Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:57 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Personal Development
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:40 am 
I'm out of college now and have the time to contemplate some of the larger questions and directions of my life.

As it stands, I'm coming into the point in my life where I have to make some life changing decisions.

How did you handle this point in your life?

How would you suggest that a smoker go about entering physical fitness after quitting?

I'm finally reading the book Altair suggested about four or five months ago for quitting smoking because I'm out of school (that's how intensive my collegiate program was).

I'm also going to read David R. Hawkins "Let It Go", Adyashanti's, and others.

I was recently told to read the book "what color is your parachute." The CEO of an executive search firm suggested the book to me.

At this point, I know what I'm doing in the short term but have no long term vision.

What would you suggest as a way to plan for that?

Also, how is it that in my sample size of women that I've talked to over last week and a half of conversations haven't given a damn that I've graduated from college? It's the first thing out of my mouth. :mrgreen: That statement is followed by I'm going to go to MIT, Carnegie Mellon, or Harvard for business school. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

In my area, the college I went to is relatively unknown, which seems like a plausible expectation, but is a guy that's older than me--let's say 28-32--that much more enticing than me even if he has only a high school education?

I'm 23. I'll be 24 soon. Right now I give a couple fucks because I want to bust a graduation nut. :twisted: I had been working on it in the final days on campus after my last paper was finished, but I did not accomplish the goal.

Obviously my weight may have an impact because I'm 210 and only 6'1.

Post subject: Re: Personal Development
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:02 am 
Site Admin

Slim Titan wrote:
Also, how is it that in my sample size of women that I've talked to over last week and a half of conversations haven't given a damn that I've graduated from college? It's the first thing out of my mouth. :mrgreen: That statement is followed by I'm going to go to MIT, Carnegie Mellon, or Harvard for business school. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Because you want them to

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:37 pm 

Quote:
That was something I noticed when my clout solidified the first time as well. It was effective when my mindset solidified but not before.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:11 pm 

The key is not to make women aware that your schools are a big deal, but to be aware of which women consider your schools to be a big deal, if that's the front/clout you want to flaunt. :geek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:19 pm 

I've never noticed it to have a noticeable change on an interaction really. They become receptive to the right mindset but potential never seemed to register on their radar.

I just assumed that it was something they would begin to realize as I got older.

Besides even when they did ask or I told them in turned into a space war so they would be able to maintain control of the conversation and file me away as a potential workhorse later. No thank you lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:13 pm 
peregrinus wrote:
Slim Titan wrote:
Because you want them to
Damn, cigarettes really do damage the mind. I can't believe that I didn't mention the woman who's eyes lit up and pegged me with at least three more questions about herself who works at the bank I frequent. I didn't take notice of it.

You are most definitely right to some degree. Right now, I care about telling people, but in the past it hasn't made a difference either. However, circumstances have changed. I've graduated.
The Kidd!! wrote:
The key is not to make women aware that your schools are a big deal, but to be aware of which women consider your schools to be a big deal, if that's the front/clout you want to flaunt. :geek:
Good game. Done deal. I'll have to infiltrate some alumni circles in my area if they even hang out together.

I'm a non-smoker now.

Any advice on how to handle this important point in my life?

Any advice on how to get back into physical fitness now that I'm a recent non-smoker?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:10 am 

Actually, save the money you previously used on that stuff, Slim Titan.

(And I mean, don't buy something else with
that money, but really really SAVE it or
make it grow. )

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

Jared wrote:
Actually, save the money you previously used on that stuff, Slim Titan.

(And I mean, don't buy something else with
that money, but really really SAVE it or
make it grow. )
THIS!

DOUBLE THIS!

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:58 am 

Slim Titan wrote:
I'm out of college now and have the time to contemplate some of the larger questions and directions of my life.

As it stands, I'm coming into the point in my life where I have to make some life changing decisions.

How did you handle this point in your life?
Congrats on finishing college.

You're at a crossroad now. At this point u either make it or brake it, bro'. U either take a risk and become your own man, or get scared and hide, so to speak.

Move alone. Or with a roommate, but the point is to cut the connection and contact with your parents at least for a year. For a challenge, I suggest moving into a bigger city. Start fresh.

Slim Titan wrote:
How would you suggest that a smoker go about entering physical fitness after quitting?

I'm finally reading the book Altair suggested about four or five months ago for quitting smoking because I'm out of school (that's how intensive my collegiate program was).
I have read Allen Carr - The Easy Way to Stop Smoking and it fucking worked. Idk and I don't care why, but it did.
I suggest finding the guy that has the physical health that u want and learn from him.
Slim Titan wrote:
I'm also going to read David R. Hawkins "Let It Go", Adyashanti's, and others.

I was recently told to read the book "what color is your parachute." The CEO of an executive search firm suggested the book to me.

At this point, I know what I'm doing in the short term but have no long term vision.

U have to have a strong sense of purpose. Find your purpose. What are you here to do ? A true purpose is something that u do and doing it gives u the same amount of joy for the rest of your life. It's something that puts you in the moment and u don't give a fuck about time. Each and everyone has a purpose deep in our hearts. Search there. Find it and - the hardest part -> trully embrace it.

Mine is to paint. To paint the most beautiful things, to paint nature.. IN nature. ( search Bob Ross, that's my inspiration )
Slim Titan wrote:

In my area, the college I went to is relatively unknown, which seems like a plausible expectation, but is a guy that's older than me--let's say 28-32--that much more enticing than me even if he has only a high school education?
How did u express it ? What was underneath the statement ? It was "trying to impress them" energy ? Or a genuine excitement of your hard work energy ? Is that what u talk about with the women ? :lol: If u talk about that and I come in and introduce myself, look into her eyes, look her up and down at her body, tell her how good her parfume smells ( assuming her parfume smells good ), how I would love to meet her for a cup of coffee or tea, hand her my business card and walk away, who makes a bigger impact ? Who she will remember? Me or you ? :lol:

Also, why do u speak to women ? Especially beautiful women ? What is the end game ? To fuck them. That's the only reason we even speak to women, as men. Why aren't u honest about it ? If u want to fuck something but don't express it and let her know about your intention, u only lose respect for yourself, and she loses respect for you, also. Real men speak their minds!!!

