Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:34 pm 

Quote:
THE THREE DOORS TO WISDOM
The King's son, a young, courageous, smart Prince was his only child. To help him carry on his life-learning process, the King asked him to visit a wise old man.

" Please tell me all I ought to know about life " asked the Prince.

" My words will fade away, just like the traces of your footprints in the sand " replied the wise old man. " However, I'll gladly give you some advice. As you move along, you'll come across three doors. Read the sign on each one. You'll feel an irresistible need to follow the instructions. Don't try to avoid them, because you would be compelled to constantly relive what you would have failed to do. I can't tell you more. You must feel all of this in your heart and flesh. Go now and follow the road straight ahead. "

The wise old man disappeared and the Prince started on his journey.

Soon, he came across the first door, on which a sign read as follows: "CHANGE THE WORLD"

" Indeed, it was my intention to do so, thought the Prince, because although I like some of the things life has to offer, I dislike others. " And so, he started his first battle. His values, vigour and drive urged him to confront the world in his quest to conquer and adapt reality in line with his desires. In doing this, he felt the pride and energy of a conqueror but not serenity. He succeeded in changing certain things, but failed to do so for an even greater number of other things. Several years went by.

One day, he met the wise old man who the asked him:" What did you learn along the way? "
The Prince answered: " I learned about what I can do and about what I can't do, about what depends on me and about what doesn't. " The wise old man replied: " That's fine. Use your energy to act on what you can do and forget about the things outside your control. " And then he disappeared.

Later on, the Prince came across the second door with a sign that read: "CHANGE OTHERS".

" Indeed, it was my intention to do so, thought the Prince. Others are a source of pleasure, joy and satisfaction, but are also a source of pain, sorrow and frustration. " And so, he fought against anything that annoyed him or that he dislikes in others. He tried to break their character and get rid of their bad habits. That was his second battle and it also lasted for several years.

One day while he wondered whether it was useful to try to change others, he met the wise old man who asked him: " What did you learn along the way? " The Prince answered : " I learned that others are neither the cause not the source of my joy, sorrow, satisfaction or misfortunes. They are only a source of revelation or opportunity. All these things have their roots within me. "

" You are right " said the old man " through what they unveil within you, others are a source of revelation for you. Be thankful to those who bring you joy and pleasure. But be just as thankful to those who bring you pain or frustration, because, through them, life tells you about what you still have to learn and shows you the path you must still follow. " And then the wise old man disappeared.

Later on, the Prince came across the third door with a sign that read: "CHANGE YOURSELF"

" If I am the source of my problems, that is indeed what I have to do " thought the Prince. And so, he started his third battle. He tried to change his character, fight his imperfections, get rid of his bad habits and change everything he disliked about himself and which was not in line with his ambitions.

After several years during which he had some success, but also experienced failures and resistance, the Prince met the wise old man who asked him: " What did you learn along the way? " " I learned, said the Prince, that there are some things that I can manage to improve within me but that there are others that escape me due to their resistance. "

"Fine," said the wise old man.

" Yes, said the Prince, but I'm getting tired of fighting everything and everyone and even myself. When will it end? When will I find peace of mind ? I would like to stop fighting, forget about it, abandon everything and let go." The wise old man said: " That's precisely your next learning stage. But before your move on, turn around and look how far you've travelled…" And then, he disappeared.

Looking behind, the Prince saw the third door far away and noticed that on the back, it read: "ACCEPT YOURSELF".

The Prince was surprised that he had not seen this sign, the first time he came across that door, in the other direction. He thought: " While we are fighting, we tend to be blind..."

He also saw all the things he had rejected and fought against within himself, lying on the ground an spread all over the place: his failings, shadows, fears, limits, all his old demons. He then learned to recognize, accept and like them. He also learned to like himself without comparing, judging and blaming himself. He came across the wise old man who asked him: " What did you learn along the way ?"

The Prince answered: " I learned that if I hate or refuse a part of myself, I am condemning myself to never being at peace with myself. I learned to accept myself totally and unconditionally."

" Fine, said the wise old man, this is what the first wisdom is all about. Now, you can cross the third door again."

As soon as he reached the other side, the Prince saw from a distance, the back of the second door with a sign that read: "ACCEPT OTHERS".

All around him, he recognized the people he had come to know during his life: those he had loved and liked and those he had hated; those he had supported and those he had fought against. But he was astonished to see that he was now unable to see their imperfections and failings which used to make him feel so uncomfortable.

Again, he met the wise old man who asked him: " What did you learn along the way ?" The Prince replied: " I learned that by being at peace with myself, I no longer had anything to blame others for or any reason to fear them. I learned to accept and like others totally and unconditionally." " Fine, said the wise old man, this is what the second wisdom is all about. You can now cross the door again.

When he arrived on the other side, the Prince saw the back side of the first door with a sign that read: "ACCEPT THE WORLD".

He felt intrigued for not seeing the sign the first time he walked by. He looked around him and recognized the world he had tried to conquer and change. He was amazed by the brightness, beauty and perfection of everything. Yet, the world had not changed. Was it the way he viewed the world the had changed ?.

Again, he came across the wise old man who asked him: " What did you learn along the way ?" The Prince said: " I learned that the world reflects my soul, that my soul does not see the world, but that it sees itself in the world. When it is happy, so is the world and when it is sad, so is the world. This world of ours is neither sad, nor happy. It is just out there, it exists, that's all. It was not the world that troubled me, rather what I thought it was. I learned to accept it totally and unconditionally, without judging it."

" This is what the third wisdom is all about." Said the wise old man, adding: " You are now at peace with yourself, with others and with the world.

The Prince felt a deep feeling of peace, serenity and completeness in the silence of his soul.

" You are now ready for the last phase which will take you from the silence of completeness to the completeness of silence." Said the wise old man before he disappeared.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

Heh I was reading this, while playing this.

Thankyou.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:34 pm 
Site Admin

Nice post GoldenBoy :D

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:31 pm 

bump