Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.upworthy.com/this-kid-thinks ... ay-4-words

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:55 am 

True. Good one; I can identify.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:11 am 

I can also identify, respect to this guy :geek:

When you reach a low, and accept it. You return to a higher peak 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:46 am 

mirror.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:20 pm 

This guy has some balls talking about this so publicly.
Good video
Altair wrote:
When you reach a low, and accept it. You return to a higher peak 8-)
:!:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:10 am 

This guy starts to touch on a very important concept.

Look at it, feel it, accept it, own it. Then watch it transform (see Grinus' demon quote for a way more succinct and cooler way to put it)

I remember the first time I saw this happen in front of my eyes. Probably 7 years ago. Me and this super cool friend I've known since grade school were hanging with a group of acquaintances and their friends who we didn't know. A couple of the girls noticed a stranger and without thinking blurted out to us all how bad it would be to be balding.

My good friend, without skipping a beat "Don't know if you noticed but I'm bald as fuck, and have been since 17"

Immediate reaction of these girls: "Ya, but it looks badass on *you*", "yeah it looks really good on you"

Nobody else but me was there late at night on a camping trip, age 17 when he almost broke down telling me that chunks of his hair were falling out every single time he showered...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:17 am 

Oh wait, this thread itself illustrates it perfectly ^^^ :ugeek:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

Sure does StephenP

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:48 pm 

Major depression may be normal nowadays, since we live in an abnormal, mentally (and physically) ill society, but it is not natural - or we would not thrive as a species.
It is profitable though, despite that drugs don't work since they don't address the causes.

Suicide is the tenth leading cause of death in the U.S. A serious problem.

Depression affects not only the person who suffers from it, but their immediate environment too. Yet, many of them are in denial. Depression remains hidden - not treated or talked about.

This man had the courage to recognize his problem and go public to speak about it. However, his treatment seems depressingly ineffective. He even contradicts himself at some point, saying that depression is OK. Rationalizing it as just a part of life won't help him.

He needs to accept responsibility for his illness and start analyzing and correcting his thoughts and beliefs. Negative thoughts which cause emotional turmoil nearly always contain gross distortions. The thoughts on the surface appear valid, but they are irrational or just plain wrong. Twisted thinking is a major cause of suffering.

We are responsible for our own emotions. We should not blame our emotions on someone or something else. Ultimately, the responsibility is ours. We shall be accurate and honest with others AND with ourselves.

Every high school on our planet ought to have mandatory courses on Emotional Intelligence: how to manage our emotions instead of our emotions managing us.

Interestingly, Kevin Breel is a stand up comedian. His occupation might serve as a mask for his sadness deep within, a distraction to avoid facing his demons (as some wise men would say) or just a "fake it till you make it" strategy. Again, not addressing the underlying causes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:10 am 

zogler wrote:

This man had the courage to recognize his problem and go public to speak about it. However, his treatment seems depressingly ineffective. He even contradicts himself at some point, saying that depression is OK. Rationalizing it as just a part of life won't help him.
Than to whom should he complain? you say one should take responsability but at the same time you say it is out of your hands to solve the problem by yourself as a part of life.