Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:38 am 

I also highly doubt everyone here shares my views above, I am not coming from a 'pimp' place on the women perspective or share all the same sentiments (Sniper will certainly tell you that, haha) but noone has ever made me feel unwelcome here. Quite the opposite -- because at the core this seems like rare group of guys where the point is finding out who you are, seeing through the bullshit and manning up, without it being centered around some "philosophy", PUA character or particular technique that we all need to adopt the lingo and terminology for.. after which of course money and women will fall from the sky. If you want to see a religious forum join almost any one centered around a certain technique or 'teaching,' or even better, one about a 'home business opportunity' :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:07 am 

@foofatron

what Scarf said sums it up pretty good.
Sure religious people or to put it better: people who believe- might act under different sets of values (I'm talking about people who really believe not people who are religious or say they believe just because that's how they grew up or are trying to use religion as a tool to get something). However, even people who really believe have human nature and human nature is never without flaws.

If we are talking about women- a woman who is looking for a strong man to lead her will not give up that Need even if she is very into religion or really believes...

people who really believe and also live by the core values of their religion are usually better people (from what I saw) but notice how I emphasize:
people who really believe and live by the core values of their religion.

The Crusades for example were the opposite of the real message in the core of Christianity and still people did it because people used Christianity as a tool for their egoic reasons.

now women who really believe and live by it can be better women than women who only do stuff to satisfy their own selfish ego But...that goes for women who really believe and live by it.

not all women who are 'religious' really believe. Some try to use religion as a way to make their life better or maybe they are afraid that if they leave religion they will lose their family, friends and their social circles.

Also women's needs are a part of their human nature and therefore can't be changed.
an example for a need is A strong man who leads...

if a woman who believes marries a weak Man who never leads and gives her all his power- she will never be happy even if she stays with him and I'm sure she won't make his life very pleasant.

I hope this makes sense, I'm having some diffuculty putting my thoughts into words esp. with the language barrier.

If Scarf or Grinus or someone else wants to explain this better go right ahead.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:46 am 

It's a theory in psychology called cognitive dissonance. Me make decisions and then back them up with outside evidence after.

Its a way to absolve guilt over decisions

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:58 am 

Since I started a somewhat 'asshole' mode with foofatron, might finish how I started ...
Sniper wrote:
what Scarf said sums it up pretty good.
NO, that's why NOBODY REPLIES.
What was waid sums it up. point. There was nothing more to say.
Sniper wrote:
Sure religious people or to put it better: people who believe- might act under different sets of values (I'm talking about people who really believe not people who are religious or say they believe just because that's how they grew up or are trying to use religion as a tool to get something). However, even people who really believe have human nature and human nature is never without flaws.
I don't like it, I will explain it in the Christianity part

Sniper wrote:
people who really believe and also live by the core values of their religion are usually better people (from what I saw) but notice how I emphasize:
people who really believe and live by the core values of their religion.

The Crusades for example were the opposite of the real message in the core of Christianity and still people did it because people used Christianity as a tool for their egoic reasons.
Religions have NO core values related to their 'messiah'.
Jesus said (well so I heard) "Love thy neighbour as thyself", "I'm the son of God, we're all his children", "Do onto others what you would have them do to you".

Christianity says : Come on sundays to the church, give me money, buy some goodies (necklaces, crosses, ...), let your children play with our 'holy grail' and we cool.
Oh yeah, and I'll use the money to invade other countries, kill everyone who doesn't want to submit to the holy teachings of Jesus.

foofatron, if you still read this, I'm NOT HATING, just saying what is on history books, the news, everything around you ... (oh yeah, Jesus said to live a modest life, without money -> Look at the churches ... modest right ?) PROOFS, FACTS over BELIEFS
Sniper wrote:
now women who really believe and live by it can be better women than women who only do stuff to satisfy their own selfish ego But...that goes for women who really believe and live by it.

not all women who are 'religious' really believe. Some try to use religion as a way to make their life better or maybe they are afraid that if they leave religion they will lose their family, friends and their social circles.
NOT A SINGLE ONE (man or woman) who 'really believe' IS RELIGIOUS.
Being religious means relying on another authority, which is contrary to EVERYTHING Jesus, Buddha and others said.
Morpheus wrote:
It's a theory in psychology called cognitive dissonance. Me make decisions and then back them up with outside evidence after.

