Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Luigi Pirandello quotes
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:42 pm 

Wiki
Luigi Pirandello was an Italian dramatist, novelist, poet, and short story writer whose greatest contributions were his plays. He was awarded the 1934 Nobel Prize in Literature for "his almost magical power to turn psychological analysis into good theatre." Pirandello's works include novels, hundreds of short stories, and about 40 plays, some of which are written in Sicilian. Pirandello's tragic farces are often seen as forerunners of the Theatre of the Absurd.

Quote:
You'll learn at your expense that in life's long journey you will meet many masks and few true faces.

Logic is one thing, the human animal another. You can quite easily propose a logical solution to something and at the same time hope in your heart of hearts it won't work out.

Every true man, sir, who is a little above the level of the beasts and plants does not live for the sake of living, without knowing how to live; but he lives so as to give a meaning and a value of his own to life.

Anyone can be heroic from time to time, but a gentleman is something you have to be all the time.

The history of mankind is the history of ideas.

Nature uses human imagination to lift her work of creation to even higher levels.

It is misery, you know, unspeakable misery for the man who lives alone and who detests sordid, casual affairs; not old enough to do without women, but not young enough to be able to go and look for one without shame!

You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow.

I present myself to you in a form suitable to the relationship I wish to achieve with you.
The full quote : Inevitably we construct ourselves. Let me explain. I enter this house and immediately I become what I have to become, what I can become: I construct myself. That is, I present myself to you in a form suitable to the relationship I wish to achieve with you. And, of course, you do the same with me.

When you say you are in love with humanity, you are well satisfied with yourself.
Many books available on b-ok.cc or libgen