Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:57 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:21 pm 

Edit by admin. This was a question for The Kidd....

Hey Kidd I have a question about something ManniJa wrote but not in regards to women...

so on this thread:

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... 197#p17197

ManniJa:
Quote:
Lol! What I mean is that in every interaction one person is always perceived as higher value; the one that doesn't give a fuck about the interaction and thinks they're above the other person and the one trying to seek acceptance and validation because of that. If you're dealing with some big shot CEO you bet it's a battle with him, with the chick bagging your groceries, not so much.
I'll give an example and then ask my question....

Two guys are in an interaction:

A. these guys work at the same job and have the position...
&
B. two friends are in an interaction

notice the examples I gave above are not about a worker dealing with a CEO or with someone you need to buy something from.

Now the question:

in the two examples I gave above: is one person going to try to seek acceptance and validation?

I ask because when I'm with my friends at work or my friends outside work: I don't feel as if I'm trying to seek acceptance and validation from them and I don't feel as if they are trying to seek acceptance and validation from Me.

If I met you for a drink I wouldn't try to seek acceptance and validation from you and you would not try to seek it from me....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:37 pm 

When you bring the intangibles into play, someone is ALWAYS of higher value, even if only slightly. You not seeking approval doesn't change that. :geek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:46 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
When you bring the intangibles into play, someone is ALWAYS of higher value, even if only slightly. You not seeking approval doesn't change that. :geek:
Ok I see. So there can never be 50\50 between two guys having an interaction?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:13 pm 

Sniper wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
Ok I see. So there can never be 50\50 between two guys having an interaction?
On the surface? Sure. 8-)

Behind the scenes? Never. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:17 pm 
Site Admin

Sniper: one mistake you are making is thinking this is static.

It is changeable, from minute to minute, hour to hour, day to day, month to month.

You may think you are 50/50, however there will be fluctuations which will swing it.
There will always be small fluctuations depending on the situation, location, surroundings, internal states, external influences. The closer you think you are to 50/50, the more effect these will have in swinging things.

e.g. Say you are 50/50 (following your example) - your friend may be having an awesome day, so that will swing it somewhat. Or another day, you will be, hence it will swing your way.
One day you may be discussing a subject you know more about, so your value will be higher. Another day it will be his that is higher. Depending on your internal structures this will change things more or less.

If you are 40/60, then this swing will have less effect. 20/80 even less. 0/100 none.

It would be extremely unlikely for it to be 50/50, as that is balancing on a knife edge.. It is far more likely to tip one way or the other, however imperceptibly (small amount). Someone always cares more.

This is dynamic, not static.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:30 pm 

Thanks 'Grinus. :mrgreen:

Snipes, your black and white thinking is striking again. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:01 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Clout is the backbone that verifies your front. Example: if two dudes are in a club, dressed exactly the same, sportin' iced out rollies, and pushing tight rides, then their fronts are equal. Chances are that women will flock to the both of them. Now, let it be found out that whereas one guy is a doctor, the other works two jobs, has maxed out credit cards, and lives day to day. This would make a big impact on society's impression of that individual. This is why clout is so important, much more important than a front.
Sniper it is never equal.

one might think he is more muscular than the other. one might think he's smarter than the other. one might think he has less success in life than the other. there are sooooooooooooooo many things running behind the scenes it isn't funny. :| (serious face)

if both guys above were friends and knew everything about each other, who do you think may act ( not a must) haughtier, Mnnnnnnm?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:38 pm 

People will also try to instill doubts in you in order to raise their perceived value.

What do you guys do when someone is trying to use aggressive power games on you. But it doesn't seem big enough to call them on. An example would be my friend having a phone he wanted me to see so he did one of those come here hand gestures like he was the authority figure.

I was in. Rush to get my stuff packed so I told him no and he came over but little stuff like that really fucks with me :| .

I don't know how to handle the little stuff but have no problem with conflict when it's overt and verbal. I guess it stems from being very all or nothing ( passive-aggressive) I let it slide till it reaches the last straw.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:13 am 

Sniper, like 'Grinus said it's not static, hence the art of ball stealing.

It's not only possible to ball steal with women, but male "friends" and other people as well.

Like if the pattern is you're always calling your male friends first or sucking up to your boss or whatever and you are a bit needy and approval seeking...then one day you realize it, get sick of it and have a belief shift and are like "Fuck it" and don't talk to them until they contact you and are indifferent about the whole thing, they'll be like "Hey man, what's shak'n, everything cool?" You just became higher value than them in their eyes and stole that muthafuck'n ball.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."