Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:59 pm 

Here's something I wrote for Zan's forum a while back. Thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

The Pokemon Trainer's Guide to Meeting Women.

In this guide, I will paralell one topic you know very little of (meeting the womans) with something you know (catching and battling Pokemans). By taking advantage of and pointing out the paralells of these two topics, it makes meeting women an easier topic to learn, much like when Hank Hill tried to teach that football player the chemical composition of propane by making it sound like a football play or something.

As you know, there are a few steps to catching a Pokemon:

1. Find target Pokemon.

This means you search tall grass, swim in the ocean, or explore caves for Pokemans. Some Pokemon are just lying around in the open.

2. Do battle with the target Pokemon.

Use one of your current Pokemon to battle with the target Pokemon. Use attacks and status effects to weaken the Pokemon, thereby bettering your chances of successfully completing step three...

3. Throw a Pokeball at the target Pokemon.

Assuming they don't freak out and run away or get killed by accident, you should be in pretty good shape to throw a Pokeball at the Pokemon you targeted to catch them. Depending on how intense you were in step two will determine if you have success. Also, Pokeballs of high quality have a better chance of success than those of lower quality. Also, some Pokemon are simply harder to catch than others.

There's also a step zero...

0. Preperation.

Basically, Professor Oak won't even let you out of the village without a Pokemon, and you should never go into the wilderness unprepared in any case. Get yourself at least one starter Pokemon, and train it well so that it may defend you in the wild. If you're looking for a specific kind of Pokemon, do your research. Find out where it typically lives, it's weaknesses, abilities, and habits. Usually, the Pokedex will be your best tool in this regard, but there are other ways of getting additional information. Also, make sure your bring plenty of Pokeballs and first-aid potions in case you get in a pinch.

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. . . ."

-Thoreau's Walden

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:00 pm 

So now that we've gone over the basics of that, we'll get in to the meaty part: meeting the womans. Meeting women is actually quite similar to catching Pokemon, and with a bit of modification of the aformentioned steps, you should have a fair amount of success in regards to meeting women. So here are the steps:

0. Preperation.

This is easily the most important step, for if you don't make preparations, things may be more difficult than they have to be.

Get at least one Pokemon.

Now, this doesn't mean you need show her your Bulbasaur. It means you need a prop, or some other item that gives her a chance to come out of the tall grass and engage you. You need at least one, but you should have about 4 to 6 possibilities to encompass a wide range of women and situations. Though, like in Pokemon, using more than one at a time is probably overkill and should not generally be permitted, though there are exceptions to this.

What kind of "Pokemon" should you use? Depends on the situation and also somewhat on what kind of women you want to meet. Every "Pokemon" has advantages and disadvantages. They also should be items that are congruent to your own personality. In other words, things that you would carry and use even if you weren't out looking for women. Women can sense posers like Abra senses threats during random battles. And since these things represent your personality in a way, it shows that she will be more compatible with you. If you walk around sporting a Dimmu Borgir t-shirt and she compliments it or reacts positively in another way, you can bet that she shares your dark personality or at least likes metal. Or if she says she likes your sling shot and asks you if she can play with it, you can bet she has a playful personality like you. The best way to explain is give you a sample roster (which is actually my own current roster):

The Horse Mask

This thing is awesome. It looks simple, but it carries a lot of power somehow. I'm not sure what it's appeal is, but all I know is that people love it. It's simple, yet extremely interesting. Women and men alike are drawn to it. The downside is that outside of parties, festivities, or something involving costumes, it's extremely inappropriate and will make you look like an oddball or even an attention-seeker.

Nerf Gun

Sometimes, I carry a Nerf gun in my jacket or messenger bag. By itself, it's not very interesting. However, pop a few shots off at a Starbucks hottie or a passing IHOP waitress, and you'll certainly get a her attention. However, you have to be careful or else her attention might be of the negative variety. If you can pull it off, it pays off very well. There's something endearing about a grown man playing around with a Nerf gun. You have to be a good judge of character and personality to pull it off. If you sense she's in a bad mood or a serious person, don't unleash this Pokemon!

Cute Asian Friend

The honest truth is that I love Asian women. More specifically, girls who are actually from Asia. Where I live, there are a lot of them, many of them very cute. Many of them are very new to the country, and usually this plays to my advantage. However, sometimes girls who aren't familiar with foreigners can be very intimidated by a gentleman who is trying to converse with them, even if it's for a simple thing like directions to the nearest PokeMart. Bringing a cute Asian girl along with you can help put them ease. It says "this guy is okay, he's with another girl/Asian (maybe his girlfriend) so he must be alright"! Social proof, basically. Bonus points if your girl is from the same country as the girl you're talking to. Honestly, this Pokemon is more of a defensive type on account that most people aren't compelling enough to have a girl break out of what she's doing to talk to you, so you have to split the responsibility with another one of your pokemon. Along with that disadvantage, I have also had women think that the girl with me is my girlfriend, which may make things harder. This can be dispelled pretty easily though, if you feel it is making her reluctant to get to know you more. Just introduce her as "my friend".

