All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: UG KRISHNAMURTI
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:22 pm 

Just some FREE readings for you ^^
http://www.ugkrishnamurti.org/ -> Presentation, photos, quotes, audio, video
http://www.well.com/~jct/ -> All of his books availabl for free

Some quotes :
Quote:
The plain fact is that if you don't have a problem, you create one. If you don't have a problem you don't feel that you are living.
Quote:
That messy thing called 'mind' has created many destructive things. By far the most destructive of them all is God.
Quote:
The only way for any one who is interested in finding out what this is all about is to watch how this separation is occurring, how you are separating yourself from the things that are happening around you and inside you.
Quote:
When you are no longer caught up in the dichotomy of right and wrong or good and bad, you can never do anything wrong. As long as you are caught up in this duality, the danger is that you will always do wrong.
Quote:
To be yourself requires extraordinary intelligence. You are blessed with that intelligence; nobody need give it to you; nobody can take it away from you. He who lets that express itself in its own way is a 'Natural Man'.
Well too many, worth checking out

Post subject: Re: UG KRISHNAMURTI
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:51 am 

Sounds very Tolleish

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:53 pm 

Morpheus wrote:
Sounds very Tolleish
BIG DIFFERENCE (maybe not on the teaching, didn't read Tolle, and not planning to, especially since I saw him ranked in a seduction ranking site :D) :
Ug Krishnamurti NEVER took any cent / penny for his "teachings", he never sold anything, nor he "wanted to save mankind", PEOPLE came to him, offered him money to give teachings abroad.
He repeated constantly that he has nothing to say, he just answered people when they asked him questions ...
He IS CONGRUENT WITH WHAT HE PREACHED (which is nothing, just live), that's all.

Have you seen him on Oprah ?? :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:06 pm 

Karishnamurti was on Oprah? Or do you mean Tolle?
This guy sounds good, Tolle charges over $80 for a video of his seminar. His message is good but comes at a big price.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:19 pm 

Aztecsfinest wrote:
Karishnamurti was on Oprah? Or do you mean Tolle?
This guy sounds good, Tolle charges over $80 for a video of his seminar. His message is good but comes at a big price.
Tolle ^^ you can check youtube if you want to watch UG ... or the sites I gave on the first post (for free)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:42 am 

Quote:
UG creams

Introduction
This simple text file contains a selected cream of the exact quotes taken from the books and
conversations of UG Krishnamurti. The selection has been made according what I found was most useful
for me to get rid of the crutches that the so-called saviours of mankind had given me. Hope you find this
cream quite useful.
Anel C. Sarasan, India (2011)

UG Creams

To be an individual and to be yourself you do not have to do a thing. Culture demands that you should be
something other than what you are. What a tremendous amount of energy we waste trying to become
that! But if that energy is released, living becomes very simple. Then what is it that you cannot do?

I am in perfect harmony with this world, exactly the way it is. There is no need to change this world at all;
and there is no need to change yourself either. One thing I make very clear: I am not here to liberate you
at all. What is it that you want to liberate yourself from? You are trying to ask for a thing which you have.

Accepting whatever there is is courage. That is intelligence. "I don't want to be other than what I am --"
that is the courage. It is there! It is not a thing to be acquired.
- You just don't have the courage to be yourself. That means you have to be alone in this world -- one
without a second.

Nothing is wrong with you at all. You don't have the courage. Accepting whatever there is is courage.
That is intelligence. "I don't want to be other than what I am." That is the courage. It is there! It is not a
thing to be acquired.

You have an illusion that there is somebody who is thinking and bringing out the information. There is
nothing there, only your relative, experiential data, your truth. There is no such thing as objective truth at
all. There is nothing which exists outside or independent of our minds.

Nature doesn't use models. No two leaves are the same. No two faces are the same. No change is
necessary, period. Your corrupt society has put into you this notion of change, that you're this and you
must be that. Anything that insists you to be something other than what you in fact are, is the very thing
that's falsifying you and the world.

A guru is one who tells you to throw away all the crutches that we have been made to believe are
essential for our survival. The true guru tells you, "Throw them away, and don't replace them with the
fancy crutches or even computerized crutches. You can walk; and if you fall, you will rise and walk again."

Man is always seeking something--money, power, sex, love, mystical experience, truth,
enlightenment--and it is this seeking which keeps him out of his natural state. And although I am in a
natural state, I cannot help someone else, because it is my particular natural state, not another's.

