Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:13 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:24 pm 

another great article by Cameron Teone, since we talked about the value theory you can relate to this, and it's not just about women but your relationships with friends as well...
Quote:
A key to Successful Relationships in All Walks of Life\ Cameron Teone

I was talking to a female friend the other day. She was frazzled, and a bit disgruntled about a conversation she had had with a colleague of hers....

She tells me about the conversation she had with her colleague. This colleague/ acquaintance was ranting to her that everyone is selfish. Ultimately, we are all selfish. We do things for ourselves, not for other people. He tells her that there is no difference between what she or he does.

She tells him about the type of work she does, charitable causes she volunteers her time for, and so forth.

“Well, I work with foundation x,y.z, and I put a lot of time and sacrifice and donate a lot of my time to improve this situation..’”

To which, her detractor replied: “Yes, but you do it for them, because it makes you feel good.”

She was visibly upset...How can such two people be see similarly? Thus, the following conversation took place between us:

She
“How can he say everyone is selfish? I do so much, and work hard, while he does x,y,z….He compares those together and makes it sound like we are completely similar?

Me
Yeah, I’ve heard that argument before.

She
It’s bullshit. How can people say I’m selfish when I do for others?

Me
Well, he is right in some ways. We all do things because in some way they make us feel good. Even the sacrifices we make server a greater purpose within us.

She
Come on! You can’t compare….

ME
You’re right. You can’t. I’ve heard that argument before and it was from a sleazy boss that I had.

She
what did you say?

ME
Nothing at the time. It wasn’t the right situation to argue. I’ve realized though, it comes down to values. We all have core values.

So then, what do I mean by core-values?

If you figuratively stripped away all of the layers off of someone’s personality, you’d get to their essence, their core Values. These are values that govern their lives, and they’re the fundamental building blocks of what follows.

Let me put it this way; take someone who has dedicated themselves to charitable causes. Mother Theresa is the prominent and cliché example that pops into mind. She helped people because it made her feel good. She certainly didn’t do it because it made her feel bad.

On the other extreme, take as an example someone like Hitler. Committed genocide, atrocities, killed millions of people, some of them his own. Wanted to rule the world, etc, etc…. Why? It also made him feel good at the end of the day. He certainly didn’t do it because it made him feel bad.

Both people did it to make themselves feel good. It’s WHAT they felt good about, that’s key here. One felt good helping other people live a better life. The other felt good by ruling as a dictator, committing murder, and conducting ethnic cleansing of men, women and children of all ages.

They just had different core values...

We all do things that make us feel good, and those are governed by our core values.

When it comes to dating, relationships, and friendships, it’s best to seek people who haves similar core-values. Just as mother Theresa and Hitler wouldn’t make good friends, neither do people with less striking polarities.

If you’re the ambitious type who also likes to discover new places, learn about new people and cultures, you’ll have a hard time working a relationship where the other individual lacks those values. Your relationship will inevitably fail.

If it’s one axiom I’VE COME TO know by heart in terms of relationships, it is this importance of sharing similar core values with friends, girlfriends, lovers and so forth.

People often make the mistake of thinking that friendships are built solely on commonalities. Even more so, some people mistakenly assume that strong relationships are formed only because of shared hobbies.

This was part of the experience of the infamous Project Hollywood that you may have read about. People were brought together by a common hobby. That’s all it was, a hobby, and yet quickly, people of similar values bonded and eventually, the entire thing imploded. On the surface, everyone pretended to get along, but underneath something deeper and darker was brewing. In the famous words of Morgan Freeman from “The Shawshank Redemption” it was like geology: “Study of pressure and time.” That’s what that is: when you have dissimilar core values, it’s pressure through time and that will disintegrate. People of polarized core-values will inevitable clash.

Core values can range from loyalty and integrity to being ambitious and being progressive. As an example, liking to travel is a hobby. Even it’s your favorite thing in the world, it’s still a hobby. On the other hand, having a deep rooted desire to constantly evolve and learn new things could be considered a core-value.

In the dating world, you’re better off recognizing it early, and choosing close friends and lovers carefully. Divorce lawyers make a killing off of people who haven’t.
Now we will use the PUA community as an example...

The PUA 'community' brings together Men who want to learn and understand more about women and how to be successful with women. I put community in Quotes because as Aaron Sleazy said:
it might have started out as a community but later turned into an industry... But whichever way you want to call it, I have met a lot of men during my PUA days and made a lot of friends during that time, but since most of them didn't share the same core values as me - most of those friendships didn't last.

My core values in regards to dating, dealing with women and etc have also changed in the sense that those guys still chase women, go surging a lot and see women as the ultimate prize. I don't share the same beliefs anymore and I don't see women like they do- so naturally my friendship with them and my desire to hang out with them has changed....

Also (not related to the PUA community) you all must have had friends who shared the same core values as you. But with time people change and evolve - you probably don't have the same core values and beliefs now that you had 10 years ago...

so since people change and evolve so do friendships. Most friendships that you made during high school or collage probably won't last forever because most people's core values change a lot after high school or collage. There are exceptions of course- I still have two good friends from high school
but the friendships are not as strong as they used to be cause we all changed with time...

One of the main thing that's bothering me is how those two guys put women on a pedestal and how now: they let their wife run all over them. I tried talking to them about it a few times in the past-
but they preferred 'the steak' so there was not much I could do...

[ img ]

so always remember: when you chose close friends and lovers make sure you share the same core values. If you lost friends or girlfriends because your or their core values has changed:
well, that's how the world works.

for the full article by Cameron go here:

http://attractwomenanywhere.com/blog/20 ... s-in-life/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:34 am 

You sure this guy isn't just gleaning ideas from this forum? ;)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:05 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
You sure this guy isn't just gleaning ideas from this forum? ;)
I sure hope not big man ;)