Cute Pomeranian ("Dabbers")

This one is hardly original, but with a little planning and careful selection, a dog can garner a lot of positive attention and get good conversations rolling. I have to admit, I actually didn't catch this Pokemon. My cute Asian friend recently came into possession of a really cute Pomeranian puppy that needs lots of walking. While walking "Dabbers" around campus one day, I was stopped a couple of times by some very cute girls who wanted to pet/play/feed/beat Dabbers. Appearently, some girls think these little wankers are cute. Anyway, I had a few little conversations, and even got a little hands-on action, all thanks to that little bastard. Then it dawned on me: I need to do this ALL THE TIME. The dog has relatively few disadvantages, but it poops and pees a lot, and you can't take it inside most public buildings.

Using interesting items to start conversations with women is something I call "Propping". You may have heard about a term called "Peacocking", but it's not the same. Peacocking is more focused on clothing, but Propping is more about objects. Don't get me wrong; if you have a really cool piece of clothing that stands out, you should wear it if you truly feel comfortable with it.

Other suggestions are canes, stuffed animals, llamas (I've actually used this one to GREAT success, no joke), skunk skin, Segways, pogo sticks, young children, small vintage cars... I'm sure you can think of more. Just remember not to choose something just because it's outrageous. You need to choose something that's congruent with who you are, or else you'll feel awkward the awkwardness will rub off on her, and she will feel odd as well.

1. Find women.

This part is basically the easiest step. Finding women in general is a no-brainer ordeal. However, if you're looking for a specific kind of girl, you'll have to know where to look. Squirtle lives in the water, and Onix lives in the ground. It's a lot harder to find an Onix in a lake, so be selctive about your locations and you will better your chances of meeting the kind of women you want to. Observe the area where you live or learn about the place where you will be (if you're going on a vacation or something). Learn where the type of women you like to meet gather.

I go to a mid-sized university, and I like Asian girls. So I look out for places where they hang out: Milky Way Tea, Library (a stereotype, but there is much truth to it where I live) Starbucks, various Asian food restrauts, and Asian clubs. However, I should point out that you should only go to these places if you would go there anyway. Go there because you enjoy it, not because you want to meet women. This is the wrong mentality. Women can very easily sense if you're out of you're element. If you are unfamiliar or uncomfortable with your target location, get aquainted with it. This means hang out there and be seen often. Maybe you will be uneasy with it for a while, but if you hang out there enough, it will become congruent with who you are. YOU want to be the one wondering "who the fuck are these new guys?". Make it known as the place where YOU hang out, not where all the hot girls hang out.

2. Be engaged by a woman.

This is the fun part! If your "Pokemon" are compelling enough, interesting enough, and you have a good vibe and confidence, a woman should approach you at some point! You won't have to do anything! No approaching, or fear of getting denied or whatever (real men wouldn't really have those concerns anyway, but this guide is for newbies). You don't have to worry about what need to say, because your "Pokemon" is the conversation starter! Plus, she's the one who approached you, so chances are it will frame her as the pursuer right from the start! Pretty sweet deal!

When she comes up, she's probably going to talk to you about whatever it is you have. Just tell her about it! Have some laughs! Enjoy her as well as the conversation! However, you'll eventually need to shift the topic of the conversation to her. I usually ask her for her name and introduce myself. Ask questions about her! But just don't ask, be curious! Ask her only if you really want to know. If you aren't at least a little curious about her, you probably aren't as attracted to her as you think. Make sure you like her! After all, she approached you! Unless she's genuinely just interested in your "Pokemon", chances are she'll welcome you wanting to get to know her and that she's at least somewhat interested. How do you know what her intent is? By watching her body language. He feet will point toward you. Her eye contact will be good, and she may very quickly scan your body from time to time. She may play with her hair or fiddle with jewelry. There are tons of signs of attraction and unattraction. I suggest you learn body language very well, as a strong knowlege of it will help you be more socially competent. The Body Language Project PDF is GREAT! It may be tricky to find, but it's well worth it!

However, it's just as important to observe your own self. Ask yourself "Do I REALLY like her?".

I can't tell you what to do from there, because frankly, you need to develop your own instinct. Just be natural. Be yourself, be fun, and be honest about your intentions. Honesty is super important. If you think she's cute, tell her. Don't be afraid to voice yourself! If she calls you out on using your friend's Pomeranian to pickup chicks, then admit to it! Be direct and honest and chances are that she will appreciate it. Just enjoy the moment. Diglets will dig, Pidgeys will fly, and love will strike. And when it does....

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. . . ."

-Thoreau's Walden

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:10 pm 

:lol:

You are something else, my friend!

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:15 pm 

Nice, I'm going out solo tomorrow night to observe V-day behavior, I'll keep this in mind.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:42 am 

haha thats awesome