This is an extraordinarily beautiful world! You want to change this world so that you can live in a world of
your own ideas. The real problem is that you want to change
yourself and find it's impossible so you want to change the world to fit it into your own pattern.

You can only experience dead things, not a living thing. Life has to express itself. This is a thing which
nobody can teach you. You don't have to get it from somebody. What you have is there. No outside
agency can help you; nobody. You have to come to a point where you can't do anything at all.
The end of the question is the end of the answer. The end of the solution is the end of the problem. We
are only dealing with solutions and not with the problems.
Man cannot be anything other than what he is. Whatever he is, he will create a society that mirrors him.
The only relationship you have with anybody in this world is “What do I get out of it?” That‟s all you care
about. Other than that, there is nothing to it!

The question "How to live?" is totally unrelated to the functioning of this living organism. It is already living
all the time.
Wanting is thinking. You need thinking just to function in this world. But other than that, anything you want
is thinking.

The Upanishadic seers never talked of morality or practices whereas the saints have emphasized them
because they are second-class imitators. This kind of a thing, if it has to happen, will happen in spite of
those things. If anything has to happen it has to happen here and now.

What you are is a belief; if you let one belief go, you must replace it with another; otherwise, you will drop
dead. I am telling you, a clinical death will occur. It is not the near death experience of those „near death‟
scoundrels. So you better go and make money and enjoy the fruits thereof.

The demand to be prepared for all future actions and situations is the cause of our problems. Every
situation is so different, and our preparedness to meet
that situation with this knowledge we have of answering and dealing with such situations cannot help us.

Money is the most important factor in our lives. They say that money is the root cause of all evil. But
actually it is not the root cause of evil; it is the root cause of our existence, of our survival. Tell me one
person who is not thinking of money. Not one person on this planet.

I am not talking of an Armageddon, nor am I prophesying that there is going to be a paradise on this
planet. Nothing of the sort; there is not going to be any paradise. It is the idea of a paradise, the idea of
creating a heaven on this earth, that has turned this beautiful paradise that we already have on this planet
into a hell.

We are solely responsible for what is happening. And the answers for our problems of today cannot come
from the past and its glory or from the great religious teachers of mankind. They are not the answers. We
have to find the answers, if any, for ourselves and by ourselves.

You never see anything. The physical eye does not say anything. There is no way you can separate
yourself from what you are looking at. We have only sensory perceptions. So what you are actually doing
is translating sensory perceptions within the framework of the knowledge you have of it. We never look at
anything.

You experience what you know. Without the knowledge, you've no way of experiencing anything. There's
no such thing as a new experience. When you tell yourself that it's a new experience, it's the old that tells
you that it's a new experience. Otherwise, you've no way of saying that it's something new. And through
that it's making it part of the old.

The only way it (the experience) can maintain its continuity is through the constant demand to know. If
you don't know what you are looking at, the 'you' as you know yourself, the 'you' as you experience
yourself, is going to come to an end. That is death. That is the only death and there is no other death.

There is no self, there is no I, there is no spirit, there is no soul and there is no mind. That knocks off the
whole list and you have no way of finding out what you are left with. When once it throws out everything
that has been put in there by your filthy culture, this body will function in an extraordinarily intelligent way.
It can take care of everything. Once nothing is there. What is there will begin to express itself. Let that
express. Then there is no question. Just leave that alone. It will begin to act.

What is more is that the continuity of thought is destroying the sensitivity of your senses. When the
movement of thought is not continuous, the senses begin to function in an extraordinarily sensitive way.

I believe that the problems of this planet can be solved through the help of the tremendous technology at
our disposal. But the benefits that we have accrued through these advancement have not yet percolated
to the level of all the people living on this planet. Technology has benefited only a microscopic number of
people. When nature has provided us with such bounty, why is it that people are underfed? Why are they
starving?

If humanity is to be saved from the chaos of its own making, it has to be freed from the saviors of
mankind. Love and hate are not opposite ends of the same spectrum; they are one and the same thing.
They are much closer than kissing cousins.

How can you ask for a thing which you do not know? How can you search for a thing which you do not
know? You are all on a merry-go-round, and you want to go round and round and round. So, search has
no meaning at all. Only when the search comes to an end, what there is will express itself, in its own way.

So your problem is not the problem but the solution. If the solution is gone, there is no problem there. If
there is a solution, the problem shouldn't be there anymore. If the answers given by others [the "wise
men"] are the answers, then the questions shouldn't be there at all. So they are obviously not the
answers.

