are coming from when you have that thought.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:22 pm 

Flux wrote:
Yeah, he's gonna be pissed. Please don't lock the Korner Kidd! Honestly, I feel like I posted this in the wrong section. The lounge would have been better. I know space isn't a tactic. If I wanted to use it like that in a situation, I've already lost.
I kind of think I know where you're going with this, perhaps I'm way off base but are you talking about daydreaming/visualizing scenarios with girls you want to fuck in which you interact with them positively. Like visualizing how it would go from saying hi to eventually fucking them. FWIW, back when I had ZERO clue what was up with chicks I used to do this with like 5-15 girls I would interact with or see regularly. I had multioneitis if you will.

If this is what you're talking about I think it can be OK but can also be bad, it really depends where you're coming from. If you're coming from....I really want to fuck this girl and I heard visualizing stuff can manifest it into reality then I think that's not really coming from the right place. Extreme example would be a girl that gives you no signals she's interested but you're obsessed with and you daydream about all the time, not healthy.

The healthy version imo would be as follows....

You observe a girl giving clear signs she's into you, perhaps you've talked to her here and there and perhaps you haven't. You visualize her doing these things, visualize how you feel when she displays this interest for you, allow yourself to be relaxed in your body, focusing on your breath, etc... Imagine scenarios that haven't happened where you have a conversation and create space for her to be more of who she wants to be around you(who she really is). The place you're coming from when you do this is kinda a fine line though. Ultimately you would prefer to be coming from a place of just allowing her to be more of who she is and creating that for yourself and her and just feeling good. Now if you're just coming from a place of....I really want to fuck this chick. Well, I'm not gonna tell you don't do it because if that's where you're at currently then that's where you're at. And even from a healthy place there's gonna be a subtle amount of that wanting to fuck her going on...where it will hold you up though is if you can't let it go. The more you feel you need/want to fuck her the harder it will be to let the visualization go which is ultimately where you want to get to. You visualize it, create it subconsciously, then let it go to the universe and allow whatever happens to happen. No need to obsess and daydream about this girl everyday or something(I used to do this to an unhealthy level). It's about feeling good about what you envision your life looking like and being able to let it go and creating the space in your visualizations and ultimately in your life for people to be more of who they really are deep down around you.