Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Striving for meaning
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:41 pm 

Altair wrote: *
Was the elephant analogy in the videos?
Samadhi part 2 2:30. I am interested in hearing your opinion on this.
Quote:
The Greeks had two types of time. Chronos and Kairos. They are the ones that wrote the New Testament so the original translations carry this double meaning that isn't present in English where we only have one type of time.

Chronos is linear time that we recognize, Kairos is Eternal Time (God's time). The cross represents linear time (the horizontal post) and Kairos (the vertical post). Put together it represents where Eternity intersected with Chronos.

I'm just planting seeds someone might come across one day.
Never heard of this intersection thing before( having been raised by Christians). I am Greek and you are correct!

Jim Morrison

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:28 am 

Hank Moody wrote: *
Never heard of this intersection thing before( having been raised by Christians). I am Greek and you are correct!
Time isn't what we think it is :ugeek:. It's so cool though 8-)

I have a book you may be interested in. It traces out the history and all of the philosophical currents that have driven society since 1054. Stuff like feminism that this forum deals with plays a role in the big picture but there's much more to it than that.

http://orthodoxaustralia.org/wp-content ... course.pdf

Maybe I went to the wrong video that one was talking about the tower of Babel. Which by the way the buildings for the European Union are modeled after. It's not a symbol for the gateway of the mind.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:51 pm 

Altair wrote: *
Hank Moody wrote: *
Time isn't what we think it is :ugeek:. It's so cool though 8-)

I have a book you may be interested in. It traces out the history and all of the philosophical currents that have driven society since 1054. Stuff like feminism that this forum deals with plays a role in the big picture but there's much more to it than that.

http://orthodoxaustralia.org/wp-content ... course.pdf
I will check it out, thank you for the recommendation!
Quote:
Maybe I went to the wrong video that one was talking about the tower of Babel. Which by the way the buildings for the European Union are modeled after. It's not a symbol for the gateway of the mind.
No it is the correct video watch from 2:30 to 5:30 (Samdhi part 2).

Jim Morrison

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:23 am 

Quote:
No it is the correct video watch from 2:30 to 5:30 (Samdhi part 2).
Ah okay, this is a good question.

I've heard the elephant analogy before. So what they are saying is that there is some underlying reality, but if that's true than it must be internally consistent. It cannot contain any contradictions. So then, either none of the options are true or one of them is true and the others are false.

Have you heard of the concept of Logos vs logoi? The Logos is Jesus Christ and the logoi are elements of truth. You will find bits of logoi here and there in the other religions for sure but the question is how many untruths are you also consuming. This relates to the idea of Essence vs Energy. God's Essence is seperate from creation and definitely seperate from humanity, we will never become God in Essence. Humanity was made in the image of God which means that we are called to share His energy and become a lowercase god.

The Essence vs Energy distinction is crucial for deciphering the various new agey all is one religions. They make no distinction between the two so they assume that all of Creation is God's Essence when it is not. This is the key for understanding everything.

What you are looking at here is the foundation for the organization of a single religion. If you are interested in doing a deep dive on this you should check out this audiobook. It's kinda long but it's extremely interesting if you have some free time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6nVso1DJpc

You've been on the forum for a bit. If you crawl back in time to the beginning of the forum, any method or system that sugar coated things the Kidd!! always called hooey. Those systems always tried to make some kind of compromise for your weakness and to help you avoid pain. It's the same with the elephant analogy it's a way to shield your ego from what is a very harsh reality.

We could debate about which system is true but I would be much more interested in someone debating which system is correct than just saying they are all approximations. In my view all of the currents that are sweeping society are incorrect except for one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:32 pm 

(psst... the claim is;)

Adam was made in the image of God,
Men are made in the fallen image of Adam.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:37 pm 

Jared wrote: *
(psst... the claim is;)

Adam was made in the image of God,
Men are made in the fallen image of Adam.
Psst no.

Man was made in the image of God and fell through sin. The image is fundamentally good which is why mankind is good but willfully chooses to do evil.