It is thought that has invented the ideas of cause and effect. There may not be any such thing as a cause
at all. Every event is an individual and independent event. We
link up all these events and try to create a story of our lives. But actually every event is an independent
event.

You will accept that there is nothing, nothing that you can do to experience the reality of anything, except
the reality that is imposed on us by the society. We have to accept the reality as it is imposed on us by
the society because it is very essential for us to function in this world intelligently and sanely.

We have to accept the reality as it is imposed on us by the culture, by society or whatever you want to call
it, and at the same time understand that there is nothing that we can do to experience the reality of
anything. Then you will not be in conflict with the society, and the demand to be something other than
what you are will also come to an end.

That is how the whole organism can survive. It is not interested in utopias. It is not interested in your
wonderful religious ideas. It is not interested in peace, bliss, beatitude, or anything. Its only interest is to
survive. That is all it is interested in. The survival of a cell depends upon the survival of the cell next to it.
And your survival and my survival depend upon the survival of our neighbor.

That relationship is already there. So, what separates you from me and me from you is the knowledge we
have. But now we are trying to establish a sort of
relationship on a different level. But knowledge is not the instrument for doing it, and there is no other
instrument. If that is not the instrument and there is no other
instrument, no understanding is necessary. That is the understanding which somehow dawned on me --
that there is nothing to understand.

When once it is a fact that there is no movement in any direction of improving, changing, or evolving into
anything different or better, then what is there is something extraordinary. It is unique in its own way.
Every individual is unique. Nature creates perfect species and not perfect individuals.

We are lost in the jungle. We have tried every possible means of escape. But still we have not
succeeded. There is, however, a faint hope that one day,
somehow, we can get out of this jungle. But we have only to stand still and let things happen.

There must be two, you know. I love somebody and somebody else loves me. Wherever there is division,
there can't be love. We are trying to bridge this gap, which is horrible for us, which has no meaning, which
is demanding something from us, with this fancy idea that there must be love between these two
individuals.

Everything that you have created in this world has become possible through the help of that thought, but
unfortunately that very thing has become the enemy of man, because you are using thought for purposes
for which it is not intended. It can be used for solving the technical problems very well and efficiently, but
it cannot be used to solve the problems of life.

Your naturalness is something that you don't have to know. You just have to let that function in its own
way. Your wanting to know that demands some know-how, which you want from somebody.

So, you never question the solutions. If you really question the solutions, you will have to question the
ones who have offered you those solutions. But sentimentality stands in the way of your rejecting not only
the solutions, but those who have offered you the solutions. Questioning that requires a tremendous
courage on your part.

Accepting the limitations is intelligence. You are trying to free yourself from these natural limitations and
that is the cause of your sorrow and pain. Your actions are such that one action limits the next action.
Your action at this moment is limiting the next action. This action is a reaction. the question of freedom of
action does not even arise.

The saints, saviors, priests, gurus, bhagavans, seers, prophets and philosophers were all wrong, as far
as I am concerned. As long as you harbor any hope or faith in these authorities, living or dead, so long
this certainty cannot be transmitted to you. This certainty somehow dawns on you when you see for
yourself that all of them are wrong.

Anything you want to be free from, for whatever reason, is the very thing that can free you. You have to
be free from the very thing you want to be free from. You are always dealing with a pair of opposites; so
being free of one is to be free from the other, its opposite. Within the framework of the opposites there is
no freedom.

We have superimposed over the natural sensory functioning a never-ending verbalization.

You have to be saved from the very idea that you have to be saved. You must be saved from the saviors,
redeemed from the redeemers. If it is to happen, it must happen now.

Change admits of time; change always takes time. To change, to eliminate one thing and replace it with
another, takes time. What you're now and what you ought to be are linked together by time. You're going
to be enlightened tomorrow . This permanency is shattered the moment the falseness of the
past-present-future continuum is seen.

The boredom and restlessness you feel inside you is there only because you think you must be doing
something more interesting, more meaningful, and more valuable than what you are already doing. You
think that the way you are carrying on is terrible boring, and that there must be something more valuable,
powerful, and exciting to do.

The military wars out there are the extension of what is going on all the time inside you. Why is there a
war waging inside you? Because you search for peace. The instrument you are using in your attempt to
be at peace with yourself is war.

