Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: quick question
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:02 am 

I sometimes read an expression "stealing the ball" on this forum.
What do you man by this?

Post subject: Re: quick question
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:48 pm 

Read stuff :ugeek:

This has been covered many times.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

Stealing the ball

Means exactly what it says on the tin

The other party has the ball and you take it back

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:40 pm 

hmmm.... :) THANKS :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:52 am 

I had this question too a while back.

The way I see it, its when the girl THINKS that you are more interested/invested/committed than she is. Then you do something or some event happens that demonstrates the reality of the situation. She thought she had possession of the ball and she could choose drive on you or not. But then just like that you have the ball, and she's left chasing you as you streak down the court for the easy basket.

Sometimes letting a girl think you are into her/chasing her a bit is the only way to get her attention and interact with her enough for her to realize she is attracted to you. Her attraction builds while she has the ball, and then when you steal the ball from her and demonstrate that you are actually in control, now she is at your mercy, and you can chose to dunk on her if you like.

Classic examples:
Kidd's keeper: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=904&p=7877&hilit=keeper#p7877
My housemate: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3406&start=40#p33505

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:06 pm 

Meraki wrote:
The way I see it, its when the girl THINKS that you are more interested/invested/committed than she is. Then you do something or some event happens that demonstrates the reality of the situation.

I got three thoughts regarding that:

1. If that is the reality of the situation of course. What if I am more invested one? I know I am supposed to be indifferent but if I am not I will not make myself indiffrent just by repeating myself that I am. I dont believe in affirmations.

2. The way I saw it was that if she was in my head she has the ball. If I am more in her head the ball is mine. Which boils down to indifference again.

3. You wrote " girl THINKS" which could mean you could be more invested than her as long as she thinks she is the invested one. Would this mean I still got the ball in a situation like that or would it show up in an incongruent behaviour and the ball would be hers?

By the way nicely put answer Meraki. I have been enjoying a lot of your writing recently. And thanks for the links I will read it again so maybe I find answers to what I just wrote.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:26 pm 

I cant edit anymore. There is no number 3. Its total false logic there. I think I know what "stealing the ball" means. cheers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:48 pm 

Don't stress too much about getting it perfect..no one makes their first jump. :geek:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:22 pm 

Rider wrote:
1. If that is the reality of the situation of course. What if I am more invested one? I know I am supposed to be indifferent but if I am not I will not make myself indiffrent just by repeating myself that I am. I dont believe in affirmations.
In this case, you should thank the girl for showing you what you need to see about yourself, forcing you to look at something you didn't want to look at. For being the trigger you needed at that moment to trigger you to go deeper and do more work on yourself.

Then you should take the hint and get back to work. Do your pushups.

I don't believe there is some finish line that you cross, where now you are indifferent and thats it, you're done. Its more like you feel indifferent, you don't get attached, but then some new girl/situation comes up and triggers you and you realize that you're not indifferent, and you do some more work. You do your work on the attachment, overcome it and now maybe you feel indifferent again for a longer time, maybe months, maybe years, but eventually something may trigger you again.

Even if nothing ever comes up again that triggers you and you have reach the place of complete total 100% indifference, there's still nothing that announces that fact. Its just that you go longer and longer and nothing triggers your feelings of attachment. It doesn't mean something still can't - its just that it hasn't. The moment you announce "I have reached ultimate and complete indifference - I'm done, finished, I have arrived," is the moment your ego and your hubris sets you up for failure again, because now you're attached to the idea of being indifferent. You're not indifferent about your indifference.

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:24 pm 

Quote:
You're not indifferent about your indifference.
Sure the fuck ain't 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:03 pm 

You can definitely raise your indifference level to something way higher than you would likely need for practical purposes ( external use) just for the lols.

Endless fun :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:02 am 

Altair wrote:
You can definitely raise your indifference level to something way higher than you would likely need for practical purposes ( external use) just for the lols.

Endless fun :twisted:
Hey Altair. Can you elaborate on that?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:28 pm 

Your indifference is pretty much like your power level in dragon ball z. The higher it is the more fun you can have :mrgreen:.

It's not perfect indifference because you can see little fuck ups but your the only one who can see them.

For example I was out last night and noticed some micro things in my indifference but it didn't stop 3 separate girls from lap dancing on me lol while I was having a beer with my friend. And one of them was gorgeous.

Fun times :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:32 pm 

Quote:
For example I was out last night and noticed some micro things in my indifference but it didn't stop 3 separate girls from lap dancing on me lol while I was having a beer with my friend. And one of them was gorgeous.
:twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:12 pm 

I'm beginning to really appreciate how as they age they have to compete not only with themselves but also with the "younger models". So awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:25 pm 

Altair wrote:
I'm beginning to really appreciate how as they age they have to compete not only with themselves but also with the "younger models". So awesome.
Oh yeah...it's a seller's market. 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:14 pm 

Actually got something I have been curious about for a while.

As a guy value peaks much later, but do we have a shelf life in the sense that women do? Or will indifference and front/clout always be enough?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:02 pm 

Altair wrote:
Actually got something I have been curious about for a while.

As a guy value peaks much later, but do we have a shelf life in the sense that women do? Or will indifference and front/clout always be enough?
Our shelf life lies in our health, physical condition, and what you will or won't deal with.

The first 2 explain why I say stay in shape. The last one...well, if you're 70 and turning down willing 50 year olds to chase 30 year olds, you may want to get your head examined. :geek:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:26 pm 

Not gonna lie, I don't wanna date 50 year olds at 70.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:37 pm 

Altair wrote:
Not gonna lie, I don't wanna date 50 year olds at 70.
Get back to me when you're 70 ;)