It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:01 pm 

by Thaddeus Golas

link = The Lazy Mans Guide to Enlightenment

QUICK READ, DENSE BOOK 25 pages

Some quotes :
Quote:
Loving yourself is not a matter of building your ego. Egotism is proving you are worthwhile after you have sunk into hating yourself. Loving yourself will dissolve your ego: you will feel no need to prove you are superior.

Inside yourself or outside, you never have to change what you see, only the way you see it.

Look at it, love it, and then get away! It's all right to channel your attention to what is pleasant for you.
What else is freedom for? And as long as there is free will, there are always going to be some beings creating vibrations you do not like, no matter what level you are on. The point is to take your leave in a way that doesn't hang you up.

Keep your mind open and unresisting to any possibility: that's what gives you the information to keep evil from manifesting in your life. Pay attention, here and now. It's all right to say No.

No matter what others are doing, you are the only one who is responsible for what happens to you.
There is nothing in the external event that in the least way determines your feelings and experiences: your life is entirely governed by your vibrations, what they tell you and how you respond.
The slower your vibrations, the more unpleasant your life: you will contend with more conflict, mass, and pain.
Events will happen too fast for control, yet time will seem interminable because you can see no way out.
But when you raise your vibration level, you can neatly sidestep collisions, both psychic and physical, and quite literally change the world for the better.
Love is the strongest magic of all.
When you learn to love hell, you will be in heaven.

Anything that really frightens you may contain a clue to enlightenment. It may indicate to you how
deeply you are attached to structure, whether mental, physical, or social. Attachment and resistance are appearances with the same root: when you resist by pulling away your awareness, the emotion is one of fear, and the contraction is experienced as a pull like magnetism or gravity; that is, attachment.

That is why we often fear to open our minds to more exalted spiritual beings. We think fear is a signal to withdraw, when in fact it is a sign we are already withdrawing too much.

The solution to all our push-pull tensions is to treat everyone, every being you recognize to be alive, as equal to yourself. Always look deeper than any evidence that you are unequal. If another person
displays great wisdom or genius, produces great paintings, or even inflates himself to writing books of advice like this one, just DON'T BELIEVE it is any evidence that his potential is higher than yours. Know that anything he has done, you can do—not in the sense of debasing him but of elevating yourself. Don't "admire" him excessively—that separates you. Let him be what he is, love him as your brother, enjoy what he produces, treat him as an equal. And whatever you see on a psychedelic trip, just say, "I'm equal to that; we are all equal to that."

On the other side, if a person displays sickness and insanity, degradation and emotional distress,
helplessness and despair, just don't believe it is any evidence that his potential is lower than yours.
Know that anything you are doing, he can do. Don't blindly agree with his game; don't react as though what he is doing is real. Let him be what he is, love him as your brother, have compassion for him, treat him as your equal. Begin with the knowledge that he can bring himself out of it. Don't ignore him necessarily, unless you know that he has been running the same movie over and over and are bored with it. Your attention is always life-giving; it will make him feel stable and loved, and he can go up from there if he wants to. You can even tell him in words that you don't believe his game: do it while you are bandaging his wounds or feeding him or giving him money. Don't act superior to him: you aren't, you're his equal. Ignore the sin and love the sinner.

While we still believe there are people greater or lesser than ourselves, we will tend to hang on all the more tightly to our current vibration level, we will be fastened to the people who make us feel at home. We will be stuck with our ideas, our emotional habits, our jobs, our bodies. We will be afraid to change because we will fear the unstable experiences we have when we try to reach a "higher" level. We will be afraid of falling to a "lower" level if we let go of our current stability.

It is a nice truth that the way that will relieve your woes on the physical plane will also take you to the highest spiritual realizations. And the way is simple: No resistance.

There is no being in the universe more powerful than you, but there are also none less powerful than
you. This should be the starting point of all your behavior towards other people. I often say to myself: Let my intentions not attempt to contradict the necessary laws of our relations as equal beings. (A long sentence, but I do say it.)
Since every being is self-determined, you cannot change anyone else's vibration level against his will, nor are you obliged to. You cannot in reality hurt or help others without their agreement to play the game, nor can anyone hurt or help you without your agreement.

You may have all these experiences and more when you meditate or take psychedelics. You may not
remember this book then, but you will be able to remember two words: No resistance. These two
words apply even more importantly on those levels than on this one, if anything. Remember them
especially when you are dying.
Since we aren't going anywhere, with stability, any faster than our love will take us, and we have to
love it where we are first, there is something to be said for not getting too ambitious about the infinite possibilities.
But it's nice to know that there is more to it than what you see in front of you now, and that you can
experience your present reality on much deeper levels of pleasure and ease.

Every person who allows others to treat him as a spiritual leader has the responsibility to ask himself: Out of all the perceptions available to me in the universe, why am I emphasizing the ignorance of my brothers? What am I doing in a role where this is real? What kind of standards am I conceiving, in which so many people are seen to be in suffering, while I am the enlightened one?

There is absolutely no external evidence that will tell me how much you love yourself, because I am
seeing you with the limited vision of my own vibrations. In that sense, what I see is myself.

The very people we now see as vulgar, unenlightened, stupid, rip-offs, insane—these people, when we learn to love them and all our feelings about them, are our tickets to paradise. And that is all we need to do—love them. We may express that love or not as we wish, in any way we wish. It doesn't even matter how we treat them. But we must see them and love them as they are now, for we cannot deny them the freedom to be what they are, just as we must love ourselves as we are now.

What we see is always ourselves. It is useless to correct anyone's behavior. If he knew what he was doing, he wouldn't be doing it, true enough, but he is just as capable of knowing it as we are. If he doesn't see it of his own free will, is he any more likely to do so when we tell him? By denying him his freedom to be wrong, we are equally wrong. Giving others the freedom to be stupid is one of the most important and hardest steps to take in spiritual progress. Conveniently the opportunity to take that step is all around us every day.
The last quote really hit me (about correcting others's behaviours ^^)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:22 pm 

GoldenBoy wrote:

The last quote really hit me (about correcting others's behaviours ^^)
Sometimes you can see a person who wants to change theselves but it's pretty uncommon. Some are just saying they want, but can't do anything else than talk about it, so it's even more rare that it looks. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:36 pm 

See? Lose the ego...bask in self contentment. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:21 pm 

What we seek to correct in others is most often what we need to correct in ourselves

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

Morpheus wrote:
What we seek to correct in others is most often what we need to correct in ourselves
Peregrinus style:

Mirror :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:59 pm 
Site Admin

Bravo Dali and Morpheus :ugeek:

A good reason for observing yourself, particularly in interactions with others.

Nice post GoldenBoy :D

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:13 am 

peregrinus wrote:
Bravo Dali and Morpheus :ugeek:

A good reason for observing yourself, particularly in interactions with others.

Nice post GoldenBoy :D
:)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:23 pm 

Upping the thread.
Link archived : https://web.archive.org/web/20120205183 ... enment.pdf