Creation and destruction are going on simultaneously. The birth and death of thought happen
simultaneously. That is why I insist that there is no such thing as death at all. Even the body does not die;
it can change form but does not cease altogether. Because death really does not exist, it is impossible for
you to experience it. What you do experience is the void or emptiness you feel upon the disappearance of
someone's ("dead") body.

Get this straight--you can never hear one word from anyone no matter how intimately you think you are in
relationship with that person. You hear only your own translations always. They are all your words you
are hearing. All that the other person's words can possibly be to you is a noise, a vibration picked up by
the eardrum and transferred to the nerves which run to the brain. You are translating those vibrations all
the time trying to understand because you want to get something out of what you are hearing.

The natural needs of a human being are basic: food, clothing and shelter. You must either work for them
or be given them by somebody. If these are your only needs they are not very difficult to fulfill. To deny
yourself the basic needs is not a sign of spirituality. But to require more than food, clothing and shelter is
a neurotic state of mind.

Every time a thought is born, you are born. When the thought is gone, you are gone. But the you does
not let the thought go and what gives continuity to this you is the thinking. Actually, there is no permanent
entity in you, no totality of all your thoughts and experiences.

All techniques and systems are adding to that. There is nothing you can do to end thinking. You see, you
have to come to a point where you say to yourself, “I am fed up with this kind of thing.” Nobody can push
you there.

Only a real teacher can find that out and tell you, nobody else. Not those people who interpret the texts;
all that is totally unrelated. Only such a man can talk.
And such a man never encourages you because he knows that if this kind of a thing has to happen to
somebody, that person will not need the help of anybody. In spite of everything it will happen.

If that is not the instrument and there is no other instrument, the logical conclusion from that statement is,
“Is there anything to understand?” There is nothing to understand. That understanding is here somehow. I
don't know how it came. That is why I cannot take you there. It has no cause. You are interested in finding
out the cause because you want it to happen in you.

All questions reduce themselves to the one question, “How am I going to get what you have?” And
through that a structure is permanently establishing itself there and getting its continuity. There is no how.

I am perfectly happy with everything as it is. I am happy with misery, poverty and death. I am also happy
with wealth and psychological fulfillment.

The pursuit of those goals which the culture has placed before us and that we have accepted as desirable
is not there any more. The demand to reach them is no longer there, so you are what you are. When the
movement in the direction of becoming something other than what you are isn't there any more, you are
not in conflict with yourself. If you are not in conflict with yourself you cannot be in conflict with the society
around you. As long as you are not at peace with yourself it is not possible for you to be at peace with
others. Even then, there is no guarantee that your neighbors will be peaceful, but, you see, you will not be
concerned with that.

All I can guarantee you is that as long as you are searching for happiness you will remain unhappy. This
is a fact. Society is so organized and complex that you have no other way of surviving except to accept
the way of life around you along with the limitations it places upon all of us. We must all accept the reality
of society whether we like it or not. All your relationships, knowledge and experiences, all your emotions
and feelings, all that romantic stuff, belongs entirely to society, not to you.

I personally feel that the basic question which we all should ask ourselves is, "What kind of a human
being you want on this planet?"

The scientists and psychologists have to find their answers, if there are any answers, within their own
framework. Only then will they be able to help mankind to look at things differently. But there is no way
you can go back and revive anything.

Life is simply a process of stimulus and response, and stimulus and response are one unitary movement.
But it is thought that separates them and says that this is the response and that is the stimulus. Any
action that is born out of thinking is destructive in its nature because thought is a self-perpetuating
mechanism.

Actually there are no problems, there are only solutions. But we don't even have the guts to say that they
don't work. Even if you have discovered that they don't work, sentimentality comes into the picture. The
feeling, 'That man in whom I have placed my confidence and belief cannot con himself and con everyone
else,' comes in the way of throwing the whole thing out of the window, down the drain. The solutions are
still a problem. Actually there is no problem there. The only problem is in discovering the
inadequacy or uselessness of all the solutions that have been offered to us. The tremendous investment
we have made and the faith we have in the teachers, are also at stake. Therefore, we are not ready to
brush aside the answers.

Mutual gratification is the basis of all relationships. If you don't get what you want out of a relationship, it
goes sour. What there is in the place of what you call a 'loving relationship' is hate. When everything fails,
we play the last card in the pack, and that is 'love'.