Its a way to absolve guilt over decisions
How to be biased 101 :mrgreen:
Deciding beforehand what you're gonna believe, focusing on things that could prove it, and ignoring everything that is contrary ? :mrgreen:

And this is why Kidd and Grinus decided not to talk about the religious matrix. Silly me.

Well, time for me to read older posts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:23 pm 

GoldenBoy wrote:
This I'll admit to have thought over it many times "If they don't like women so much, why do they still talk about their experiences with them ...".
Some may correct me if I'm wrong, but the conclusion I reached is that when they criticize women, they don't criticize THE WOMEN they 'agree' to spend time with and enjoy themselves (in the case of Kidd, all the early posts were positive towards her ex before she screwed up badly).
THEY SAY THESE THINGS TO TEACH NEW MEMBERS (or older ones which have difficulty swallowing (pun intended *coughs*) the way things are, which EVERYONE can see if they OPEN their eyes, and stop discrediting things (-> coincidences, giving reasons, encouraging those behaviours).
Sometimes I wondered if life would be better just to cut them out. Like I said in first post I was sick of seeing women as the prize from other guys. Not these guys, but most guys in life. Makes sense.
GoldenBoy wrote:
Everybody is brainwashed, it's just a matter of which brainwashing actually benefits you.
I used to hate when people said if you taught your kids about God you brainwashed them. I would be like your brainwashing them with your own beliefs.
GoldenBoy wrote:
There is NO power outside of you.
Theres many accounts of miracles, healings, etc throughout time. This http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_M%C3%BCller is an example relying on God. Not saying sit at home and expect food to show up.
GoldenBoy wrote:
There is a difference between blindly following a religion (giving money, time, kids :evil: ) and being in line with the actual 'teachings'.
Most people assume by believing in Jesus you must be religious glad you don't. Churches use to be house churches. The giving would help out the people in the church and people like Paul who traveled.
GoldenBoy wrote:
Any tensions in your body while listening to this ? What does it tell you ?
First time I felt nothing. As of writing I agreed with you somewhat and a little nervous that I mentioned miracles and healing. Doesn't seem to go over well with most nonbelievers. Most I've been healed of is wrist pain I had for I think 2 months with no signs of getting better. I instantly felt better, but by a week - 2 weeks I was 100%. My friend was healed of an incurable disease there was however a 15% chance the disease would go away. My other friend is recovering from cancer had surgery yesterday to remove fluid think hes fine now.
Flow83 wrote:
There is no absolute truth
I believe God is objective however the mirror thing has made me wonder how subjective humans are.
Flow83 wrote:
Let's not even get started on the stuff he said that was intentionally left out of the Bible.

Didn't like most. Like the Gospel of Thomas just pointless... Like a edit of one of the gospels except with less meaning.
Flow83 wrote:
If you think that if you took 10 million religious people, and 10 million "non religious" people, put them in a variety of social and intense situations, that the religious people would overwhelmingly act differently, be wiser, more protected, act with more integrity, then you ARE brainwashed. The ratios would be about the same and there would be good, bad, ugly on both sides. To be discussing religious women vs. non religious women falls into the exact same analogy.
I agree. Religious could mean party Saturday and go to church on Sunday or Mother Teresa.
Flow83 wrote:
'home business opportunity'
Oh boy please. Bad experience lol?

Sniper I agree with you almost 100%.
In a way I think a man who chose God, for example early rome chose to die than renounce Christ a man. Doesn't matter if the wife would leave him or he dies. Remember Jesus and the money changers he wasn't saying be a doormat.

Religion is I think the biggest tool to manipulate people. True Christianity I believe is a personal relationship with Jesus.

Flow83 how do you take verse like John 3:16 and others (Resurrection) that proclaim the divinity of Christ? Is your approach like Thomas Jefferson? Also Goldenboy you said a core value was "I'm the son of God, we're all his children" interested to see your perspective. Never heard that perspective before.

I wasn't always a Christian and I have questioned my faith. However I'm sure now and yes I'm biased, but so are we all. I'm far from perfect and I struggle with pride and anger just like you all.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:35 pm 

foofatron wrote:
True Christianity I believe is a personal relationship with Jesus.
this is what I mean...
some religious organizations and churches are following the true message and some just use it to control people and get money and power.

for example:
The Catholic Church in the old days (I don't know how it's like today) used to accumulate a lot of wealth while people on the streets were hungry...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:37 pm 

Yep...this thread has definitely taken a wrong turn for the irrelevant worse. :?

