Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:24 am 

Hey Kidd,

I couldn't help but notice how you mentioned Iron Man's Proton Cannon from mvc (well mvc 2 as he was not a chooseable character in the first one). So with that being said, why not take a look at this upgrade!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp0vlyCCkQQ

My Best friend, brother and I used to play mvc all the damn time. The only difference is I sucked as they were crazy nice at the game!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:23 pm 

sniper wrote:
If Zan was messing around with one of his followers wife or girlfriend I bet they would not say:
Oh this is OK ;)
Actually, from what I've seen, they probably would. :lol:

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:21 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
I was part of a group that ran a study in a few counties in the UK doing DNA analysis on newborn children, for inherited genes, it was based around tracking certain hereditary conditions, whether they were passed more along the maternal or paternal gene lines. Quite interesting stuff.

The results did not match up, some things that should have been passed down the paternal line were missing from the children in some cases, these are conditions that ARE passed down, so it was odd that they were not. So a thorough investigation of the samples was started.

Anyway, one of the things that did come out of it was that around 32% of the children's DNA did not match that of the father who's DNA was given as the father. This ended up invalidating the study as it affected the results so much.

The samples were anonymised, ie no names or ages or stuff, but kept together in family groups (mother/father/child), at first we thought that some of the samples had been mixed up but it was such a percentage that there was doubt about that.

They re-ran the study a year later and came up with a similar figure then as well, after using much more rigourous conditions for collection and storage of samples.

Needless to say, that little result was not passed onto the parents. (or onto the authorities, though I believe that through other studies they are aware Pof it and have been for a LONG time)
. It has become a lot easier for this to happen nowadays that this practice is relaxed, but it has gone on all along.
Peregrinus, I am quite curious. Why exactly was this study not released to the authorities, let alone the public? I'm sure it would cause quite an uproar, provided people can be made to believe the results. Or was it precisely that people wouldn't believe, no matter how much proof?

Also, besides the people of this forum and those involved in the research, who else knows of this research? I have read this thread several times but never thought to ask these questions until now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

Ray wrote:
Why exactly was this study not released to the authorities, let alone the public?
Ray wrote:
I'm sure it would cause quite an uproar.
Why do I feel you answered your own question...

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:20 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
Ray wrote:
Why exactly was this study not released to the authorities, let alone the public?
Ray wrote:
I'm sure it would cause quite an uproar.
Why do I feel you answered your own question...
Haha ya, now I remember why I never asked those questions. The unrest (economic, social, etc) the announcement would make outweighs any changes to the marriage scene (or whatever it's called).