"28-32--that much more enticing than me even if he has only a high school education?" :lol:

I will be 27 in august and I only have a high school education but you would say the same thing about me, too. 8-)
U can take care of yourself and your home, have a clean and welcoming "woman friendly" apartment, u can make yourself look good and sexy, u can have hobbies, u can read books and be intelligent and u can have a good social life regardless of your education. Trust me on this one. ;)
Slim Titan wrote:
I'm 23. I'll be 24 soon. Right now I give a couple fucks because I want to bust a graduation nut. :twisted: I had been working on it in the final days on campus after my last paper was finished, but I did not accomplish the goal.

Obviously my weight may have an impact because I'm 210 and only 6'1.
What I did to lose weight is stopped eating past 10:00 pm, stopped eating bread, drink only water, stopped eating carbohydrates ( snacks, all this type of shit ), stopped eating fast foods, rice, drastically reduce the amount of sugar I digest, I don't eat sweets, or very VERY rarely, and start eating more fish, chicken, fruits, vegetables, walk for a hour daily and exercise. In about 5, 6 months you will see results. I also do not drink alcohol neither smoke.

I hope this helps, but I have a feeling that u wouldn't do any of the stuff I just said. :lol: Even though is common sense-ish. :lol: What the hell do I know, right ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:48 am 

On july 1st is Belgium - USA at WC 2014. This is a waterhole. It's like you are a lion at a pond and all the zebras and antilopes came to drink. In human terms, people, but especially beautiful and gorgeous women will get together to watch the game somewhere outside, on a big projector screen or at a bar. Get off your fat ass and find these places and go there and have some fun, man! "Who will win?" or " WHo is your favourite player ?" is the ice breaker. It can't be more easier than this !!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:56 am 

DMD, I don't think slim has big girl problems and looking for a 'fix'. What I got was he was looking for advice to life after college and occupation.

I'm at the same spot as you slim, summer time and lots of free time to expand myself, accept I'm still in school.

Recently heard, "the worst vice is advice". -Devils Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:19 pm 

After school, most people have no idea what they really want to do. Sometimes you gotta stop looking, and just leap. :geek:

In terms of making money, take advantage of being young and consider taking a high risk route (not a job). Aim fucking high with the knowledge that you, realistically, have little to lose and lots to gain.

You can still get a 9-5 gig afterwards if things don't work out... though once you get used to sippin on congac, it's hard to go back to sucking down blue huggies. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

One of my managers once told me a little gem:

You only have to know a tiny bit more to appear a lot more knowledgeable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:18 pm 

Take boxing Slim, that is what I have been doing for the last few months...it gets you in way better shape than MMA imo. Only because they focus so heavily on conditioning, not to say that MMA fighters inhave that. They dont focus on it the classes they just teach you technical.

The other benefit is that its high intensity training which means

1. You get ripped.
2. The aerobic aspect of it benefits the entire body. Like the immune system, and increases how efficiently you brain can process glucose. Its main fuel.
3. Slows down your biological clock which means you age slower, and your brain maintains peak performance as you age.
4.You understand spacing, timing, and how to throw a punch if you ever need it.
5 Only a commitment of a 3-4 hours per week, and boxing is very cheap...like $30 a month or so.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:30 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
One of my managers once told me a little gem:

You only have to know a tiny bit more to appear a lot more knowledgeable.
Good gem.

-

That's cheap Altair. Around where I am boxing classes go for $100-150/month if not more.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:53 pm 

There has always been youth boxing clubs in whatever city I am in...they are cheap because that want kids to be able to go.

Just lucky I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:21 am 

Slim Titan wrote:

Start doing an array of physical activities, and you might find something you really enjoy doing(like biking), as opposed to something you think you ought to be doing(like dwelling in a gym). The only important action is to start something - what do you lean toward?

Quote:

I wouldn't worry about long term vision right now - let it come to you, because l/t visions, plans and goals always change. Life happens and we are forced to adapt. If you have a general idea then fine, but if you're 24 and trying to narrow down the path then it's no good. Think more broadly and about things seemingly not even associated with what you think your path is.

Quote:
Does it really surprise you that the slightly older guy has the premium on this college pussy? He didn't get a high school education, but what is he doing right now? Chances are that she doesn't give a hoot what the difference is between yours and his education - it is likely not on her immediate criteria. As you say, your college is unknown, so I wouldn't be counting on that to snare any pussy :lol:
Quote:
I'm sure that wasn't glaringly obvious to the ladies on campus either.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:18 pm 

Slim Titan wrote:
It's always on, so why give a fuck. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:51 pm 

The 28-32 year old guy is hypothetical.

It been said so many times....yes if he is reasonably successful. He has a leg up on you if you want to make them come to you.

What you should do is approach with the intent of ball stealing and then if they ask how old you are lie. You could pass for 27 or so. Then when she finds out just smile and be like would you have talked to me otherwise.

And on another note your school won't matter as much as getting a good job...money talks.
I also feel that clout doesn't become a discerning factor until they are starting to want to look for a provider anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:29 pm 

Altair wrote:
I also feel that clout doesn't become a discerning factor until they are starting to want to look for a provider anyways.
The discerning factor, is, when a man becomes a sucker
and actually slips into this provider male-cow-manure.

You build it for yourself.