I don't fight society. I am not even interested in changing it. The demand to bring about a change in myself isn't there any more. So, the demand to change this framework or the world at large isn't there. It is not that I am indifferent to the suffering man. I suffer with the suffering man and am happy with the happy man.

There is nobody who is talking here. I use this simile of a ventriloquist. He is actually carrying on both
sides of the dialogue but we attribute one side of it to the dummy in front of him.

You Are That Movement of Thought It is very difficult to understand the area between opposites. If I say I
have no friends, it does not mean that I have enemies. If I say that I have no enemies, it does not mean
that everybody is a friend to me. So how can you understand the state of being where you have neither
friends nor enemies?

The root cause of corruption lies in the religious thinking of man. Religion is responsible for the
corruption, crime and selfishness that we see around us. It s the goal that creates its opposite. As long
as love is there, so long will there be hate. It's love that creates hate; it's selflessness that creates
selfishness. When the goal [to be selfless] goes, with that selfishness also goes. But you don t seem to
understand that the goal is not different from you; you are the goal. You are the selfishness. It s not in
your interest to end yourself. So, the logical structure evolves more logic around this argument and
continues. Otherwise, it collapses.

India has to evolve its own indigenous revolution. Mao Tse-Tung would be a total failure here; so it has to
produce an indigenous product (if I may use the word that way). But the times don't seem to be ripe for
that kind of a thing. You see, unless that kind of a thing happens in India, there is no chance, there is no
hope.

The real problem is the solution. Your problems continue because of the false solutions you have
invented. If the answers are not there, the questions cannot be there. They are interdependent; your
problems and solutions go together. Because you want to use certain answers to end your problems,
those problems continue. The numerous solutions offered by all these holy people, the psychologists, the
politicians, are not really solutions at all. That is obvious. They can only exhort you to try harder, practice
more meditations, cultivate humility, stand on your head, and more and more of the same. That is all they
can do. If you brushed aside your hope, fear, and naiveté‚ and treated these fellows like businessmen,
you would see that they do not deliver the goods, and never will. But you go on and on buying these
bogus wares offered up by the experts.

When once that becomes a reality in your life, it becomes very simple to live in this world, the complex
and complicated world created by us all. We are all responsible for this world. When once this demand to
change yourself into something better, something other than what you actually are, is not there, the
demand to change the world also comes to an end. I don't see anything wrong with the world. What is
wrong with this world? The world can't be any different from what we are. If there is a war going on
within us, we cannot expect a peaceful world around us. We will certainly create war. You may say that it
all depends upon who is responsible for the war. It is simply a point of view as to who is calling another a
warmonger and himself the peace-monger. The peace-mongers and the warmongers sail in the same
boat. It is something like the pot calling the kettle black or the other way around: the kettle calling the pot
black.

It is thought that has invented the ideas of cause and effect. There may not be any such thing as a cause
at all. Every event is an individual and independent event. We link up all these events and try to create a story of our lives. But actually every event is an independent event. If we accept the fact that every event is an independent event in our lives, it creates a tremendous problem of maintaining what we call identity. And identity is the most important factor in our lives. We are able to maintain this identity through the constant use of memory, which is also thought. This constant use of memory or identity, or whatever you call it, is consuming a tremendous amount of energy, and it leaves us with no energy to deal with the problems of our living.

We have an idea of harmony. How to live at peace with yourself -- that's an idea. There is an
extraordinary peace that is there already. What makes it difficult for you to live at peace with yourself is
the creation [of the idea] of what you call "peace," which is totally unrelated to the harmonious functioning
of this body. When you free yourself from the burden of reaching out there to grasp, to experience, and to
be in that reality, then you will find that it is difficult to understand the reality of anything. You will find that
you have no way of experiencing the reality of anything, but at least you will not be living in a world of
illusions. You will accept that there is nothing, nothing that you can do to experience the reality of
anything, except the reality that is imposed on us by the society. We have to accept the reality as it is
imposed on us by the society because it is very essential for us to function in this world intelligently and
sanely. If we don't accept that reality, we are lost. We will end up in the loony bin. So we have to accept
the reality as it is imposed on us by the culture, by society or whatever you want to call it, and at the same
time understand that there is nothing that we can do to experience the reality of anything. Then you will
not be in conflict with the society, and the demand to be something other than what you are will also
come to an end.

When the movement in the direction of becoming something other than what you are isn't there any more,
you are not in conflict with yourself. If you are not in conflict with yourself, you cannot be in conflict with
the society around you. As long as you are not at peace with yourself, it is not possible for you to be at
peace with others. Even then there is no guarantee that your neighbors will be peaceful. But, you see,
you will not be concerned with that. When you are at peace with yourself, then you are a threat to the
society as it functions today. You will be a threat to your neighbors because they have accepted the
reality of the world as real, and because they are also pursuing some funny thing called "peace". You will
become a threat to their existence as they know it and as they experience it. So you are all alone -- not
the aloneness that people want to avoid -- you are all alone.

Only when you are free from what every man and woman has thought and felt before you will you
become an individual. Such an individual will not go around attempting to destroy everything that belongs
to society. He is not in conflict with society at all. He would never tear down the temples and institutions or
burn books that men have made with great care. He would not be a rebel. All the accumulated
knowledge, experience, and suffering of mankind is inside of you. You must build a huge bonfire within
you. Then you will become an individual. There is no other way. Society is built on a foundation of conflict,
and you are society. Therefore you must always be in conflict with society. The real individual, one who is
free of the accumulated tradition and knowledge of mankind, is necessarily a threat to that society.
Society, of which you are a part, cannot be other than it is. So stop trying to save it or change it. You
cannot even change your mother-in-law.

You want to change yourself into something and at the same time find you cannot change at all. This
"change" you talk of is really just more romantic fancy stuff for you. You never change, only think about
changing. As long as you want to change, for some reason or the other, so long will you insist upon
changing the whole world. You want a different world so that you can be happy in it. That is your only
interest. You can talk of mankind, concern for mankind, compassion for mankind, but it is all bullshit,
horseshit …

Since you are determined to bring about change -- a notion put into you by your culture -- you remain
discontent and want the world to be different. When your inner demand to be something different from
what in fact you are comes to an end, then the neurotic demand to change your society ceases. Then you
cannot be in conflict with society. You are in perfect harmony with society, including its brutalities and
miseries. All your attempts to change this brutal society only add momentum to it. This is not to say that
the free individual is indifferent to society. On the contrary. In any case, it is you who are indifferent right
now. You only talk and whine, meanwhile doing nothing. Sorry....

Somewhere along the line it is bound to dawn on you, you know, that it is not taking you anywhere, but
the hope keeps you going, the hope that one day through the same thing you will probably reach your
goal, because that instrument is born out of time, is born out of cause and effect, and it cannot conceive
of anything except in terms of time. So if time is not there, there is nothing to happen, let alone in the
future, because it is time that has created the need for the timeless. Time means the future. If this time is
cut off, it is not as if what you expect to happen will happen now. There is nothing to happen here. Time
burns itself out when the timeless is knocked off.

You want to change yourself into something and at the same time find you cannot change at all. This
change you talk of is really just more romantic, fancy stuff for you. You never change, only think about
changing. As long as you want to change for some reason or the other so long will you insist upon
changing the whole world. You want a different world so that you can be happy in it. That is your only
interest. You can talk of mankind--concern for mankind, compassion for mankind--but it is all bullshit.
Since you are determined to bring about change, a notion put into you by your culture, you remain
discontent and want the world to be different. When your inner demand to be something different from
what in fact you are comes to an end then the neurotic demand to change your society ceases. Then you
cannot be in conflict with society. You are in perfect harmony with society, including its brutalities and
miseries. All your attempts to change this brutal society only add momentum to it. This is not to say that
the free individual is indifferent to society, on the contrary. In any case, it is you who are indifferent right
now. You only talk and whine, meanwhile doing nothing. Unless you are at peace with yourself there
cannot be peace around the world. When you are at peace with yourself that is the end of the story.

When once the demand to change yourself into something better, something other than what you actually
are ceases, the demand to change the world also comes to an end. The world can't be anything different
from what we are. If there is a war going on within us we cannot expect a peaceful world around us, we
will certainly create war. This instrument is only interested in perpetuating itself through what it calls
understanding which in reality is its own machinations. Nature creates something then it destroys it and
creates something else. The comparative process characteristic of thinking seems to be absent. The
whole ethical culture that is built by us to shape the actions of man has totally failed.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:22 pm 

Some videos :

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

This guy was a BOSS.

:D
I've read one book in the past from him, was called: the courage of being alone.
It's somewhat confusing but very very good.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:48 pm 

Just bumping this thread to add an image :

[ img ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:00 am 

Just a bump as a YT channel has created a massive playlist of UG : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... yv-Co1K0Sy