Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 am 

Aside from the movie being a great metaphor for the social matrix, notice Trinity wasn't all over Tank or Cypher's nutz, but Neo's because he was the one...and before that it was because of his "potential", "The oracle said I'd fall in love with the one, so you have to be the one". Rather elementary shit, but a great job by the writers for playing it out that way. Oh ya and a question I guess; Have you ever been in the eye of a shitacane or the path of a shitsnami title wave?

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:22 pm 

wow I also forgot about that :)
Yea, the one is high social value (in the movie...) so even before they had a 'relationship' she knew
she was going to get the high status male 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:24 pm 

Very nice! :mrgreen:

Now...about those shitbirds... :|

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

Sniper wrote:
Yea, the one is high social value (in the movie...) so even before they had a 'relationship' she knew she was going to get the high status male 8-)
ManniJa wrote:
"The oracle said I'd fall in love with the one, so you have to be the one".
Look at it from the other side. I read this all very differently from you.

She already knew he was the one, before she met him.

She had to fall in love with him, as he was the one, to match up with what she had been told and believed.

She had a relationship with him because she was told she would.

--

Yes, I have been through a hurricane, quite a serene and calm place in the eye of the storm.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:56 pm 

peregrinus wrote:

She had to fall in love with him, as he was the one, to match up with what she had been told and believed.

--

Yes, I have been through a hurricane, quite a serene and calm place in the eye of the storm.
Does this represent social conditioning ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

fufe wrote:
peregrinus wrote:

--

Does this represent social conditioning ?
More like self convincing, and thereby 100% belief in the 'destiny' or 'serendipity'

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:58 pm 

Trinity's Cat was jumping for Neo the Moment she met him. Morpheus had been keeping track of him, saying that he "was" or, "going to be The One" from before he was taken from the Matrix. The Oracle told her "what" she needed to hear...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:30 am 

Prodigy wrote:
Trinity's Cat was jumping for Neo the Moment she met him. Morpheus had been keeping track of him, saying that he "was" or, "going to be The One" from before he was taken from the Matrix. The Oracle told her "what" she needed to hear...
8-)

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:25 am 

Prodigy wrote:
Trinity wanted the man with the most 'status' even before she met Neo in person.

if Neo was just an avrage nerd who needed to be unplugged from the matrix and not 'the one', I don't think Trinity would have fell for him. There were alpha males in Zion (and Neo was a nerd....).....

Also, would Trinity fall in love with a beta male from Zion who was just a mechanic or something like that?

it's like Lois Lane never gave a shit about Clark Kant in the original movies- but once she saw 'Superman' boom 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:38 am 

Sniper, there might have been alpha males in Zion, but

here is the Kicker....

Non of them had what it took to be MASTER OF THE MATRIX!
if Trinity was to get with the Male with the most Status ( before she met Neo) , she would have gotten with Morpheus.

Morpheus Believed "the one" was still unplugged.
The Oracle told her that she would fall in love with "the one"

NEO did everything better than all his predecessors. Neo was a Savior.
Morpheus made it clear that all the people who tried before Neo had failed, but he saw something else in Neo and Trinity began to see it too.

and yes, Neo was a Nerd.
all the Women in the Matrix Movies had a thing for Neo 8-) , even the Oracle.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:57 am 

Prodigy wrote:
Sniper, there might have been alpha males in Zion, but

here is the Kicker....

Non of them had what it took to be MASTER OF THE MATRIX!
if Trinity was to get with the Male with the most Status ( before she met Neo) , she would have gotten with Morpheus.

Morpheus Believed "the one" was still unplugged.
The Oracle told her that she would fall in love with "the one"

NEO did everything better than all his predecessors. Neo was a Savior.
Morpheus made it clear that all the people who tried before Neo had failed, but he saw something else in Neo and Trinity began to see it too.

and yes, Neo was a Nerd.
all the Women in the Matrix Movies had a thing for Neo 8-) , even the Oracle.
Isn't it ironic that we can see through the matrix in the matrix :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:29 am 

:mrgreen:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:47 am 

Therefore, Trinity was basically a X-factor ?

And girls fall for nerds, too.. Well at least nerdy girls and Trinity was a hacker, so.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:34 pm 

fufe wrote:
Therefore, Trinity was basically a X-factor ?

And girls fall for nerds, too.. Well at least nerdy girls and Trinity was a hacker, so.. :mrgreen:
from what I saw some girls fall for nerds who they see have potential to make money or have some high social value in some niche: like computer programmers or guys that are going to have a PhD in some niche....

so it's not the 'nerd character' they fall for but the value they see in the guy.

Also, there are girls who are good looking but really stupid and since the nerd guy is smart, it gives them social value to hang around with him because people are going to say: wow that smart dude chose "her" so maybe she is not just a pretty face....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:48 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
Sniper wrote:
Yea, the one is high social value (in the movie...) so even before they had a 'relationship' she knew she was going to get the high status male 8-)
ManniJa wrote:
"The oracle said I'd fall in love with the one, so you have to be the one".
Look at it from the other side. I read this all very differently from you.

--

This makes me think of Neo as well. Morpheus was convinced he was "the one", but what if he wasn't? What if it was just the belief that Morpheus implanted inside his head that made him think that he could bend the rules of the matrix? When you think about it there really isn't any reason Morpheus or Trinity couldn't bend the rules of the matrix. It was their belief that Neo was the only one that could which held them back. Kind of similar to real life how people don't have enough confidence in themselves to change.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:27 am 

freespirit422 wrote:
This makes me think of Neo as well. Morpheus was convinced he was "the one", but what if he wasn't? What if it was just the belief that Morpheus implanted inside his head that made him think that he could bend the rules of the matrix? When you think about it there really isn't any reason Morpheus or Trinity couldn't bend the rules of the matrix. It was their belief that Neo was the only one that could which held them back. Kind of similar to real life how people don't have enough confidence in themselves to change.
Morpheus & Trinity couldn't bend the rules of the matrix (according to the movie) because they were not advanced enough.- again this is according to the movie....

if everyone could break the rules of the matrix then all the guys that were unpluged would be 'the one'

the movie had some 'messiah' elements in it. It's kind of like: according to Buddhism everyone can become like Buddha, yet no monk in our day and age has reached the level of Buddha yet- or at least not very many....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:12 pm 

Sniper wrote:
freespirit422 wrote:
Morpheus & Trinity couldn't bend the rules of the matrix (according to the movie) because they were not advanced enough.- again this is according to the movie....

if everyone could break the rules of the matrix then all the guys that were unpluged would be 'the one'

the movie had some 'messiah' elements in it. It's kind of like: according to Buddhism everyone can become like Buddha, yet no monk in our day and age has reached the level of Buddha yet- or at least not very many....
I just found it interesting how in that whole movie it's never really explained why Neo can break the rules, he just can. Sure he's "the one", but it doesn't really explain why he's "the one". I think it just comes down to him being able to do it because he believes he can. I think in one scene Morpheus states, "He's beginning to believe."