Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:08 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Striving for meaning
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:53 am 

Hank Moody wrote: *
There is the One , that I still cannot understand or feel ...
Have you ever felt Love for a person or even animal? Ever seen someone in misery, and felt Compassion for them? You are asking for guidance, you must be feeling Humble! Those are the attributes of The One.

And understanding? Read further..
Maya tricked our brain and made us create all these gods and entities , an illusion of something pre - existing but still false through our impotent brain-filter . Am i wrong ?
Yeah, you've got it wrong. The One created Maya (and not the other way around). And The One created many, many demi-gods/entities, who are a physical representaions of the different powers of The One. F. ex the 3 strongest ones: Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh (creator, sustainer, creator).

All these powers comes from The One, while these demi-gods are merely workers of The One (but that is the highest privilege).

F. ex in Indian traditions (both Hindusim and Sikhi), there is the King of all other Demi-Gods, called Indra-Dev (Dev means God). In Norse mythology the King is called Odin (I believe the slight change is due to time/culture and whatnot). They, and many other cultures, are taking about the same things, just that some texts are better-perserved than others, and most prophets didn't even write the texts themselves, some prophets were corrupted, some texts were corupted etc.

I believe there are truth in many traditions, and it's all from The One anyway. It's just, some has acccess to 1% truth, some has 2 % and some has 100 % truth. The problems occurs when those with 2 % truth, mash it with X % of their BS, and then sell it as 100 % truth (and that is why religions are looked down upon nowadays, because ppl are simply waking up).

How can I close my mind , impossible ... There are many stimuli triggering my brain and make me lose this trance
It's not impossible.

And this knowlegde is really really "Next Level", even within those that practice (it's the 6th one for a reason) - You have to walk before you can run.

You don't close it per. say, you just focus it on something better. Acquiring wisdom is one way, it will keep the mind busy.

Meditation (Simran) and Kirtan (holy songs in holy congreation if possible) is another, but it's reccomended to start with attaining Wisdom, as that will make Kirtan much more effective (because then you will sing with Love and appreciation).

I can understand logically , but cannot experience it ...What do you suggest ?

You experience The Force, by connecting to it. In stead of Meditating on "nothing-ness" or "emptiyng your mind", meditate on this word: "Va-He-Gu-Roo". This is the highest mantra.

The four sounds represent the 4 mantras in the 4 ages - Guru Nanak combined them all and created the 5th one, the highset mantra, which will remain so troughout the ages.

Different ways of saying the Mantra:

Watch from 1:55:00 to 2:10:00
Video: "Mool Mantra Vaheguru Mantra @ GB Kundalini Yoga Festival - subtitled"
https://youtu.be/aGb1p5jieiE?t=6883

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:57 pm 

I have just finished reading a book that was quite helpful, felt the need to add it here .

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/406 ... or_Meaning :
Quote:
Psychiatrist Viktor Frankl's memoir has riveted generations of readers with its descriptions of life in Nazi death camps and its lessons for spiritual survival. Between 1942 and 1945 Frankl labored in four different camps, including Auschwitz, while his parents, brother, and pregnant wife perished. Based on his own experience and the experiences of others he treated later in his practice, Frankl argues that we cannot avoid suffering but we can choose how to cope with it, find meaning in it, and move forward with renewed purpose. Frankl's theory-known as logotherapy, from the Greek word logos ("meaning")-holds that our primary drive in life is not pleasure, as Freud maintained, but the discovery and pursuit of what we personally find meaningful.

At the time of Frankl's death in 1997, Man's Search for Meaning had sold more than 10 million copies in twenty-four languages. A 1991 reader survey for the Library of Congress that asked readers to name a "book that made a difference in your life" found Man's Search for Meaning among the ten most influential books in America.
Some quotes by this impressive man :
Quote:
Our greatest freedom is the freedom to choose our attitude.

When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.

But there was no need to be ashamed of tears, for tears bore witness that a man had the greatest of courage, the courage to suffer.

In some ways suffering ceases to be suffering at the moment it finds a meaning, such as the meaning of a sacrifice.

The meaning of life is to give life meaning.

Those who have a 'why' to live, can bear with almost any 'how'.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.

Happiness cannot be pursued; it must ensue.

The point is not what we expect from life, but rather what life expects from us.

For the world is in a bad state, but everything will become still worse unless each of us does his best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okJ3KQ4S-ts (another short video describing his philosophy and school of thought namely Logotherapy =>stemming from the ancient Greek word Logos=reason)

Jim Morrison

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:27 pm 
Site Admin

Beautiful quotes

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:40 am 

You have the Saintly people, and then you have those who they ultimately seek, when the Tyrants do injustices on them

Case and point: "the Kashmiri Pandits"

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek: