Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Knowledge and tactics
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:10 pm 
I've recently turned away from the tactics side of everything because I'm more interested in getting in tune with myself and having peace of mind. It's been just under a month since I made the leap.

I am an INTJ and don't really consider myself excellent at manipulation, but I couldn't help but start stacking evidence, building hypotheses, and confirming them. It was purely out of curiosity. I teared up a little writing this last part about manipulation and don't know why. It may have something to do with how my mom always used to guilt trip me. I still refuse to be manipulated even if there is the possibility that I may win. You know like going along with something and then inserting your own will into it, mainly with women. I'm less staunch when it comes to work because it's necessary. Sometimes, I don't want to allow myself to be ball like the metaphor from Akagi even when it is the best option like now because I'm struggling to move out of my mom's house.

I didn't make it a point to talk much about this effect (result?) in this thread because the main point is to talk about realization I had about myself:

Pushups

Edit: I forgot to ask my question. Why is it that doing tactical things becomes easier when you work on yourself or that you develop tactical insights like reading quick and fleeting facial expressions?

My curiosity overtook me somewhat.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:24 pm 

Quote:
Edit: I forgot to ask my question. Why is it that doing tactical things becomes easier when you work on yourself or that you develop tactical insights like reading quick and fleeting facial expressions?
Because once you've gotten comfortable with yourself, you can then reallocate the mental resources you were using for yourself into paying attention to others. :geek:

But mainly, because SELF CONFIDENCE. :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:22 pm 

I've also found that the more I know myself, the more I know and can read other people. We're all extremely similar in our motivations and tactics in trying to satiate our ego, all it takes is some observation to see what avenues the person is using to achieve their goal.

Everything then becomes a piece of cake.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:44 pm 

I've found my facial expressions are far more fleeting if I have one or two drinks. In fact that has always been what I do when I go out. I can keep a okay poker face if I am in a bar without it. I am a much better actor with it though.

How can I translate that to soberness? It's like the connection to the emotion never gets made. The projection trick from Iceberg has never worked for me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:41 am 
The Kidd!! wrote:
Quote:
Because once you've gotten comfortable with yourself, you can then reallocate the mental resources you were using for yourself into paying attention to others. :geek:

But mainly, because SELF CONFIDENCE. :ugeek:
Wow, now that I think about. After that event in the bar from my pushups thread, I had a whole lot less self doubt than usual.
Altair wrote:
I've found my facial expressions are far more fleeting if I have one or two drinks. In fact that has always been what I do when I go out. I can keep a okay poker face if I am in a bar without it. I am a much better actor with it though.

How can I translate that to soberness? It's like the connection to the emotion never gets made. The projection trick from Iceberg has never worked for me.
I've never heard of a projection technique from Iceberg. Was this from reverse engineering the book PIMP or did you read the lost interviews or other books?

Or, do you mean the icy overlay that he always tried in the beginning. It was forced. It can't work. He admits that cocaine gave him the icy demeanor that he had because he was so high and confident from the cocaine that he couldn't care less about what happened. I'm going off of the book PIMP.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:36 am 

He basically projects how he is really feeling onto a mental screen and then keeps his face emotionless.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:18 pm 
Altair wrote:
He basically projects how he is really feeling onto a mental screen and then keeps his face emotionless.
Where did you find that?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:52 am 

I don't remember I never finished the book. It's been a couple years.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:35 pm 

I AM DISAPPOINT...BOTH OF YOU :|

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:57 pm 

It's not my fault the book couldn't keep my rapt attention ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:53 pm 
It must have been from the section where he was going crazy in prison. I'll have to revisit the book sometime in the near future when I have extra cash to start my apartment library. :mrgreen:

Back to Pushups.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:09 pm 

I'm sure you could find it for free somewhere.

I of course would have no idea where someone would do such a thing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:14 pm 
I want to own it for the sentimental value.

Like The Kidd!! the first book that opened my eyes to the matrix was the book PIMP: Story of my Life.

It's a shame I lost the public library's copy because it was an original version.