All I can do is :arrow: :lol: to keep from :cry:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:41 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Yep...this thread has definitely taken a wrong turn for the irrelevant worse. :?

All I can do is :arrow: :lol: to keep from :cry:
From the start, the question of religion (religious women acting differently than others) was irrelevant.

Now if I had to take it personally (because I in a way encouraged the subject to deviate from the subject) :

Kidd, I'm glad that you laughed (whether with us or at us ;))

I was pushing the reflection, to see the end of the tunnel, see if that smells funny ...

Though this could be my 'current curse', not talking or writing for so long that all the shit I've read/watched get bottled up until I end up throwing it up (literally, well not THAT literally), it's sort of a cleansing, foofatron was just the stimulus.

Now to clarify,
Quote:
Also Goldenboy you said a core value was "I'm the son of God, we're all his children"
I heard it recently on Bo Burnham live (was a joke that if he's the only Son of God, but that we are all his children, "help us as we struggle with the temptations of lesbianism, amen"), but heard the phrase before so gave it credit.

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT MY BELIEFS (they are as meaningless as anyone else opinions in my opinion)
I just caught your phrase about your relation with god and poke on you, see how you would react. That's all.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:52 pm 

Haha. You yanked me out and I should have stayed there.

Couldn't be less interested in discussing religious concepts and what we "agree with" or not. If you want to explore your own inner experience then I'm all in. If you want to cross check them with books and teachings then that's what scholars are for.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:22 pm 

guys, I understand you don't want to talk about religion, don't believe in it or whatever
but remember we are not here to shut down discussions so please stay kind.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:50 pm 

Sniper wrote:
guys, I understand you don't want to talk about religion, don't believe in it or whatever
but remember we are not here to shut down discussions so please stay kind.
All good buddy - I was asked some specific questions and realized this is a road I can't go down, and not because "i know better" or anything like that, if anything it's the opposite. It is coming from such a completely different paradigm than mine (I am not a Christian, I do think Jesus was a master and great teacher- there is an enormous difference between these two things) an endlessly long topic better for me to just stay out of. When you start talking about specifics of books/writings and what they mean, what is 'correct' and stuff like that, i'm not being glib when I say that it is questions better to ask scholars and that i have *no* business answering, nor do I even have an "opinion" about them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:10 am 

I'm open to the concept of a higher power, it makes sense. I cannot rationalize it in the sense you would a math problem or a science experiment.

And some of the stuff that is attributed to Jesus is quite profound.

But that's not the message of the bible. Most people that call themselves Christians havent even read it. :geek:

Does god have the omnipotence to change his future mind?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:16 am 

The main difference in paradigms is whether you believe that higher power is in the form of an entity that you project human characteristics onto -- God as a being/guy.. something who could possibly have a "mind", you are lowly and to win his approval, be granted his grace. The other is that you are intrinsically one and the same with it, and that the creation of the ego/identity is you completely identifying yourself as a separate thing.

If you, I mean you reading this, were infinitely powerful -- then you would be powerful enough to convince yourself that you are not

The latter you actually can explore, in ways almost like a science experiment (to a point) advaita vedanta has a very 'scientific' element to it.

Whether you use terms like finding your own inner power, being your own best friend (sorry to rope you into this dude, haha), the deeper at the core of it is that it's you-- "The kingdom of heaven is within you"-- this one you can actually explore and LOOK for yourself, and it's the essence of good inner work whether you use spiritual terms and call that indescribable source of power "God" or give it no such connotation, and how deep you go down the rabbit hole the closer you see that all of this was an illusion.. or 'the matrix'.

I am *only* interested in that exploration and whatever helps you do it. Debating scripture and deciding what you 'agree with' or not (what's the part of you that resonates with it or not? that's more interesting) - what did Jesus really do or not do, is he this and you that, to me it is irrelevant, it's a red herring. My opinion from what he says is that he is more interested in you looking yourself than talking about him.

This is just my perspective, but that being where I'm coming from, you can see how many conversations around this topic will do no good for either party :)

Guess I can't stay out of it. Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:14 am 

Flow83 wrote:
Guess I can't stay out of it. Oh well.
:lol: