Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Motivation? No thanks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.davekibby.com/2012/04/27/mot ... no-thanks/
Quote:
The place of innate power is where you are when you are at peace, quiet and calm inside and truly you – at this place you can serve, sell, speak, write, guide… easily and effortlessly from the inside out and you know this for sure, 100%.

Motivation, getting revved up are temporary fixes, nothing more, nothing less and your inner wisdom guides you to this truth. Your Innate Power is permanent, always on and has no conditions and requires nothing to be done to get it.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:41 am 

This is great (though the writing not so much lol), but peregrinus highlighted the important point of the article.

Days where I set out to "make things happen" never seem to go as well as the days where I say, "eh, if I clean I clean, if I don't it will eventually happen because I can't take the mess any longer" are the days where it either happens, or I do nothing and it is very rejuvenating. Replace 'clean' with whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:35 pm 

Best goals improve the present day conditions.

(Like enjoying a music piece, one note at a time, and
not later, when the song is over.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:22 pm 

Intentions are far more important than goals,
because intention is guided by your inner voice.

Goals are sort of like "measuring devices" and the
problem with goals is that they are OUTER, whereas
intentions are INNER.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:09 pm 

Jared wrote:

intentions are INNER.
Appreciate this Jared. Never was fond of goals...intentions are where I want to focus.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:25 pm 

I agree with the main point of the article, but motivation has served me quite a bit with my workouts.

I'm doing the Insanity 2 month plan and my body as well as my mind is begging me to simply load up the hookah and go over to the next room to play Tekken with my room mates instead of going through with the workout. But a couple of songs, my priorities straighten out, and I'm moderately good to go.

It's not perfect, but with sports and workouts, I've found it to be a nice tool when times get rough.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 pm 

TheDude wrote:
Jared wrote:

intentions are INNER.
Appreciate this Jared. Never was fond of goals...intentions are where I want to focus.
EDIT: Appreciate this Jared. Never was fond of goals... Intentions are where I WILL focus.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:34 pm 

You don´t need goals to motivate yourself when you
discover and live your true purpose. By then, you´d
do all the right things anyway as an expression of who
you ARE.

Be --> Do --> Have, in that order, (as suggested by Robert G Allen
in his excellent book, NOTHING DOWN Dynamic New Wealth Strategies
in Real Estate. )

You are bigger than motivation/goals.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:46 pm 

Link is dead, here's full text :
Quote:
Motivation? No thanks…

Just the other day my son Tom, aged 8 1/2, was listening to my current ‘son, this is how it is lecture’ that I find myself issuing on occasions.

He listened quietly, half turned his head to look at me and spoke – “Dad. you’ve got really intense, today… maybe you should lighten up?”

Well, sometimes we need to hear it don’t we? He was spot on and my thinking had got heavy over the past few days and then this morning walking back from school it was as if the fog had cleared and inside my head just feels still and is very quiet… so I thought I’d write :-)

Earlier this week I was having a follow up conversation with a prospect business client around doing some work for them in two key areas – the first was to support the development of the new Managing Director and the second was around the area of team engagement and motivation in selling.

As part of our discussions I asked him the ‘magic wand’ question with regard to staff motivation and his answer went something along the lines of this:

“Dave, I’d love for you to come in and spend a couple of hours with the team and get them really revved up so that they just want to get out there and sell…”

Now this has been very much part of what I do, but of late I’ve started to get some new insights in what I need to be clear on with clients before making agreements and starting working together and I’d like to share those with you today.

If you have been to see the great Tony Robbins speak you will know that he can get a massive crowd ‘revved’ up like no one else I’ve ever seen – the atmosphere is almost hazy with adrenalin and people literally go wild during the events.

For a while, that was where i wanted to be, getting people to such a point whereby they ‘believe’ that they can make any change in their lives and ‘do’ or ‘be’ anything they desire.

Well, the truth is that Tony and the mass of others that follow that lineage have got it wrong!

As I sit writing to you now, my mind is like still water, clear, calm and I am able to write to you from deep inside myself, connected… I know that some of you will read this and gain some insight for yourselves and many will chuckle at the idea that I think Tony Robbins got it wrong.

The truth is that when we are connected to who we really are and speaking from the quiet place of authenticity, some folks will agree and others won’t… and I know that neither has any impact on my wellbeing whatsoever. So I can write carefully, safe in the knowledge that I’m ok no matter what – ‘inside out’.

So back to my new client and what I needed to share with him. We could indeed get the team ”revved’ up for the match but in all probability that would fade quite quickly and beyond it would lie a possible ‘low’ where that high once was. But there is a more powerful way…

We could start the team on a journey around what ‘motivation’ really is and where it comes from and how when our thoughts are quiet, we are able to tap in to our ‘Innate power’ – an infinite source, sounding good?

You know how it is when you take a shower, or mow the lawn or walk the dog or go for a run and suddenly you get clarity and a solution to something that may have been bugging you for ages? That place.

And in that place, there is no revved up thinking and the concept of leaping around in a haze while a giant of a man claps his enormous hands would seem really rather strange (and of course the intention he has is good and from innocence)..

The place of innate power is where you are when you are at peace, quiet and calm inside and truly you – at this place you can serve, sell, speak, write, guide… easily and effortlessly from the inside out and you know this for sure, 100%.

Motivation, getting revved up are temporary fixes, nothing more, nothing less and your inner wisdom guides you to this truth. Your Innate Power is permanent, always on and has no conditions and requires nothing to be done to get it.

Are you ready to develop your Innate Power? Have a great weekend!